• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

windsheld for Griso

vivo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello All,

I am interested in a windsheld for the Griso. I've found three sizes although the Medium Guzzi sheld is the one I was thinking of using, not listed on MotoGuzzi UK or US and I don't believe Italy either. I've found the part number I believe, MG977694.

Is anyone here using this sheld? I was hoping for feedback with regard to any of the shelds being used and especially if you have experence with more than one sheld for the Griso.

Not a big selection, seems a shame.

I've had the bike for two weeks, love it....

Thanks guys... Vivo

Hello Vivo

I have that windshield. I got mine from Agostini in Italy.... I have to say it looks PERFECT on the bike, but does not block much wind or rain.

Congratulations on the new bike!

Hey Sam...

thanks, I'm fitting pontoons on the bike now... apparently it now rains every single day in New Jersey.

The sheild does look good, that's what I thought too. It's Italian, why am I not surprised it doesn't actually block the wind? I had what was called a Cockpit faring on my SpeedTriple and although it was small it did help.

Is the Mid size shelid any better than the bike without? I can ride at 80-85 without much problem but I was thinking a shelid might be nice on longer trips?

VIVO

I have what I think is the small MG screen fitted to my G11. Looks great but I suspect does sweet Fanny Adams in deflecting wind blast.

Hey Swaggs...

Thanks for the link to your bike photos, very helpful. I got a good look at the hardware attaching the shield. I usually ride without a shield but I think on longer trips the shield reduces fatigue... nice bike too! I see you also have the MG bags and rack. I've looked at luggage options for my bike... if I could do what I wanted it might be to fit the 1200 sport hard bags to the Griso. The mounts would need to be custom but the bags would be color matched to my bike which is red. All that would take some fitting and unfitting of the hardware to secure the bags, same situation for the semi soft bags that you are using... are you happy with the bags and is it reasonable to remove the mounts for everyday riding? I know the bags come off easily but the hardware remains and I think I would rather it not... I was also wondering about the shield...is it stupid to remove all of the hardware when not using the shield or is it a hassle???

I will most likely order the sheild...as long as it doesn't cause a lot of helmet buffeting...

How did you put it??? works a treat!

Thanks...again

Vivo

Hey Swaggs...

Thanks for the link to your bike photos, very helpful. I got a good look at the hardware attaching the shield. I usually ride without a shield but I think on longer trips the shield reduces fatigue... nice bike too! I see you also have the MG bags and rack. I've looked at luggage options for my bike... if I could do what I wanted it might be to fit the 1200 sport hard bags to the Griso. The mounts would need to be custom but the bags would be color matched to my bike which is red. All that would take some fitting and unfitting of the hardware to secure the bags, same situation for the semi soft bags that you are using... are you happy with the bags and is it reasonable to remove the mounts for everyday riding? I know the bags come off easily but the hardware remains and I think I would rather it not... I was also wondering about the shield...is it stupid to remove all of the hardware when not using the shield or is it a hassle???

I will most likely order the sheild...as long as it doesn't cause a lot of helmet buffeting...

How did you put it??? works a treat!

Thanks...again

Vivo

ps my bike at delivery...

The screen has a lot of adjustment and I wear a half face a lot of the time as well and don't notice
any buffeting.
The mounts on the screen are a bit of a pain to take on and off and I think the industrial look
of the mounts suit the bike anyway.
The bags clip on and off with internal locks for security and removing the brackets
takes 20 minutes .
They also have an expansion zip on them as well,I can fit a half face helmet in the tailbag when its
expanded.
Tech tip -put bolts back in the lower mount when not using them to keep the grunge out
otherwise you have to take the peg mounts off to clean the threads before installing them again.
Later swagzz

Hello ALL:

I guess I must be "larger" than most of you ..... The wind screen pictured does block "some" of the wind, but at the end of a 500 mile days i am fairly well beat up!

Hey Sam...

I expected that given the medium screen is not all that large or wide it would be a help but never be as effective as a touring bikes screen, say the Norge's.

I remember riding to the keys a few years back and at that time I wore a half helmet and goggles as I had a cruiser with no screen. My dad had a cruiser with a nice big screen. After getting hit in the head by bugs as big as golf balls at 85mph, one I actually thought was a golf ball, I started to think my Dad was a lot smarter given he finshed the ride and looked fresh and I staggered around feeling like it was an epic ride or something... the screen made a difference.

I'm about 5'9" and as I said, I normally ride without any screen, I guess I have gotten used to the wind blast but I think a 500 mile day or a few similar days warrant attaching some type of screen, I wonder if the large screen does a better job...I even thought the 1200 Sport faring might be made to fit the Griso but that would totally change the look of the Griso...

Given I had the SpeedTriple for nine years Ive come to feel disapointed in manufactures of bikes. It seems foolish to limit any bikes ability to carry luggage, even a guy with a naked bike finds he would enjoy the ability to fit hard luggage to his bike at some point especially if he wants to use the bike to tour a bit... Strapping loose bags over painted parts isn't an option I've found appealing and after nine years my Triumph looked showroom condition but I also never found a great luggage option so I didn't use it in the way I might have...

Had Triumph saw fit to offer the Sprint luggage for the Speedtriple it would allow the speed to appeal to a larger group of riders, I would think? Same with the Griso...MotoGuzzi could have offered hard luggage but at least there is that option in the aftermarket and the Guzzi Semi/hard bags seem a good option but I would think not as effective in rain... Most likely I'll fit them or the Ventura system.
I love the Griso for what it is, I like that it's simple, a motorcycle. It's the kind of bike that fits me, I know it's not a dedicated touring machine but that's a good thing for me.

I think Givi has screens for the Giso, anyone have one?

Vivo

ps...my bike at delivery

If you have a look on the Griso Picture Thread there's a Givi A770 fairing/screen, which looks good.
I've thought about a Givi screen, but I think the larger ones are mostly handle bar mounted, which for me, doesn't look good.
Puig make screens with universal fittings onto the headlight, someone on here had a clear one on a Griso, (I have one on my Hawk GT and it's taller than the small windshield which I have on my Griso and works well).
There's also a pic of HB hard panniers, they do all the mounting frames and rear rack for the Griso.
Pete

Just took a couple of shots of the Puig so you can see what you think. This in the UK is a relatively cheap alternative to the small griso screen about £25 against £103!

GrisoBars006.jpg

GrisoBars007.jpg

guzzler wrote:
If you have a look on the Griso Picture Thread there's a Givi A770 fairing/screen, which looks good.
I've thought about a Givi screen, but I think the larger ones are mostly handle bar mounted, which for me, doesn't look good.
Puig make screens with universal fittings onto the headlight, someone on here had a clear one on a Griso, (I have one on my Hawk GT and it's taller than the small windshield which I have on my Griso and works well).
There's also a pic of HB hard panniers, they do all the mounting frames and rear rack for the Griso.
Pete

>>Givi A770 fairing/screen, which looks good.
TVM! I think that's my bike with the A770.

>>handle bar mounted
Not this one. It is mounted to the headlight screws.

It works pretty well in keeping the wind blast off of your jacket.

But it does leave your helmet pretty much out in the breeze.

-Jack

Ok
No one
take offence at this but if I want to keep the wind and rain off I take the car.
Unless you fit a big touring screen (with the optional Californian bolted underneath it )you will get
wind and rain on a bike.
I have learnt that waterproof luggage isn't so you put the essential items inside ziplock bags or
any other bright idea we can come up with.
The ziplock/snaplock bags also help compress stuff and keep it organised ,also if it does get really bad
on the road theres is always the next pub or motel to stop at if you aren't in a hurry.
I put the MG screen and bags on the Griso beause I want to keep it PURE so to speak:p .
Everyone have a great weekend , I'm going for a run to Byron Bay after lunch just because
I can .B) and its Friday afternoon.
later swagzz

To each their own, but I'm with swagzz. I have a small Guzzi fly screen to keep the dash clean and a set of water-proof soft bags that throw over the passenger seat. I have toured/camped like this for two week trips and could have kept going but I ran out of time off.
If I wanted a touring boat I would have bought one.

:p
I've tried several ways of loading up the Gris... and then realized if I were successful, I'd NEVER talk the missus into letting me buy a Norge to keep it company:laugh: :laugh:

I've tried several ways of loading up the Gris... and then realized if I were successful, I'd NEVER talk the missus into letting me buy a Norge to keep it company

No doubt a dedicated touring bike has to be more comfortable...can you talk the misses into letting you buy me one of them too?
Actually, I'm good with the Griso but I did look lovingly at the Norge the dealer had, seemed like so much bike.

has anyone seen these mounts from SW Motech? What makes them different from other side case racks is that they totally remove from the bike in 30 seconds! Nooo they don't list them for the Griso but I was just eyeballing the Griso, looking at attachment points and I've looked at several Motech applications. They use a type of quick release cam to unlock the frames and they even have a locking keyed cam that makes the mounts totally secure when you leave the bike. They can accept almost any bag and have mounting for them all. I know you can tour with throw-over soft luggage, tail and tank bags, if that's your thing, it's cool... I'm looking for hard luggage but I want my Griso , naked quickly, I'm impatient...

I think that's what I want in a screen too, the ability to remove the hardware quickly, the shield need not be a giant sail, like I said I've had small cockpit type farings and they look cool and do block some wind.

Vivo

I'm all about keeping the G stripped - except when on a trip. Thats why I am going with soft luggage all around.

I had a Puig clear screen but a bud just gave me this tinted Givi. I dont know the model but it came off his Thurxton. I think theres lots of "universal" options out there.

Ed in NJ

I have the same windshield as in the pic fitted on my beast. Readily available in the UK and pretty effective too.
Ian

Back