• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Worthless V100 tire thread

Tebax

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
That’s a very long distance covered with the new V100.
15k miles?
That’s about 23k kilometers!

How many tires have you used? 🙂

That’s a very long distance covered with the new V100.
15k miles?
That’s about 23k kilometers!

How many tires have you used? 🙂

I am on my second set (the original Pirellis went for over 12,000 miles (19,000 km), and not to the wire--still c some thread !

I am on my second set (the original Pirellis went for over 12,000 miles (19,000 km), and not to the wire--still c some thread !
Wow!
Impressive 😉
I’m on about 6500km (about 4500 miles I believe), and the rear tire has got some distinctive wear.
I expect to change it before 6000 miles (10000km).
The front tire is hard to tell the wear, so probably the double distance than rear tire before change.
And I don’t push the bike especially much.

I wasn't too impressed with the feel from the OEM Pirelli Angel GTII tires, and they wore a little quicker than I expected for a sport touring tire. The front was down to cords in 3500 miles (while waiting for the GTM Pocket Socket tool), and the rear was past the wear bars.
20230821 101907

I wasn't too impressed with the feel from the OEM Pirelli Angel GTII tires, and they wore a little quicker than I expected for a sport touring tire. The front was down to cords in 3500 miles (while waiting for the GTM Pocket Socket tool), and the rear was past the wear bars.
View attachment 33295
Damn that is some serious wear! (I had a set of Dunlop Mutants get eaten up in ~2800 miles riding in your neck of the woods once).

What tires are you running now?

@Florida lime😂😂… I know you like to lean it over, there in NC! Is that with the new tires, or old ones. I’m curious what you think of the new ones, as I’ll be looking for new tires next season. Cheers!

Damn that is some serious wear! (I had a set of Dunlop Mutants get eaten up in ~2800 miles riding in your neck of the woods once).

What tires are you running now?
Metzeler Roadtec 01s in the HWM version. The front now has around 3,000 miles, and it's approaching the wear bars. The rear looks a little better than the front again. The HWM front is now on backorder everywhere, so I might try the Dunlop RoadSmarts next when it's time. They do last longer, but don't stick quite as well.

@Florida lime😂😂… I know you like to lean it over, there in NC! Is that with the new tires, or old ones. I’m curious what you think of the new ones, as I’ll be looking for new tires next season. Cheers!
That's with both the OEM Pirellis, and the Metzeler Roadtec 01s. Most of the damage occurred before I added 6 turns of preload to the front forks (V100S). I actually heated the guard up and ballpeen hammered it in some where it was originally contacting, but the latest scrape location shifted slightly. Mostly due to hitting compression bumps at full lean.
I do like the feel of the Metzelers over the Angel GT IIs, but wear looks to be similar.

Metzeler Roadtec 01s in the HWM version. The front now has around 3,000 miles, and it's approaching the wear bars. The rear looks a little better than the front again. The HWM front is now on backorder everywhere, so I might try the Dunlop RoadSmarts next when it's time. They do last longer, but don't stick quite as well.
Thanks! I’m considering either pilot roads or Dunlop mutants for the next tire change.

Thx for that @Florida lime … I am leaning toward either the Roadtecs or maybe Conti Road Attacks. Always had good luck with Michelins on my previous Norge, but feel like something different😉. Keep us updated😁!

My V100S has just over 7,000 miles since I picked it up in April, and it has been completely reliable. I've got its 3rd set of tires waiting to go on it pretty soon.

My Mandello is not my only bike, so the mileage does get spread around. :)
How many miles are you getting from a set of tires?

Roughly 3600 miles, with the front tire needing replacement sooner than the front. Yesterday's ride down an especially favorite twisty road finished the front off.
View attachment 34488
Well, you're enjoying your motorcycle! Are you sticking with the Pirelli tires or trying other brands?
And are you wearing out the front tire faster than the rear tire or was that a typo?

Well, you're enjoying your motorcycle! Are you sticking with the Pirelli tires or trying other brands?
And are you wearing out the front tire faster than the rear tire or was that a typo?
I corrected the typo, so yes, the front wears out before the rear. The tire pictured is a Metzeler Roadtec 01 HWM, and it replaced the Pirelli GT II that looked the same after similar miles.
Going to try Continental Road Attack 4 GTs next.

I corrected the typo, so yes, the front wears out before the rear. The tire pictured is a Metzeler Roadtec 01 HWM, and it replaced the Pirelli GT II that looked the same after similar miles.
Going to try Continental Road Attack 4 GTs next.
Please keep everyone informed because I’m pretty sure that your experiences with different brands of tires will be appreciated by all.

Replaced the Metzeler Roadtec 01 HWM tires at 7099 miles, so almost the same exact mileage as the OEM Pirelli Angel IIs at approximately 3500 miles.
Off with the front.
20240224 115105

Continental Road Attack 4 GT on.
20240224 142557

The Metzeler rear wasn't as worn as the front, but at some of the wear bars.
20240221 164722
Replaced it anyways to have a matched set.
20240224 184352
Off comes the right side bag, and the exhaust can has to come off as well. The passenger peg mount needs to move to get the can off, so just remove the most rearward bolt, loosen the front one, and swing it out of the way

We'll see how these hold up.

Last edited:
I took the V100S out for my regular short loop to scrub in the new Continental Road Attack 4 GTs.
I LOVE new tires ! The bike feels so much more predictable and stable at the limit. Fresh scrapes on those limiting factors. :)
20240226 183158
Only takes a few miles around here to get them broken in.
20240226 172810

I'm curious on your decision to go for the GT version of the Road Attack 4 vs the standard version. I've gone back and forth on this decision several times with my Motus...while I've settled on the GT versions (the Motus weighs more than the V100)), I'm not really sure it is needed since I never ride two up.

Back