• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Where is that "Je ne sais quoi?"

guzzirider

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Been doing plenty of little jobs in the garage over the winter on my other Guzzis and one thing that has struck me is the fact I have not yet really bonded with my Stelvio.

Don't get me wrong, she is a lovely super handling bike with a peach of a motor but for some reason she does not have the emotional pull of my older bikes.

Is it because we have only had less than one year together? Or maybe the newer models just don't have that je ne sais quoi that the older bikes have?

What do other owners think?

Hi Guy

I think you should thank your lucky stars you have got one of the few Stelvio's that has behaved impeccabley:)

You do realise that could be your problem bonding with the Stelvio.
The bike is perfect, it starts well, runs great, no horrible noises and your electrical system is as reliable as the national grid:)
I would say an Italian Motorcycle that performs like that has got all of the je ne sais quoi needed:)

I say Good luck Guy, go bang the miles on it:laugh:

Perhaps a day out on certain german bike would make you glad to own a Guzzi:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Loftyjohn

I used to 'pat the tank' of my Stelvio, when returning from a long trip, ..".Well done lad"......ok for 9500 miles, till the cams went..... the "je ne sais quoi " dissapeared too. Only put 1000m on it since, done 5000 on the winter Pan Euro. I must take the MG out for a run soon, when the salts gone.

Re:Where is that

guzzirider wrote:
Been doing plenty of little jobs in the garage over the winter on my other Guzzis and one thing that has struck me is the fact I have not yet really bonded with my Stelvio.

Don't get me wrong, she is a lovely super handling bike with a peach of a motor but for some reason she does not have the emotional pull of my older bikes.

Is it because we have only had less than one year together? Or maybe the newer models just don't have that je ne sais quoi that the older bikes have?

What do other owners think?

You are not alone, It took about 5000 miles for me to feel a bond and a level of operating confidence with my Norge, If I could change one thing it would be a cable operated clutch instead of hydraulic one, does that sound crazy or what ? On the other hand it took less then 100 miles to bond to my V7C, everything about it just feels so right.
Anyone care to psychoanalyze this for me ?

It may be because you have several other bikes to choose from. It's the wealthiest man's problem perhaps!!! LOL
I only have my Stelvio and since I fell in love with it (before buying it) I never had a second of doubt about it.
I just watch the weather forecast every evening in hope that the next day will be a great riding day.
It's all that's been bothering me so far!

guzzirider wrote:
Hehehe having several bikes makes you very un-wealthy I can assure you!

Thats for sure, Still to bond with mine also but need to get it back on the road first lol...

Interesting thread. I don't feel I have the miles to make that emotional call yet, but I know what you are talking about.

After moving to the mountains, I bought a BMW GS. Wonderful machine, always worked great, and was duller than toast. I decided the adventure bike was for me, but this one did nothing for me emotionally.

Then I swung the other direction and bought a Cagiva Gran Canyon. Wonderful machine, always worked great, and left me with grins after every ride and every time I went in to the garage. Now the only problem was the mileage and likely maintenance I just don't have the time and inclination to do any more.

Thus the Stelvio. So far I love it. I would love it even more if I could get the stupid weather up above freezing for a couple of days.

I remember bringing this up with Todd about my Norge, when I was a couple of months into ownership. I didn't feel anything particular, the bike was everything that I'd guessed she'd be from this board, minus the, well, yes, bonding aspect.

Todd warned me Guzzis can do that. It can take a while, but all of a sudden you realise you've bonded. I just spent not even 2 weeks far from mine for the 1st time (and Wonder B at least had 2 bikes to look at every day ;) ), but I missed her from about day 2 of separation.
(Even if I hardly get to ride outside the weekends, I walk by her in the 'next-door street' every day just to check if all's OK...)

guzzirider wrote:
Hehehe having several bikes makes you very un-wealthy I can assure you!

I have absolutely no doubt about that!!!:lol:
It's just that you have to be wealthier than me to be able to afford to buy several...
Then it'll settle you back to my bank account level! LOL
So we end up on the same level in the end!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back