• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What is it?

Perk5560

Tuned and Synch'ed
I did a fairly long ride yesterday, put her away with the promise of doing a good cleaning the following morning. What I noticed this morning fairly quickly was this disconnected drain hose hanging down or should I say up.

I suspect it's tied in with the emission or fuel vent system but I really don't know. If someone could further my education a little bit and possibly help me (verbally) with the re-installation of the tube and what is necessary to do this such as fuel tank removal etc.

Last but not least, does anyone think there would be any issues with riding the bike as it is? Loose Hose Image1

My first guess is the drain tube for the fuel tank from the over fill hole by the gas cap. I would pick up the tank and look under it. If you want to ride before you fix it I would try blowing air in that drain hole and see if it comes out high under the tank or low by the centerstand, If it isn't that I would not ride too much in case it is a vacuum line and the engine sucks air.

Thanks Abbienormal for responding. I did slightly overfill the tank on my ride so that sounds about right. It's kind of hard to believe that the "overflow" would have caused enough pressure to disconnect the line but probably stranger things have happened.
Hopefully I can lift the tank off its rear mount and gain enough access without having to disconnect too much.
Thanks again.

Dave

Overfilling it would not do it. I would bet it just wasn't inserted all the way. If you have a short piece (I'd say under 12", shorter is better) of 2x4 handy it props up the rear of the tank nicely so you can look around under there. The line I am thinking of is outside the cap seal but there is also the tank vent line. Also check the line to be sure it is not plugged. Never had it happen on my 1400 but my Norge line plugged solid.

Thanks for the tip. I did look underneath the tank as much as I could with it propped up and didn't find anything that didn't look like it was already hooked up to something else. I'm starting to believe the connector hose that connects to the one in the photo may never have been there. The hose in the photo is just too short to reach anywhere near the underside of the gas tank.

I'll have to take a ride a ride to the dealer and let them tear into the bike and find or replace the connecting hose. I've only had the (new) bike a little over a month and a half so am a little reluctant to get much further into it.

I appreciate you getting back with me.

Dave

Back