• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Wanted: Graphite Y piece exhaust gaskets in europe

Farway

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hop someone can help. Both graphite gaskets on my y-piece on the exhaust has gone. Cannot find any stock in U.K....mid sept from Italy they recon :eek:

Farway said:
Hop someone can help. Both graphite gaskets on my y-piece on the exhaust has gone. Cannot find any stock in U.K....mid sept from Italy they recon :eek:

My Stelvio did the same thing two weeks ago. Just one on the left side. Likely cause is I didn't get around to tightening the clamps quick enough. Decided to do it one day but was two late. Noticed the gasket sticking out a little but did not think much of it. By that time the gasket was already half missing as it had already come out and came apart. Blew itself out on a trip....that is one loud bike without a muffler. Used some fibreglass wrap (same as used on header pipes) as a temporary gasket. Was good as new until I got it replaced. Put some under the clamp as a gasket and then put a couple of wraps on the outside of the clamp and tied it on with wire.

That being said, I know Corsa Meccanica in Vaughn Ontario Canada had 2 in stock as of last week. They may be able to air freight a set out to you. Also, looks like MG Cycle has them in stock. Link is below. Not exactly local, but an option.

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2635

You could also try some other dealers. I don't think the gasket is anything special. As long as you know the diameter of the pipe you may get lucky.

Good luck...

Thanks Canuck.
Apparently NOT an issue on the bike PROVIDING the correct maint schedule has been followed.... clearly this has not been the case.... Fibreglass, will give that a go. A temp fix will do for now as I've added extra clamps for additional sealing but my material of choice has been substandard. . And yes , going thru the tyne tunnel with a blowing exhaust is something to behold!

Loctite makes a product to seal exhaust leaks - comes in a roll and enough there to do both sides - drop or loosen off the pipe at the head - pull it back out of the Y and wrap it around to you feel there is enough to take up the gap. Here in Canada NAPA sells it for just over 5.00.
Another option is a heating retail store that sells wood burning stoves or furances - they'll have a rope type product that is used to seal the door as a gasket. Hardware stores sell it in bulk - in a pinch fiberglass drywall tape will work as well and it comes in rolls 2 inches or 10cm wide. You can get a produt called fiberbond to mix with it if you want to make the gasket more firm but you have a short window of opportunity once the hardner is added.
Question I ask is why are the Y pipes getting so hot that the clamps expand that much. Mine blew out today and I think the sensor is not reading properly, Lots of blue metal down there.

that area vibrates A LOT, the frequency is pretty low but the displacement is large. It seems to me that if the clamps are not pretty tight (and kept that way) the gaskets scrub and then loosen and blow out. a small leak past an exhaust gasket really kills it quick.

keep some anti-seize on the clamp bolts and check at oil changes. (the anti-seize will let you tighten much easier)

I think the layout of the joints makes the scrubbing in this exhaust a little worse....I have noticed on bikes and cars over the years that exhaust gaskets(slip type joints) that are lined up close to an axis of vibration (so the vibes are pulling and pushing along a pipe axis) seem to start leaking quicker and get looser faster.

one of mine blew out when the bike was new (the guy doing the setup missed checking it) but since I put the new one in and kept after it for about 3k miles (I snugged it probably 3 times) it has been good since, 12k mi now, but I still check it at oil chgs.

I ended up buying a role of this
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_wi412150

1200cel graphite wrap does the trick. I cut a strip and inserted between the header pipe and y-piece, wrap some of it around the actual joint, then cut 0.5mm thick 316S/S and wrapped around entire pipe and y-piece to encapsulate the entire lot, tied down with 5 hose clamps. Looks AWEFULL but works until those Italians decide to a)go back to work and b) actually manage to catch up the back-log of orders, Ill not have the corrct gaskets to use.

Just on the point of other heat resistant wrap's, wrope, fire place gasket, I have tried several of them however they always seem to burn off, smoulder, smoke, stink and simply only work for 150 -200miles

Brian UK said:
49 x 55 x 30 mm is that the size on the Stelvio? Those are a damn sight cheaper than the Guzzi offering.

This would be the size for the two at the front end of the Y-Pipe at the joints with the Header Pipes. The size at the back end of the Y-Pipe, where it connects to the muffler is ~ 5mm larger in diameter -- probably 55 X 61 X 30 mm.

The right size for the muffler gasket is 60.00x54.50x27.00mm.

Used at these Sushi Bombers:
Suzuki GSF 600 S BANDIT - 1995/1998, GSX 600 F - 1998/2006, RF 600 R - 1993/1994, GSX-R 750 - 1991, GSX 750 F KATANA - 1998/1999

Suzuki OEM is 1477127E00.

Here are some aftermarket ATHENA lists: http://www.athenaparts.com/eng/models/v ... x-abs-1200

These lists contain also the non-Guzzi bikes where the parts are also matching..

I ordered a set of these gaskets to fit my 09 stelvio and they are the same diameter as the pipe they are supposed to fit inside of. Are you supposed to cut and remove material to have them fit?
Seems to me this would just cause a leak, which is what I'm trying to stop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

nose2wind said:
I ordered a set of these gaskets to fit my 09 stelvio and they are the same diameter as the pipe they are supposed to fit inside of. Are you supposed to cut and remove material to have them fit?
Seems to me this would just cause a leak, which is what I'm trying to stop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Are you sure they did not send you (or you ordered) the gasket for the muffler to pipe instead of the crossover. They should fit on the end of the header pipe and inside the crossover pipe.

Thanks, I believe your are correct, that they are for the Muffler end not the exhaust end/header end. I didn't realize there was another larger size at the muffler to Y connection. I'm going to check at a Suzuki shop and see if they have the smaller size or re-order from Guzzi.

Thanks again.

canuck1969 said:
Farway said:

...My Stelvio did the same thing two weeks ago. Just one on the left side. ...

"Me too" - Mine blew the left side last weekend, Just as I hit the gas to overtake some traffic. Nice sound, but sacred the traffic I was overtaking at the time though, i think... :shock: Dealer has just picked the bike up this morning and will do the 20k service at the same time (Just over 13,300 miles on it now).

leafman60 said:
Did anyone ever come up with a Suzuki or Kawasaki part number for these?

My local Kawa/Yama dealer had two of the smaller size in stock. P/N 11060-1330 is for a Kawa Vulcan (I think) and is the same size as the two at the front end of the Y-Pipe on my Stelvio. As I recall, he charged me ~$15. each for the pair.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I discovered that I needed to use a larger wrench to properly tighten these exhaust clamps. I'd been using a 3/8 ratchet but it would not allow full tightening. I changed to a much-larger 1/2 ratchet and was able to properly pull-up the clamp to fully secure the joint around the graphite seal.

Back