• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Warning Oil pressure

Shrek

Tuned and Synch'ed
IMG 2121 IMG 2122 After doing a 750km high speed trip on my Lemon,i took my bike out the next day and noticed the oil pressure warning light was on.
Hoping it was an electrical issue,i rode about 5 km,s home.

I checked the oil pressure sensor,wire and connection etc but the light remained on.
So i jump on the forums to see what other people have experienced.
Many say to presume you have no oil pressure,rightly so, until the problem is found.
Loose oil filters seemed to be the main culprate.

So i removed the sump and bingo.The filter was loose.
I used to curse people who had tightened the filter so much that i would need a wrench to undo.
After changing dozens of filters and tightening them 2/3rds of a turn and having no problems.
I tightened this one over one turn and tweaked it with a wrench,to be sure.

This filter was in service for 10,000 before coming loose.

I would like to warn others about this and thank all those on this forum and others for pointing me in the right direction and probably saving me thousands.
The sump was clean and the motor seems fine.

Thankyou
Shrek.

I have seen on here where people have put a worm drive clip, hose clamp-whatever you call them around the filter and the screw head abuts up against the internals of the sump and stops in undoing.
Kev

I have seen on here where people have put a worm drive clip, hose clamp-whatever you call them around the filter and the screw head abuts up against the internals of the sump and stops in undoing.
Kev
Hmmm,i have read that too,but wasnt sure how it would work.So i didnt fit one this time.
But after reading what you say,i guess it could butt up against that round steel screw in thingy,which i guess might be an over pressure relief valve?
Bugger,next time.
Thanks for the reply :)

Every Tonti Guzzi with the filter inside the sump gets a hose clamp on the filter when it comes through my shop. It might be "OC", but it's better than the possibility of the filter loosening, the customer's engine "blowing up" and the customer possibly being injured or worse. IMO, there is no downside to adding one.

A few years ago, I passed through Seattle. Greg Field was working @ MI at the time. I picked up some filters, gaskets and a touring seat for my Jackal. He said: "You also want one of these", and handed me the hose clamp. It's been in there since. Sure gives peace of mind, and eliminates the most awkward part of troubleshooting on the side of the road. Overkill? You decide....

Every Tonti Guzzi with the filter inside the sump gets a hose clamp on the filter when it comes through my shop. It might be "OC", but it's better than the possibility of the filter loosening, the customer's engine "blowing up" and the customer possibly being injured or worse. IMO, there is no downside to adding one.
Yes Bill
I was in the same camp as you as i had never had one come loose on many of my bikes or cars over many years.
I am now a convert into Amboman and Nordicnorms camp.Thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience.
I have never heard about this being an issue before,I have to get out more.
No,its not worth the risk...

I'd never heard of internal sump filters coming loose on Guzzi's before, but after reading of it happening on
WildGuzzi, decided to fit one last time I dropped my LM2s sump. Peace of mind that costs virtually nothing.

Back