• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Will I make it?

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
In my never-ending quest to fiddle, I removed a "few" things from my Norge SS in preparation for the National Rally in Salida (Sa-Ly-da as I've learned to pronunce it), CO end of this month. Most of the bits are due back from the painter/coater end of this week, or first part of next.

Also, going on is the proto YSS Monoshock, and of course HP Fork Springs along with YSS PD Valves.

Wish me luck.

Lucky it's not a "shed" project or you would still be working on it this time next year :eek:hmy:

Hope you make it!

I see at least two back up bikes in the back ground in case you won't make it with the Norge in time! Cheater....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WTF.. You took apart a perfectly good Norge ??????

.. It better be red when it gets reassembled...

See you in Colorado

While you're at it, you could try to see how well that YSS monoshock allows one to hop around ...

... look mommy, no wheels!

:silly:

sbaker wrote:
WTF.. You took apart a perfectly good Norge ??????
.. It better be red when it gets reassembled...
See you in Colorado
Yes, no, and look forward to it(!).

Looking forward to seeing the photos.
I've got plans to give my Breva the same treatment next winter, it will be four years old by then so a new finish will get her looking almost new.
I've still not got any idea about colours though.

Well, my patience is being tested. Painted parts (hoping) to be done tomorrow, and I pick up *most* (but not all) of the important powder-coated parts late today. Looks like I'll be up wrenching around the clock this weekend.

The new YSS Monoshock mounted:

Todd ... dunno if something along these lines would be an idea/solution? :silly:

09061811B500moto_uno.jpg

I see in the first pic. the drive line is still on the bike did you paint the carc system yourself and if so what did you use.
Bob

Re:Will I make it? Almost...

Well, I made it, but the DMV kept me from riding it to CO. Bummed.

Most of the mods are visual, except for the 19mm radial front m/c, HP Fork Springs/YSS PD valves & YSS Prototype Mono (more on this soon) and custom-fit Remus slip-on (for now). Bob, I did remove the whole swing-arm/rear drive assy. to coat it with a truck bed liner spray... very durable, easy to apply, and easy to touch up if/as needed.
Special thanks to MPH/Todd & Mike, Moto Int./Greg, and Speakers/Jason. For those who don't know, this is the ex-Mike Bui Norge.

Next is off to the dyno for the ECU/PC-V endeavors. Wish me luck.

End result:

Looks a whole different bike in that colour! It seems you left off the little chrome 'wings' on the main fairing flanks? And is that the CalSci windscreen?

RJVB wrote:
Looks a whole different bike in that colour! It seems you left off the little chrome 'wings' on the main fairing flanks? And is that the CalSci windscreen?
Thanks... yes, left the winglets off for now, not sure what I want to do with them yet, but for sure, chrome is a no-go. ;)

That's the SkidMarx screen, but I do have the CalSci screen that I will be comparing.

Back