• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Will used Guzzi prices return to pre-pandemic levels, or has the bar been raised?

adri

Bratty 2013 V7 (Crackhead Theft-Recovery Edition)
It seemed like, in Toronto, a used V7 would go for a little over $4000+ in 2019.

Since the pandemic everyone seems to be holding out for $5000-5500+. Even now while prices of most used motorcycles are tanking.

I'm seeing the same thing with Bonnevilles, which I've owned a few, of the same age. In the past I've sold Bonnevilles for less than what I could buy that exact same bike for right now... despite the same bike being older and having more miles on it.

Are retro-looking bikes impervious to the market cooling off, or are the owners around here just out of touch with what's going on in the broader used motorcycle market around them?

Retro bikes ( think Triumph) appear to hold really high resale value out here and private sales are kinda scarce .
And if you were ever interested in the Royal Enfields (650) they've gone up significantly in price out here in the
last 3 years . And lets not forget the elephant in the room , LOAN RATES ! Peter

All motorcycle prices as well as parts prices, have increased lately. Asia is still in a shit storm pandemic mess and production is greatly reduced and most likely will stay like that for quite some time.

Also…We are undergoing inflation in the USA. I’m sure Canada is getting affected as well.

My motorcycle shopping style is, I add anything of interest to my favorites list, every day, and then every day I add more and prune the list as I get pickier and pickier and keep an eye on all of the things.

What I'm seeing, is a ton of notifications of price drops, left, right, and center. It's been happening since early August, when typically we wouldn't see the average seasonal price drops before winter here until end of August, mid September.

I think people aren't spending money on toys like they used to. I'm seeing a bunch of price drops in basically all areas, with exception of the retro styled stuff. It's interesting.

I don't know how much of this is due to price inelasticity, versus, a lot of the riders in the retro bike space only came into riding during the pandemic when everyone decided to start buying bikes all of a sudden. They have no idea what normal pricing is. They only know pandemic/inflation pricing. They bought way over average and to them, it's all they know, so what's crazy to us is the only thing they've ever had as reference.

Food for thought...

I'm curious to see how it plays out.

I always check on Guzzi 1400's for sale near me and noticed they are asking slightly higher then what I'm use to seeing but we know how that ends ( got both my 1400's for more then a $1k under asking ). Now yesterday on FB I came across a 2016 Eldorado for $6,000.00 with only 15k on the speedo!, that just lowered the bar!!

I watch market place and cycle trader, cause im on the look out for a deal. But it seems like MG's are slow sellers.
Thanks. Wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly. I agree btw.

William H. I see those 1400's pop up down here in SW Florida, sometimes at real good prices. The Flying fortress looks interesting ecpcially when you pull up to a road side bar and everyone has black street Glide... Seems like Harley people respect the Moto Guzzi.

Dave
I believe the 1400's draw out the real Harley rider's., the true HD bikers that bought a Harley because they worked up to it instead of the posey's that bought them for name only ( along with the matching riding outfits ). The real HD guys have no problem coming over and inquiring about my MG or reminisce about owning one. I went to a local Bike night this past Thursday, needless to say my Cali kinda stood out

I think thats just how the used market is in Toronto in general (and everything else in Toronto for that matter). I’ve also noticed more V7s on the road than I did pre pandemic too so maybe there’s a bit more interest in Moto Guzzi now too. You saying a V7 in 2019 would go for around 4k+ makes me glad I sold my 2015 Special with 11000km only last month for 6k. Even when I was figuring out where to price it 6k was on the low end too.

I'd say good job timing the market there.

Summer of 2021 I sold my V-Rod that I had and loved for 5 years not because I was tired of it, but because prices got so stupid in Toronto during the pandemic I would have been crazy not to.

Bought it in 2016 for $7000. Spent about $1000 in upgrades and maintenance on it.
Put 25,000 km on it. Sold it in 20121 for $10,500.

And now, V-Rod prices are tanking and you could a newer lower mileage one than my old one for less than what I sold mine for.

What a time to be alive...

I hear you on that. It was a win on the sale but with the cost of Toronto these days almost everything else feels like you’re losing haha

Back