Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

What's the deal, are the original people gone?

Discussion in 'Small Block' started by Sanders63, May 26, 2016.

1. Sanders63

Sanders63 Tuned and Synch'ed

8 days ago I posted a question about racing a V65, then 1 day later(I think) I posted it on small block & then I replied to someone that had rebuilt their V65 front forks with a question, then I posted questions about front suspension & wheels ?
    Maybe being 67 has something to do with it or being a Redneck, but donating to this site so I can get some kind of feed back or info & getting Zip, kind of chaps a old man's butt!
    Ya'll have a nice life

2. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I guess I am not old enough..... ;-)
    I do have an 87 Lario, that is my oldest Guzzi. But I am by no means an expert on old small blocks.

3. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

I also have no clue on an old small block even though tho V50 was the Guzzi that made me say I want a Guzzi it wasn't till the 2007 Norge that I got one.

4. Trout

Trout GT Reference

WOW!!! How would anyone here know your age, IQ or life style & how does all that figure in to your disappointment?

On a different forum I once asked about valve adjustment on a Cali 1400 I owned & also mentioned that the Guzzi Service Manual stated that it had hydraulic lifters & you would have thought I dis-respected their mothers!!!!

I would much rather be ignored.

5. Auris

Auris Tuned and Synch'ed

My questions are usually answered by John Zibell, thanks to him I managed to fix a few things without having to go the machanic :)

I think there are a few people like john who know their stuff about guzzi's (smallblock), and more people like me who want to know more... But wait a year or two and hopefully I will be able to contribute to this forum more :)

6. Keith Broughton

Keith Broughton Tuned and Synch'ed

His point was that his age and being a Redneck (LOL) influences HIS perspective to the site and it looks like he thinks payment is required to get any real help.

I must admit, being near his age, I have little patience with forum responses to my questions that are from people that have not read the question, have no experience with the question, know someone who thinks they heard from someone that might know something kinda the same, pull some bullshit answer out of their ass or derail the question to something totally unrealated.
    It's frustrating and I too would rather be ignored than have to dig through a pile of shitty responses to find anything of value.
    If you don't have anything to add to the question DON"T RESPOND!
    NOT saying it's this site necessarily but it happens a lot!

There...I feel better now :)

7. sign216

sign216 High Miler

So I can use 15w-50 oil instead of 10w-60?

8. Sanders63

Sanders63 Tuned and Synch'ed

Heck Keith
    You made me feel better:happy:
    Thanks to all for the replies,
    Still would like to know about the air adjust forks on a v65 rebuild, jetting dellorto's for pod filters & if there is any problem putting a Lario front wheel on a v65c, there shouldn't be, but its Italian;)
    I was on this site 4 years ago (Hence Sanders63) building on a 1996 V1100 Cal. changed rear gearing, fuel tank & such, & got some info on timing & tuning the V65c
    If any of you run across anyone with info send them my way.
    On the oil question:
    if your bike calls for 10-60w ? & you switch to 15-50W by using the 15 bottom weight your putting more pressure on your oiling system & rpm response of the engine even if only a minute amount. Living in Massachusetts the 50 top weight should make no difference unless you are running near red line a lot or racing.
    Ya'll have a great day

9. Stevie

Stevie Cruisin' Guzzisti

Not no, but hell no!

;)

10. Trout

Trout GT Reference

LOL!!! EVIL CHILD!

11. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

Not owning a small block I have little info but there is a thread on here where changing the 16" wheel to a larger one but since I don't know where it was I stayed quiet. I though somebody would bring it up.
    If there are no threads on the forks I would check the archives. I am on the road right now so I don't have time to look.

12. Keith Broughton

Keith Broughton Tuned and Synch'ed

Derpends on which tires you have:D

13. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have more questions than answers, and usually respond to discussion out of comraderie and humor, as much to entertain myself as I like to write and converse. I don't reply direct technical questions unless I think I can help or add to an answer. I am good with a wrench and can knuckle along pretty well on most old school 4 wheel mechanical issues, questions and answers. 15+50=65, 10+60=70. You come up short 5Ws with 15w-50 so you might want to use one quart of 5W to pick up the slack (depends on oil pan size). Simple math.

14. sign216

sign216 High Miler

Thank you all for recognizing my humorous attempt to divert this to an oil thread.
    I feel like, given enough time, every motorcycle thread goes to oil.

Hawghauler likes this.
  15. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

If I was positive on the answers to your questions I would have responded. As such, I don't respond with possibly incorrect questions. The air forks on these bikes didn't hang around long and neither did the bikes they were on so I don't have any experience with them. Jetting is always a trial and error procedure reading plugs along the way. The air intake you use and the condition of the exhaust make jetting nearly an individual setting for each bike. Sometime you just have to come up with the factory manual and just give it a go.