• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Where to find 2009 Stevio recalls etc?

Stelvioman

Just got it firing!
I ordered my 09 Stelvio in a crate, so I was wondering if there is a way to get a list of 09 recalls and updates before I assemble the bike? After talking to a couple of local Guzzi dealers here, it seems they really don't know anything about the bike except the price and I don't hold it against them as whoever sells them around here will also sell 3 or 4 other brands otherwise they could not make a buck. I've never bought a bike in for service in my life and so far so good! But I do get all the shop manuals.

So far I've found this detailed dealer info sheet for the cam recall and it's pretty good with detailed pics for the fix but hopefully none of the 09 models are affected?

http://guzzista.wetpaint.com/page/Moto+ ... s+Releases

Well, this forum is a little lonely :laugh: Looks like I'll be on my own with my Stelvio....yep, just me and my Guzzi :laugh:

well, it depends, if you have a real 2009 model, then there are no recalls. You shure have one if you have an abs bike, if you don't have an abs bike, it could be a 2008 model/fabrication.

if you have the older model, your dealer should be able to see in the moto guzzi warrenty system what still is needed.

for 2008

- 003-2008 Griso 8V-1200 and Stelvio 1200 timing nut service.pdf
- 004-2008 Stelvio Starter motor.pdf
- 002-2009 06/02/2009 and 006-2009 and the cams and tappets update

If you want to be able to claim any warrenty, your dealer should put your bike in the system, and the services it had too, else no parts paid.

Stelvioman,

To verify if it is 08 or 09, check the VIN #. 09 doesn´t have any service campaigns, instead the new fuel map.

Antonio Alday
Guatemala

If you are buying your Stelvio in a crate, one assumes you will be doing the PDI yourself.
Be very careful in taking this on, as it might well invalidate your warranty.

Thanks Everyone! It doesn't have ABS as far as I know, have not picked it up yet but will ask for the VIN. I asked all the dealers here and none of them could tell me anything about when the 09 models had the mods and are true 09'ss. They swear the 09's are the exact same as the 08's, so I tried to explain to them that they are not with the new camshafts, airbox etc that Aprillia did to them.

Brian UK, I'm ok with the PDI as long as I get a true 09 model.

Antonio, thanks for the VIN info!

Pauldaytona, I'll ask the dealer if they can put my bike in the system and give me the service info needed if any. I'm surprised they did not tell me or offer that!

I have been reliably informed that the 2009 stelvio is exactly the same as the 2008 but with abs. This includes the new NTX which is exactly the same as the 2008 but with the add ons. Unfortunately this is all a marketing exercise to sell more bikes and would you beleive it mcn are making out the bike is different from last years one. Do you really think the reviewer would know any difference. It seems to me Piaggio have paid emap or whoever own mcn to run a spread on Moto guzzi for a few weeks to drum up some sales. Is it more than coincidence that mcn do not report lay offs in Mandello a day after their spread on moto guzzi. I know I sound cynical but I am and possibly the only ting to help moto guzzi at this moment in time is for new buyers to buy new bikes not leave in the past. Sorry I keep doing this I am off the fags and grumpy. Chipper

chipper wrote:
I have been reliably informed that the 2009 stelvio is exactly the same as the 2008 but with abs. This includes the new NTX which is exactly the same as the 2008 but with the add ons. Unfortunately this is all a marketing exercise to sell more bikes and would you beleive it mcn are making out the bike is different from last years one. Do you really think the reviewer would know any difference. It seems to me Piaggio have paid emap or whoever own mcn to run a spread on Moto guzzi for a few weeks to drum up some sales. Is it more than coincidence that mcn do not report lay offs in Mandello a day after their spread on moto guzzi. I know I sound cynical but I am and possibly the only ting to help moto guzzi at this moment in time is for new buyers to buy new bikes not leave in the past. Sorry I keep doing this I am off the fags and grumpy. Chipper

I'm not shure how reliable your source is, mine are the 2008 and 2009 parts lists, and those show much more small and big differences.

I made a list here in a mapping topic

Here lets add some mud the water.... mine was in Canada in Sept.08 in a crate , according to the dealer, registration and the VIN# it's an 09. So what exactly is a 2008 Stelvio. I was informed that even though it was built in 08 it was considered by all the powers that be, to be an 'early release' 2009.??
FBC Oh and the cam recall has been done, so it doesn't have the original cams, and the only parts breakdown I've seen is for 2009/NTX, models whatever that is concerned with.

Pauldaytona not being mysterious but the person who told me would possibly not want his name mentioned on a website but rest assured the man knows guzzis and I would go with him 100%. I asked the question to him with a view to changing next year and that was his reply. Personally I know f%*k all about bikes apart from riding and buying them but have come to appreciate what more knowledgeable people have to say. Chipper

Pauldaytona I stand corrected my source has since informed me there is a new airbox and it was this announced in mcn for the NTX but the original TT was exactly the same as the stelvio. In future I think I will keep shtum. Chipper

Back