• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Would it benefit Guzzi to make lighweights/middleweights?

GuzziHero

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I was thinking a few months back about getting a new 125cc. I ended up getting a Zontes, but if there had been a Moto Guzzi 125cc single, or maybe a 300-500cc middleweight, I would have jumped at one of those for sure.

I know that Guzzi used to make the V35/50/65 (I had a V50/II myself) but they had a poor reputation for reliability. But the handling! Astonishing, really.

So, I got to thinking, does anyone think would it be worth it to Guzzi to produce bikes for the 125cc, or the latest European 47bhp A2 licence regulations?

If there had been an option for a sub £2k 125, or a 47bhp of around 350-500cc in the region of £3.5-4, I know I would have bought one.

The current 750 is flat out breaking wind, let alone 47bhp.
Before anybody shoots me my 936cc only makes 76 ponies.

Japs are good at lie weights (in ref to your misspelt title);)

Only a few of the manufacturers over the years have addressed the smaller displacement/power regulations you refer to. MZ being one as I worked very briefly for their short-lived resurgence in the U.S. about a decade ago. As I understand it, Piaggio's directives already point all smaller-displacement machines to live under the Piaggio/Vespa/Aprilia logos, with Guzzi leading their *big* road bike brand. This was the direction as Aprilia took over early last decade pre-Piaggio.
The fact that the small block 750 still lives as the V7x, is somewhat astonishing to me; Which I should have some more updates on the new machine this week. I doubt Guzzi would ever be allotted funds to go after the small segment any time even in the foreseeable future, but I like your thought process.

The current 750 is flat out breaking wind, let alone 47bhp.
Before anybody shoots me my 936cc only makes 76 ponies.

Japs are good at lie weights (in ref to your misspelt title);)

Gah! Never noticed that! But as it turns out, I picked up a magazine yesterday that said the 2002 GSXR750 was 162kg, so I totally agree!

I was looking at getting a V7 but the prices were too high even used, and the power output has barely improved over my old V50/II. Maybe I should have gotten an Aprilia and put Guzzi badges on it!

When Bella is finished being modified (f*&ked with) and the 2 stroke is up & running, there is only one other bike project that interests me currently.
V50 Monza with a 750 small block warmed over using carbon fibre wheels from a Moto3 bike .........

Back