• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

warranty woes

DecD

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all, I could do with a bit of feedback with a major issue I have.
Like a lot of you I recieved the recall letter for the cam follower work in the 1st week of Feb. as the dealer I bought it from no longer does Moto Guzzi, I went to the local dealer here in Dublin Ireland. They registered my claim, even got he coupon number from the service site. Since that time they have been unable to get any response for Piaggio about when the parts will be made available. I have also rang the Guzzi customer service line and emailed them, twice in each case, but to no avail. I even rang Piaggio UK, but got stonewalled there also. It's now 11 weeks and counting, any ideas whatI should do?

Oh this is bloody stupid!

It's NOT a huge job for heavens sakes! Anybody with a few DECENT tools and half a brain can do it. Both you and DAve in Belfast seem to be being really screwed around.

I'd offer to turn my ticket to the USA into a 'Round the World' number and come and do it for free but I got burnt badly last ytime I did stuff for an overseas customer so that's off the cards I'm afraid.

What a ridiculous situation...

Pete

Gee Pete, that gives a really nice warm feeling :D :p (seriously, you got burnt for doing something for free, how's that even possible??)

Dec - here in France dealers are used to having to contact Piaggio/Guzzi Italy directly as the local "branch" often doesn't know what's going on (which is barely better than not getting a reaction at all). If your dealer hasn't already, ask him to contact the motherhouse, as high up as possible.

Shit happens. Actually it happens a lot but it seems that thereis an increasing number of people in the Guzzi community who think that the world owes them a living and/or devil take the hindmost. As the old saying goes, 'Trick me once, fool on you, trick me twice? Fool on me!'. I can afford totake that sort of loss occasionally but I'd prefer the money went to a decent cause rather than a cheap rip-off artist who used to tak private jets to the Bahamas and go heli-sking but then cries poor to the stupid bastard who took him at his word.

I've offered the prick a 'Get out of Jail' free card a couple of times. No bites. Pricks with evevated ideas of their oen importance and no tallent are like that.....

Pete

Ah, yes, that story. Sucks, from what I understood of it.

(Guess it goes to show we're not completely on our little home cloud and out of touch with reality... and that's not necessarily a good thing ;) )

I agree that receiving a response from Guzzi/Piaggio is nearly impossible. Like the fellow from France said, you need to have a dealer make the call. It has been the only way I have received any satisfaction. It seems that here in the US there recently has been an effort to get the followers and cams shipped to dealers. Had mine done less than 2 weeks ago. I wish you good luck

If you was in command of a big company that sold 3 million scooters world wide and 1000 Stelvio's,.........
...which would you listen to?

I was very surprised by the current tech rep for the US. He called most people to personally tell them about the new cams. A couple of weeks later when my cam had not arrived at the dealer, I called him back and left a message. The next day he returned my call :eek:hmy: and gave me the ship date (and the parts arrived at the dealer as expected).

Very surpising.

Once Piaggio finds they have someone on the staff that cares about customers, I'm sure they'll move him to a position where he doesn't deal with customers again. :laugh:

Wayne - I had a similiar experience here in the Northeast. Road today, and taking her to Maine tomorrow for the weekend.

Back