• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Warrantee

charlietuned

Tuned and Synch'ed
what is the warrantee and warrantee period on a Cali1400? Here In south africa I get told that only the engine and gearbox is covered under warrantee , the rest of the bike is my problem surely thats not right , If it is so people here need to be told !!!

charlietuned said:
what is the warrantee and warrantee period on a Cali1400?
The warranty period is 2 years. The entire bike is covered, same as any other bike. Consumable items like tyres, air and oil filters and light globes are not covered, unless they are actually faulty themselves.

Stephen

Having worked in a motorcycle shop for about 20 years many years ago I would say a lost screw is not under warranty though any dealer worth anything would give them to you. I know if we did not have the old part Honda did not warranty it. If it was the heat shield screw it is just a M6x10 available anywhere. Not sure if they use stainless there or not.

yep , it was the heatshield screws, they fitted high tensile domed allen cap screws I could have bought stainless from our local bolt and nut place for quarter the price,, Im afraid some agents dont have a clue. They fell out within a 1000km from new, surely the agents could have replaced them in the interest of good customer relations ,but, I bought the bike, they got their money and that is all they care about!! sadly

Stainless is actually softer and a little weaker but they don't corrode. If the dealer didn't then you should get some blue Loctite or similar thread locking agent and apply it to the heat shield screws. Rule of thumb is if you don't have the old part there will be no warranty because the manufacturer is worried about false claims. I handed many a nut and bolt to a customer for free just for the good will. Why make a customer angry for a couple dollars when you spent thousands in advertising to get them in the door. I know, it happens.

I have a question on the heat shield screws themselves. I lost one on the last trip and ordered the OEM screws from AF1. These have a blue thread lock on them. Does anybody know if they have been this way from the factory or is this an update to try and get them to stay in place. Mine got that plus Locktite. They were Loctited by the previous owner. At least the one I did earlier was already done.

Loctite is known not to work well with heat; in fact heat is what you use to loosen screws bound with loctite. I recommend Schnorr or Nord lock washers instead.

Back