• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Very useful: Oil Filter cross reference

AndyOyamadaZ

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi, I found a very useful site that lists up the most motorcycle maker's oil filter cross reference and thier characteristics.
http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

Unfortunately, it shows only models before Breva. In that time, all models used same type 3 filter. Then it says the type 3 and type 7, BMW R1100/R1150/R1200, is actually same. That tells we can use very convenient BMW dealers as a Guzzi oil filter supplier! Also Harley Davidson dealers if you like.

But is it right???

Who cares? in Oz the factory approved filter costs $22, Buy five and a few gaskets to help with the postage and keep the buggers on the shelf. If you're so poor you need to save a few $ every 10,000Km you don't need a motorbike, you need a job. Oil filters are not the sort of thing you need in a 'Hurry' are they? it's not as if you can't see a 10,000Km change interval coming?

Look. I have nothing against other filters as long as they work, (And some are really crappy!) but worrying about finding alternatives has always struck me as barking mad!!!!

pete

At the risk of Pete's ire, if you choose to buy the UFI filter, fine. I have on a number of occasions. But my local dealer does not always have them in stock, and while I do usually buy them in lots I must admit that I am not so organized that I always have them when I need them. Plus, while the UFI filter is a good filter, it is not the best filter you can buy (but it is one of the most expensive). I have found that I can buy better filters at a better price, where I come from we call that a win/win.
Sorry Pete, no disrespect intended. Your Guzzi knowledge dwarfs mine, but while there are some idiots who buy alternative oil filters based solely on $$$ not everybody who wants alternatives to the stock UFI filter is buying some Fram POS filter to save a couple dollars every few months. But those who do that are idiots. I do agree with you there.

Don't remember where I found this, but I understand the new Norges aren't equipped with UFIs from the factory.. at any rate, A Toyota filter should be available anywhere.

Latest word I've received from MGNA tech department is to use the Bosch 3330 filter (the Toyota one) and torque to 15 Nm or 11 lb-ft. I do apply a thin film of chassis grease to the seal. It seals up well and removal is easier.

kiwi dave said:
Just curious, what sort of wrench does the Bosch 3330 require?

It is a 14 flute filter. An El Cheapo (from Harbor Freight) cast 74 - 76mm wrench fits OK, but an old style BMW (Motorcycle) filter wrench fits it like a glove.

hey Pete, I don't mean to save the money. Did I mention anything like that? It's just convenient...
I think the BMW filter can cost more... and that site disrecommends the cheap trick Fram.
I had 5 UFI filters at home and they all are gone now. Having stock at home is not convenient for me. I feel so lucky to go to a neat BMW dealer just 5 miles away to buy one by one!

Thanks for posting Andy. After 2 leaking UFI's I've had enough of mopping up oil drips :S

Back