• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Verrrrrrrrrrrt! Excuse me

SoCalDon

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Jeanne test rode the Convert at MGC yesterday.
She handles that thing way better than the 3 wheel MP3.
It’s a 1976 and not that bad ta-boot.

Well it’s in my garage now. We have a new Guzzi Girl.

Should be seeing Jeanne up in the local mountains soon.

Hum, they look different than the old box type.
They look like file boxes.
Dorky.
I like um.
If it dont turn into crazy bidding Ill give it a go.

congrats on the Vert! that is the same year I had...sure miss the Convert a bunch! remember works best with 100 front and 110 rear.

NICE! MUCH more sheik then a Mana! Congrats! Look forward to seeing her out and about on it.

mg spd rcr wrote:
congrats on the Vert! that is the same year I had...sure miss the Convert a bunch! remember works best with 100 front and 110 rear.

Rich,

There are conti's on it now.
What tires (here we go) did you put on your Vert?

Rode it in to work this morning.
Took it through Soledad Canyon @ 4:30AM.
I felt comfortable hitting the turns at Guzzi 60mph.
Was not at the edge of my skills but kept it conservitive.
Kind of runs like a rental go-cart with a Brigs & Stratton governor when you first jump on it
but once it gets up to speed, she is fine.
It's funny how much the ergo's and feel is common with the modern Tonti.
One can tell there is a legacy in the ride and handling.

Thanks for the love guys.
It is a guilty pleasure to ride the thing.

safetyBob is the best person on that question. his T-3 has same wheels he always gets the right size...EVERY time I needed tires I would order and wait...wait...wait they would be backordered, then I would jones to ride it and buy the 110 front and 120 rear to be able to ride it I ran the sport demons on my Convert plus steelbraided brake lines, I changed the clutch and brake controls with ones I took off Jackal also had to make special cables all this stuff was overkill but made it more fun to ride :cheer:

Congratulations Don and especially Jeanne !

Mark let me ride that veeert around Leo Carillo last year, Very nice bike ! Foe anyone interested, I was over at a friends house last weekend in O`side, Don Sinclair, He has a running convert that he will be selling soon. His and Hers maybe Don ?B)

Need to put some plywood up on the patio cover then I need to sort some loose electrical wires hanging off the Convert.

-The tail light wire was hanging down on the tire and I wore through the protective sleeve.
-A cap and stowed wire is hanging out of the right side cover.
-2 round relays are bouncing around the battery storage area.

Those are just the obvious things.
I need to put it on the jack stand and pull the side covers off, prop the seat up with a stick (the prop rod is long gone and the frame tabs were cut off), and give the harness a good looking over.

After I bring the electrical to a reasonable state of readiness I'll replace the fuel lines from the tank to the carbs.
The lines fold over and create fuel blockage.

Keep in mind this bike was built when I was in 11’Th grade.
When your girl friend's been passed around for 30 years she comes with issues.

The initial sort will produce a list of parts and fun stuff to order.
Here we go.
I'm even thinking of buying another Convert for a frame up.
Too many years of abuse on this one.
We'll ride this one as a test platform for components and parts, then migrate the good parts over when the time is right.
I'd like to get a 1980 Vert and keep the 1976 look with spokes.
We'll make them tubeless.
Would like to have a vert that looks stock from a distance and has simplified upgrades when you look close.
I dig the big ass turn signal lights Mark put on it.
I found a LED version. Check it out. Wacky? Yes.
Loud, proud, Guzzi.

GzConvt_01.jpg

led_redamber_large.jpg

Bill,

What year is your friends Vert?

Don,
I might have what your looking for in a Vert. PM me and I will give you my email and phone# . Won't be back home for about a week though.
The Convert lives in Cathedral City. I would like to see it go to a good home.

mg spd rcr wrote:
safetyBob is the best person on that question. his T-3 has same wheels he always gets the right size...EVERY time I needed tires I would order and wait...wait...wait they would be backordered, then I would jones to ride it and buy the 110 front and 120 rear to be able to ride it I ran the sport demons on my Convert plus steelbraided brake lines, I changed the clutch and brake controls with ones I took off Jackal also had to make special cables all this stuff was overkill but made it more fun to ride :cheer:

You rang? Yup, in fact I think the cast front wheel on my T3 came off a Convert, the rear off a LM I. These are skinny ass 2.15 inch rims, really do best with stock 100/90 front, 110/90 rear. In fact, it's a known thing with these bikes that while some 120 rear's will work ok, others will take out the wires to the taillight unless the wiring is rerouted, sizing is not really standardized from brand to brand like you would think. I know this from personal experience. Sound about right, Don?

I couldn't tell the difference in braking when I went form rubber to braided steel brke lines, but they sure looked cooler.

As for brand/tire, most know I really like Michelin Macadams on these early Tontis for a good combo or stick & longevity. When, as sometimes happens I cannot get the Macadams in the correct sizes, I think Avon Roadriders are the next best, about the same stick with a little less mileage. Pirelli Sport Demons feel absolutely great in the twisties, but are toast way, way earlier than most any other tire, half or a third as much mileage as Macadams. For me-& I am very sure this would be oh so true for Jeannie-Macadams or Roadriders would be plenty sticky enough for the demands she would put on them.

Can't tell what you have for rear shocks on that thing (Progressives?), but for me Ikon's are plenty adequate at reasonable price for moderate riding if what you have is worn out.

Don, you know the Convert & T3 are basically the same bike except for transmission & a few minor bits here & there, let's put 'em side by side, sure you'll find some other things you might want to try sooner or later.

Back