• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What are the problems with a 10 or 11 Stelvio

zx800

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I am looking at either a 10 or 11 left over Stelvio. I know of the lean fuelling conditions but any other problems people are having with this bike.

My view is, whatever the supposed problems, do it anyway. Mine has had its (more than) usual set of problems and has raided my bank account severely on occasion, but I love it. I've owned 24 different bikes and ridden way over 50 more but this one is the one that makes me catch my breath when I round the corner and see it waiting for me... Just love it.

Nothing I can think of unless covered here on this Forum. The '10 has the revised fork lowers, and the A8 more mid-range power cams/less top end of the A5 engine. I'll assume a '11 is a '10 left-over, because they didn't bring the '12/13 in as an '11 here in North America, but they did elsewhere.

Per above, buy one... you'll love it.

There are several 'Technical Updates' available for Stelvios, differing years needing differing things. Nothing really major but it will be worth checking the eligibility of any prospective purchase and ensuring the work has been carried out. I'm doing the centre stand update on an '10 today.

Pete

Owning a 10 I was unaware that there was an issue with the center stand. Mine works flawlessly.
Please fill me in.
Thanks in advance :D :D

There has been a technical update released. I'm not willing to link it up here because it is extensive and covers a host of models and whenever I have posted stuff up in the past there has been a whole load of bloody stupid 'Chicken Little-ing' and I simply dont have enough hours in the day to field questions from the paranoid.

There have been several issues, one of which was the centre stand. There have been a few failures so the factory has identified a possible problem and addressed it. If you want to know if your bike is subject to he update go to your dealer, with your VIN#, you don't even need to take the bike, and ask if the machine is subject to any of the update works. If you are told that there is no service bulletin? You're being BS'd. Checking it should take a couple of minutes on line in most countries, not unfortunately in Oz, but it takes me one phone call to the importer to find out what is what with he VIN#, if the vehicle is eligible I get a call back within the hour telling me what parts are needed. I don't even have to order them individually, I just submit a warranty claim with a supplied 'Coon' number and 'Voila' a box of shit rolls into my workshop for me to fit!

It's NOT rocket science. It's not difficult. It doe's help if customers understand that warranty pays shit and we, the service agents, like to eat but we, or at least I, try to prioritise warranty work if I can and sometimes there will be a wait for parts which we have no control over.

Sometimes I think it would be really nice if someone would have a good word to say for dealers. Fat chance.

Pete

...My dealer (Sloan's), here in Nashville was great regarding warranty cam and follower issues. Even though they were not the seller of my Stelvio, they did a superb job. Real stand-up guys...gdp

pete roper said:
Sometimes I think it would be really nice if someone would have a good word to say for dealers.

Here's a good word to cheer you up Pete, my dealer (Teasdale's in Thirsk, UK) is doing a good job ! My Stelvio's in for the stand recall and a couple of other bits and bobs and he's been on the ball. Much better than Moto Guzzi UK who have not replied to my call or email as to why I have to wait 6 weeeks for a brake disc... I've got all my info from Andy at Teasedales, top bloke. There I've said it.

Back