• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Will the real 2011 Stelvio please stand up!

GlenT

Just got it firing!
I'm suffering from model confusion. Everything that I have been reading online indicates that the 'new' 2011 Stelvio 1200 ABS has a long list of refinements, including the 32 liter tank, new fairing, new windshield, improved engine noise reduction, improved brake rotors, integrated turn signals, better fueling, new seat, cast wheels, new instrument display etc. etc.

Yet, up here north of the 49th, we are apparently getting a 2009 or 2010 model with ABS that is being called a 2011 by MG, but includes the 18 liter tank, old fairing etc. etc.

What's going on? Has anyone actually seen a 'new' 2011 with the large tank and cast wheels in the showroom?

Yep they got them in the UK £10600 on the road for the base model another grand for the NTX

Ian

Has anyone seen one in the Con US? We didn't get a 2010 model here in Canada, only 2009's. But from what I can tell the 2011 here is no different (except for the addition of ABS) than the 2009, judging from the 2011 brochures that MG-Canada are giving out. I've been told that the NTX won't be here until 2012. Maybe MG are just shedding old inventory here and calling them 2011's.

It is beginning to look like MG sent out press releases last fall announcing the 2011 models, but then changed their minds for NA distribution. For example motorcycle-usa.com :

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/632/8345/ ... GT-8V.aspx

...has a page titled 2011 Stelvio, but when you click the link, it talks about 2012 models. I guess MG decided to create a hybrid 2011 model for NA and use up the old body parts.

Maybe we can expect some substantial discounts on these...

I have one in my garage:) It's my first Guzzi, I realy love the engine!

GlenT said:
I'm suffering from model confusion. Everything that I have been reading online indicates that the 'new' 2011 Stelvio 1200 ABS has a long list of refinements, including the 32 liter tank, new fairing, new windshield, improved engine noise reduction, improved brake rotors, integrated turn signals, better fueling, new seat, cast wheels, new instrument display etc. etc.

Yet, up here north of the 49th, we are apparently getting a 2009 or 2010 model with ABS that is being called a 2011 by MG, but includes the 18 liter tank, old fairing etc. etc.

What's going on? Has anyone actually seen a 'new' 2011 with the large tank and cast wheels in the showroom?

I got mine 2011 on 24th of may :)
It my first MG and I love it. Had a only 1 hour test drive on a Stelvio 2010 last summer, it seems to me at lest the engine is more silent then previous models.

Are you guys located in North America or in Europe? I see from your avatar pic that you have a gold coloured model. That's not even a colour choice in Canada - white and black only here.

GlenT said:
Are you guys located in North America or in Europe? I see from your avatar pic that you have a gold coloured model. That's not even a colour choice in Canada - white and black only here.

I'm located in Norway. The gold/orange is a color option for 2011. I guess what you have in Canada is 2010.

I guess what you have in Canada is 2010.
That's what I'm thinking too. We didn't get the 2010 model last year. Now they appear to be calling it a 2011 model in Canada.

I spoke to Moto Strada in Bradford, they have new demonstrator in and a few on order, they quote £11800 OTR for the NTX............tempting depending on what they give me p/x and I i get my money back from MG for the oil leak repair.

I may just be mucking up the waters but here is how I understand it. The new big tank Stelvio will be available in the US this year, but it will be a 2012 model. I would hope it is the same for Canada. I think I was told to expect them mid sumer- or perhaps fall, but my memory may be failing a bit on that one.

Corn Oil Kid said:
I may just be mucking up the waters but here is how I understand it. The new big tank Stelvio will be available in the US this year, but it will be a 2012 model. I would hope it is the same for Canada. I think I was told to expect them mid sumer- or perhaps fall, but my memory may be failing a bit on that one.

We'll see the "BTS" (Big Tank Stelvio) as a '12 ready for delivery in October. The '11 (same as a '10) is still being sold. I understand there is good stock of this bike here in the US so expect pretty deep discounts on it this fall.

Corn Oil Kid said:
Moto-Guzzi Canada has told me this:

"The NTX should be available in Canada next year! No exact ETA at the moment..."

A dealer also said, maybe this fall or next year for the NTX. But I am failing to understand why the distinction between the standard model and the NTX as small tank vs. big tank. AFAIK, they both get the big tank and all the other bodywork and other changes in Europe for 2011.

Frankly, given the number of reported improvements, I think it is more than a little misleading (and disappointing) for MG to market the 2010 as a 2011 in Canada (if that is, in fact, what is happening). I'd be expecting significant discounts now on these older models. The MSRP is $19K for the standard bike here.

This just in from my local dealer:

2010 was the change-up year for the North American (USA & Canada) Stelvio. New cams, mapping, quieting. The NTX will have the body work change, fuel tank, accessory additions and such. However, as I indicated, the final version for North America is not set as yet. I think most of the confusion comes from the European market where they have different models that will not homologate to NA.

He appears to be saying that the standard model with NOT get the larger tank and new bodywork in North America. I guess that their intent is to sell the Stelvio like the GS and GSA are sold here.

GlenT said:

I'm located in Norway. The gold/orange is a color option for 2011 standard version.

My local dealer has confirmed that Canadians will not get the 2011 model that is being sold in Europe - at least not this year and possibly not next year, when the NTX is supposed to arrive. What we are getting is apparently a 2010 model being sold as a 2011 model.

Personally, I am very disappointed. He states that our 2011 model has all the engine upgrades but I have no way of knowing for sure what's in and what didn't make the cut in terms of the improvements. Apparently, the Canadian market is so small, that it is not worth it for MG to submit the new European model for homologation process in NA.

It is unfortunate that MG has decided to do this. And head office has not responded to my latest e-mail requesting clarification. I think my attention will shift back to the GS and Super T.

OMAAS said:
GlenT said:

I'm located in Norway. The gold/orange is a color option for 2011 standard version.
Then we have two in Norway - not bad :)

I think a few things make the difference:
1 Moto guzzi hasn't the production capacity to pump out enough bikes to get all dealers a few bikes wordwide in a few month.
2 you on your side of the ocean haven't bought all stock in the warehouse so you will be punished for that.
3 Since there are local tests/chekcs needed to get them on the road, that will take some month extra.

Most new Stelvios made now, are going to Italy, not even the rest of europe gets enough. They can't make more. Else they have nothing to do in winter.

2 you on your side of the ocean haven't bought all stock in the warehouse so you will be punished for that.
The 2010 model never made it to Canada either. The 2011 Canadian model appears to be exactly the same as the 2010 model (same color choices). Perhaps our 2011's are American 2010's that didn't get bought. Who knows.

Another interesting quote from the dealer, in answer to the question "What you are saying is that the base model will not have the larger fuel tank in North America?" :

"That's correct. Most of our Stelvio riders are getting around 330 km and 370 km between fills and would not like the extra weight. To date, I have only had one customer that would prefer the larger tank."

So, the Canadian Stelvio apparently gets great fuel mileage and no one here wants the larger tank.

I think that the thing that bothers me most, is that due to the fact that the 2010s were not brought into Canada, they can take the same bike and call it a 2011 here. Given that there are newer, redesigned 2011's elsewhere in the world that are getting good press, this seems to be more than a little dishonest.

And they had announced them in Canada last fall:
http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/9511/

Back