• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What is under your seat?

3ackok

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Our bikes have a lot of stowage room under seat, especially if the canisterectomy has been performed. What do you keep there?
I have a Guzzi toolset with couple of extra tools, an electrical meter to troubleshoot gremlins, small compressor, tire repair kit, couple of cloth and paper towels, bike registration and insurance cards.
At the same time I couldn't even find a spot for documents on a Harley V-Rod.

canisterectomy!! nice one.

So whats under the seat, Guzzi tool kit, Headlight bulb, Main beam bulb, 2 * Indicator bulbs, Autocom and leads, Spare fuses, Brakedown recovery card, 2 pairs of latex gloves, Hand wipes (available in individual packets from some fast food outlets), Twin socket connected direct to battery (for satnav and phone charging when touring, I found the plugs fallout the fixed Guzzi scoket) and finally a peice of rag.

I have Goop in the tyres so don't usualy carry a tyre repair kit, but I have just got one for touring just in case. There's no more room under the seat it'll have to go in the top box.

Bronco_Breva :evil: :evil:

Guzzi tool box
short piece of rope
tyre repair kit and air canisters
piece of wood for side stand on soft surfaces
bicycle pump
wet weather top and bottoms
spare ear plugs
spare headlight bulb
head ache tablets
and I think I have a phone charger in there somewhere

Robert

Just two answers. I guess most people are immune to carrying as much junk as possible :D
Roblatt , what are "wet weather top and bottoms"? Did you manage to fit a whole rain suit under the seat?

Under my Norge's seat I carry my tire repair kit with very small air compressor. Additional fuse block to power several accessories. Very slick Scorpio Alarm system. Guzzi tool kit. Registration and proof of insurance. I think that's it.

I trust in the Gods .. no Guzzi toolkit, just satnav charger and waterproof overpants under the seat. I always have a small rucksack with few allen keys, cableties, multktool, phone and breakdown card.... and i figure my Guzzi wont let me down ... unless it does so in a big way!

Art

Two piece rain suit or full rain cover, GPS charger, bike's papers, default tools, two 10cm rubber tension ties.

Still the canister on mine....is there info on the forum about how to perform the "canisterectomy"? What does it do anyway?

3ackok said:
Our bikes have a lot of stowage room under seat, especially if the canisterectomy has been performed. What do you keep there?
I have a Guzzi toolset with couple of extra tools, an electrical meter to troubleshoot gremlins, small compressor, tire repair kit, couple of cloth and paper towels, bike registration and insurance cards.
At the same time I couldn't even find a spot for documents on a Harley V-Rod.

I have always carried a fairly comprehensive toolkit on all my bikes, and invariably only ever used them on other people's bikes.
Unfortunately with the ABS pump the Norge has little space available.

Still the canister on mine....is there info on the forum about how to perform the "canisterectomy"? What does it do anyway?

The carbon canister is supposed to keep fuel vapors from escaping into the atmosphere. As has been discussed... if it mysteriously falls off, you get lots more under seat storage.

I didn't see a specific procedure on Guzzitech, but the principle is simple. One line goes to the carbs, one line to the gas tank, one line to the bottom of the bike and atmosphere. fuel vapors from the tank expanding and contracting may produce vapors that are drawn off by the line to the carb. You can block the line to the carb (at the carb), if the canister mysteriously falls off. All other associated parts can be removed. The tank can breathe to atmosphere, but should probably have something to keep bugs from crawling in.

Am I missing something?
Oh yes, is there a possibility of an overfilled tank p*ssing petrol down that fuel tank vent line?

Although the amount of space under the seat is generous and it's tempting to fill it with "stuff", I'm a bit coy of putting much in the front zone because there is an important heat path passing through there from between the cylinders and from the alternator at the front. Beside the battery and above the rear fender should be fine though, and I do carry some odd and ends there.

I never ride without a topbox and it's there I put "essential stuff" for day-rides.

Back