• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Width of Norge?

MurphyPeoples

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey gang.
I pick up my Brand New Norge this Monday in Wilmington, and ride her back 4 hours to home.
Can anyone tell me what the widest width of the Norge is? I've pulled my V-Strom 1000, and BMW Airhead into
my Office (which acts as my motorcycle garage) by pulling them through the Standard Entry door.
I'm hoping the Norge will fit too!
Wish me luck.... high temperature is 51f for Monday. I'll be wearing Ski Pants, heavy jacket, and wool undergarments.
It's 4.5 hours of strictly highways. I-74/I-95/I-20/I-26. Whew!
Murphy

Well good luck to you Murph, may your new steed, mate and confidant be everything you hope and wish for, treat her/him well and you will have a friend for life.

The trip home sounds like it might be an adventure - just they way it should be.

Don't forget to stop and savour the moment, and take a plenty pics and post em up.

Yes Dean I agree.
I'm still waiting for a nice Norge owner to take a tape measure and give me the info though.
I plan on taking off the bags, and swing the mirrors back after breaking them loose.
Usually I can "tilt" the bars through... so Handle Bar width isn't the worry.
I just need to know what the distance across the bikes widest point is (in inches guys ;)

Also - a side point. How many miles before the Norge is reccomended for a check of the valve lash, and change of the oil?
I'm thinking I'll change the oil straight away after my first ride... but how many miles till the valve check?

Thanks in advance guys!
Murphy

OK, I am a liberal-arts kind of guy, so numbers are a challenge, but think I more or less understand a tape measure. ;)

I did round these up a tad; that's tech talk, but I mean I probably gave a 1/4 or so extra.

And, fwiw, I happen to have two (of the fast) Norges in the GarageMahalo just now, and you'll be pleased to know they have the same measurements. :p

With bags -- I know it's irrelevant -- you need 37 inches.

At the front, it's 34.5 inches with bars in straight-line, less Sport mirrors (on both Norges here), which I discounted, as I supposed you could loosen those (tho be careful, Norge mirrors are a whole other subject).

That drops to 32 when at full lock, clutch or brake levers (depends which way you have to turn to enter) to opposite long point, which is bar end.

With Sport mirrors in place, by the way, it's 34.5

Hope this helps ... and is accurate! :S

Congrats on the Norge; hope it brings you the joy mine has to me.

If you don't have electric m/c gear, try to buy some. You will find, I think, the heated grips useless in seriously cold weather unless you can find some gloves with good wind block and thick "outers" and thin "palm side" surface.

Too bad about the slab route, but you can make that up later. Where do you live again?

Bill

SPECS for the 2009 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT
Moto Guzzi Norge Weight
Dry Weight (lbs): 542
Moto Guzzi Norge Dimensions
Rake (degrees): 25
Trail (in): 4.7
Ground Clearance (in): 7.3
Wheelbase (in): 58.9
Height (in): 44.3
Width (in): 34.3
Length (in): 86.4