Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Will the Norge, Griso or 1200 Sport(2V Motor) run without a Dashboard?

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by lesman, Oct 24, 2018.

1. lesman

lesman Just got it firing!

I'm in the process of shoehorning a 2008 Norge motor into a 1972 Eldo.I would like to run Fuel Injection. I have a 1200 Sport wiring harness, Norge/Breva throttle bodies and injectors, coils. I have not bought an ECU/ECM. Will the 5a ECU/ECM work without a dash?. Would changing to a 15M ECU/ECM solve my problem? I prefer the FI instead of carbs.I have Fuel Injection"Lite" skills.

Best Regards,
    Les

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

No you cannot not run the 5AM without a key/antenna ring and dash, but yes it will run with the 15M and PC-V/AT. I’ve done something similar already.

3. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

I'm curious about this too. The wiring harness will have to match the ECU I assume, but will there be any other gotchas?

4. lesman

Now that my dreams are getting crushed. Can someone explain my new reality? What is PC-V/AT?
    So will any 15m ECU work? Do I need to run the right switch to make the circuit complete? Will I need to run a wiring harness from a CalVIn vs earlier 2000's or late 1990's wiring harness? Should I just say screw it and run Carbs? Can you point me what you have done to resolve these obstacles?

Best Regards,
    Les

5. Bisbonian

Bisbonian Cruisin' Guzzisti

PC-V = Power Commander V
    AT = Autotune
    Although Todd can explain it better, the PC-V is sort of a piggy-back to your ECU which allows for easy mapping changes to the fuel map. The Autotune allows for an Oxygen sensor to be installed which will adjust the mixture based on the fuel/air ratios that you set.
    I have this setup on my 1200 Sport and it runs very well.
    Todd sells them on here and did the basic setup on mine before sending it out. I've had it on there since around 2011 or 2012 and had no problems.

6. KRHguzi

KRHguzi Tuned and Synch'ed

I would use the wiring harness off the same bike that the engine came from and EVERYTHING that attaches to it .That would included switchgear, injectors, ECUs, voltage regulator and instrument panel. That would require the least amount of adaptations and modifications. Using the components from the same bike means every thing is compatible.
    For the fuel injection pump you can use a unit from 2002 or earlier Lemans which is externally mounted.

7. lesman

My problem is I'm using the Eldo dash. Using a Griso. Breva, Norge or Stelvio dash would in a word....unsightly.
    I have looked at a different angle to pursue. I think i can make it work with a CalVin wiring harness, throttle bodies, manifolds and 1200 sport coils(save as a CalVin), switchgear(if needed) and a 15m ecu. I have $175 in a 1200 Sport wiring harness, throttle bodies, injectors, and coils. I'm not so far down the rabbit hole to adjust. I was planning on an external pump. I was just stunned when when a guy on advrider joked about the dash being needed. I just never thought about it. I've been working on this build about 2 years. I've have had a 14 month pause while rebuilding my home after a flood. I acquired the motor in June or July . I've just been looking and scheming on how I would install the engine. I want to retain the alternator.
    Everyone, Thank you for the info.

8. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Good luck on your build & if you get an opportunity we all like pics.

9. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

The 1200 Sport TB's, manifolds, 15M or RC ECU, CalVin or earlier Cali wiring harness. These should go together w/any dash or switchgear. Injector plugs for wiring should be the same. You will have to use a twist grip w/2 cables like a CalVin and delete the stepper.
    It depends on your intended use of the bike, roadburner or touring. Might be cheaper to use what you have(modified) than get CalVin TB's.

10. lesman

Thanks,
    Les

11. lesman

Received the CalVin wiring harness. The 1200 injectors plug fits. Ign Coils for the Calvin & the 1200 are the same. I was stumped by the no wire for stepper motor. Since Ii's not need, less upset. I think I've located a 15m Computer. I have been told that there are "work arounds" not using the Calvin switches. Anyone know where Guzzi electrical connectors can be obtained if needed? Thanks everyone for incredible info.

Best Regards,
    Les

12. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

13. lesman

Thanks for info.