• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

windscreen for breva 1100

torino54

Just got it firing!
I have the factory issue windscreen for my breva 1100, I am not that happy with it, lots of wind noise. I have read of other types folks have used, any ideas?

torino54 wrote:
I have the factory issue windscreen for my breva 1100, I am not that happy with it, lots of wind noise. I have read of other types folks have used, any ideas?

Hi Torino,

your options are:
Eagle Screens Australia ( I have one, 500mm height. You can order the height, up to 600mm)
Daes Mototec (nice, but expensive)
Isota
No windscreen at all (for me, the best solution. I only put the windscreen in winter, to protect me from cold)

I have an Eagle Screen - largest size they make (600mm). Prior to getting it I tried every noise reduction gadget known to the motorcycle "I'm going to take your money" brigade - surprise surprise none of them worked with the original screen.

Even tried this bloody thing from a mob called SAENG - what a waste of money!

The Eagle screen is a VAST improvement, I have a Shoei XR1000 helmet and am about 6 foot tall, the top edge of the screen is about level with my chin to nose depending on how I'm sitting on the bike - my line of vision is just over the top of the screen which is lightly smoked colour. I simply could not ride the bike with the OEM screen for more than about 15 minutes, it was like having my head in a paint shaker, In fact I rode past one of those electronic signs on a freeway once and my eyeballs were shaking so much that I couldn't read the words (that's my excuse anyway). I do still get some buffetting but I have an Air Balance Kit from Rifle that I am going to install to get rid of the last bit of annoyance and then all will be right with the world!

Go here to see the balance kit LINK HERE

What I think you should also remember is that helmet noise is a very subjective thing, there have been numerous posts from obviously high mileage, experienced riders who profess to be quite happy with what I would consider to be no more than a bikini (screen that is) - but I'm one of those idiots who think that riding a bike should be Silent with a capital S so keep that in mind when digesting my comments.

Eagle Screens are a very reputable company, been around for ages, nice blokes and won't rip you off

It looks like this

I am about 180cm or 6 foot tall and get good protection although some wind noise in my helmet which I think is a combination of a lot of factors which have been done to death in nearly every bike forum on the planet.

After riding with this setup now for about a year an a half, I have decided that actually it just doesn't suit the bike's looks, so I am redesigning my wind protection system into a two level thing lower for summer and higher for winter, but that's another story.

I have been using the MDI windscreen and for me, it works great. I am about six one and a little long on the top half of my bod. At the lowered position I can see just fine over the screen. When raised, it may be a little too tall for most, but on a long ride it's nice to to have something to hide behind.

Like Mike, on longer rides at highway speeds of (of course) no faster than the legal limit ;) I feel a little beat up. When jamming around the local mountains sometimes I wish that I had changed back to the original windshield. The next time I go, I will try doing that as I don't find changing windshields to be any trouble.

I don't recall the price, but I ordered it from Moto International http://www.motointernational.com/ .

Here is a link to to MDI http://www.mdi-online.nl/nl/ Hope your Dutch is goot.

My only complaint is a slight drop in gas mileage.

I've tried the MG windshield and the MPH one to no avail. I've given up on having reasonably quiet and buffet free w/s on a Breva 1100. If only national cycles made a windshield and mounts for our brevas. I've ridden behind a few wonderful windshields on other bikes. I'm 5'7" with a 30 " inseam. I wear a Scorpion full face helmet. If it were warm in WA State i would ride with no windshield at all. YMMV.

maybe I will give it a go without w/s as here in Northern Cal. it is warm from April through Oct. I do like quiet rides without all the noise, I have an Arai full face helmet.

I've heard some folk were happy with the larger shield from MPH Cycles in Houston, maybe it depends on your height, maybe some happy user will pipe in. It's designed to use the same hardware as the smaller stock screen, idea being you could switch back & forth depending on the weather, which I do with a couple of National Cycle items on my T3. As for the SAENG edging mentioned by another, I found that it made a quite useful addition to the National Cycle Street Shield on my 1000S, same effect as if the shield were 1-2" taller/wider in my case.

Other than many sport bikes, the only fully faired bike I've put alot of miles on is an eldo, and I removed the fairing... My B11 with the guzzi fairing works good enough for me, but I'm not too picky... I also find great results with these... I also find fairly significant differences between helmets as far as noise and even buffeting goes... Right now I am using a cheap Zox helmet as it fits me better and seems quieter than my Shoei or Arai
Cheers,
foam_earplugs.jpg

Ya know, I don't know how much wind blast resistance you're looking for, but I was blown away by the effectiveness of the Screen on the Breva 1200 Sport. Dunno if it fits other Brevas or not, but it really moved the air around nicely, diverting the wind to just above my helmet -- I rode with different helmets of the bike and found the Icon Alliance to be the quietest -- my Shoei RF1000 just about blew my ears out. I have an AGV XVent that was pretty quiet on it as well -- I too prefer foam earplugs or AudioTechnica noise-cancelling in-ear phones hooked up to my iPod.

The reviews of the Breva 1200 are here along with pix of the fairing and possibly the best single headlight in "motorcycledom".
Breva 1200 Sport Review Digest

Read the last couple reviews, "1000 plus miles, back to the factory," and best of all, "Why should I buy a Guzzi?" The guy really gets it.

Heard the same thing re Breva standard issue screen. Just fitted the screen for the 1200 sport to the 850 and it looks good, bolts on easily & works! Definitely the way to go.

Mike C,

If it's not too much trouble, I'd really like to get a close up of the headlight mounts for that windscreen. I have to fabricate some mounts for a windscreen that I'm adapting to the Breva so I'm looking at as many different designs as I can trying to find the simplest solution. Alternatively, I may be able to buy some mounts and modify them.

Chris

Sorry Chris I just remembered that I took the photo and forgot to post it...:dry:

ere ya go, the Breva Screen mounts in all their design glory!

Remember!
You've got yet another alternative!

BST%2018%20X_0.jpg

Worked just fine on my small - but now even smaller - Breva windshield. :)

Back