• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Who came off of an FJR??

richarddacat

Just got it firing!
The hot weather is brutal on my 05FJR, besides that and some handlebar vibration this bike fits me great. Love the power and handling and I got mine setup just right.

So, why am I here shopping for Norge info? Just got the fever I guess?

If any Norge Guzzi riders were formally FJR riders, I'd be interested in a comparison.

I'm concerned about vibrations of the twin but I am familiar and have a history with Airheads. Matter of fact I rode BMW's for many years up till seat time on my FJR.

My riding is sport-touring and my slab time is usually running at 80mph.

So, is the Norge for me?

We did 20,000 + miles on a Blue 05 FJR and the heat was the only thing worth complaining about on that fantastic bike but I am much more comfortable and in lust with my 07 Norge. I just never connected with the FJR like I have with my GUZZI. My S/O likes the FJR better as it fits her frame better and she loves the inline 4 motor, unlike me a twin afficinado. The MG seat is better, the saddle bags bigger, sexier styling, no ugly welds showing like on the FJR and it makes much better exhaust sound. There is more room to spread out on the MG and more passenger room. Of course the downside is the FJR is much quicker and has way better dealer network and handling. Gas mileage is a bit better on the Norge and it comes with onboard diagnostics and gets WAY more attention than I ever did on the FJR. We will end up getting another 08+ FJR for her sometime soon...:^)

After doing 15,000 on my 05 Breva and loving every minute of it I've just swapped it for an 04 FJR and I love it, ooooh the power, and the wife's much more confortable on the back. She has been fine doing 350 mile days accross Europe a couple of weeks ago, where she struggled to do more than 200 miles on the Guzzi.

The only real problem with the Breva 1100 is at 86 bhp it just wasn't enough when 2 up with luggage. With a total of 35,000 miles and an oil leak it had to go.

But if someone give's me the money the FJR would be gone without a second thought and I'd have a new 8v 1200 Norge sitting on the drive. More power, better seat it ticks all the box's. (and can someone tell Guzzi to make a red one)

Bronco Breva.

Attachments

• 2011_0701Holiday0264.JPG
    2011_0701Holiday0264.JPG
    639.8 KB · Views: 818
How about this red one? :p

2010-Moto-Guzzi-Norge-8v-Left.jpg

Beautiful color. I had a K75 in Mystic Red that I really liked but this color is gorgeous.

Yea, rub it in.
You guys across the pond get all the cool bikes and colors. :angry:

Re: Who got up on an FJR??

Actually, no. (And we never had the red 2V Norge here in France!)

This bike is unique. It was ordered as a white 8V Norge, and then spent some time at a paintshop.

Re: Who got up on an FJR??

RJVB said:
Actually, no. (And we never had the red 2V Norge here in France!)

This bike is unique. It was ordered as a white 8V Norge, and then spent some time at a paintshop.

Your bike is sharp excellent color choice but, isn't the photo I posted a file photo from MG? I assumed this model color is available, maybe not in France?

Oops, wasn't clear: not my bike, a friend's. I'm not giving up on the Éminence Grise just yet!

No, the red was only used for the initial show/demo bike. It's not a current production colour.

Highjacking this old thread.

bronco_breva said:
only real problem with the Breva 1100 is at 86 bhp it just wasn't enough when 2 up with luggage

Did you do any performance mods? Is that possible to get away with mods in the UK?

I got a big enough improvement out of my Breva with a GT Y-pipe eliminating the cat, a Mistral silencer, and the fueling band-aid; Memjet. Results in a lot more torque and better acceleration. A stock 8V motor still beats it though.

I debated an FJR, then I found a great deal on an '07 Norge and fell in love with the looks of the bike instantly! The ride, sound, and style is dripping with character that I have yet to find on any other bike.

Back