• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Warped V7C Gas Tank

oldmanjob

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Came home last Friday parked the bike and went up stairs. About hour and a half later went back down stairs to check if the door was closed and smelled a strong odor of gas. Thought the kids were messing with the dirt bike again. Then noticed the odor was strongest around my V7C. I looked down at the tank and it looked funny, so I opened the gas cap to see if there was pressure in it, and to my surprise gas shot about 2 feet out of the tank and it went back to its original shape. As a result the tank warped on the left flat side just above the left cylinder head. Brought the bike in for its 12,000 mile service and Steve at Moto-Nexus found one of the vent lines was pinched. Have no idea how it got pinched as the tank has not been off the bike and never had this problem before. It will be replaced under warranty. New tank is being ship :D

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 727
I had a similar problem with my Griso. The breather lines for the heads are zip-tied to the frame, and sometimes are routed poorly, and/or just zip-tied shut.
The main problem was with the tip over valve that was defective and caused pressure with the tank. I removed the valve and replaced it with a brass barbed fitting.
I've heard that the V7 lines are easily pinched shut, especially if the tank is moved around.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the info. Which vent line was it, so I know what to look for.

The new tank is in already and will be put on next Tuesday :D Luigi must not have been around when they packed the tank for shipment, as it is sticker free :eek: :lol: :lol:

Bill

Got the bike back today with the new tank, minus stickers :mrgreen: :lol: Luigi picked up the bill with no questions asked. I asked John the owner of Moto-Nexus whether he has problems with Piaggio on warranty claims (as you hear a lot of bad mouthing Piaggio on the WG forum). He said that as long as he has been selling Aprilia, MG, Piaggio, and Vespa products he has never been refused a claim , and approved with speedy results. He had a women come in with a Piaggio scooter which was a year out of warranty when the engine blew. The shop took it apart and found a defective part which caused the engine failure. Sent all the info to Piaggio plus photos and Piaggio replaced the motor free of charge. So you can't get much better than that. Personally I believe a good dealer dedicated to the brand does not have problems dealing with Piaggio.

John as a dealer with faith in Piaggio and putting a great value on his customers, ordered the new tank before the paper work to Piaggio was submitted. For everyone's information the price of a new V7C tank is $1000.00. He ordered it right away because he knew it would be covered.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for posting this. Your experience with MG/Piaggio warranty service is exactly the same as mine. I would say that my experience with my dealer (Cascade Moto Classics), MG warranty support and MG tech support have been stellar. I could not ask for anything better.

Back