• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Yeah, This Would Do Just Fine

geodoc

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Not sure about yellow, but the rest of the package might be worth armed robbery.

Attachments

• guzzca10.jpg
    guzzca10.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 567
While it might appeal to us George it won't appeal to the great unwashed who want pointy, humpy bikes.

Also that is simply another itteration of the spineframe with the early six speed box and the 'old' Hi-Cam and like it or not, all that technology is dead.

People complain a lot about the bulk and weight of the CARC and the single sided alloy casting that makes up the swingarm. The fact is it is VERY light and while I haven't actually compared them on scales I would bet a bus load of beehives that the CARC assembley is no heavier than the Spiney one AND it uses a true rising rate rear end. People I respect disagree but I cannot for the life of me see going back to a cantilever rear-end as anything but a retrograde step.

If we do, (And I really want it to happen!) get a 'Nuovo 'Sports' bike it will come with the CARC and not some addaptation of the earlier floating bevelbox and cantilever rear end. Apart from the fact that it isn't financially viable to try to produce *Another* family of machines for such a small brand the simple truth is that the CARC system is very, very good and once the oriinal problem caued by bean-counters opting for a cheapshit bearing was addressed the whole system has proven virtually bulletproof.

At the end of the day the VAST majority of people are more interested in the styling than the engineering. Don't believe me? Then why are they even remotely concerned about a machine that by all contempory standards is grossly overweight and 'Underpowered'. For only a few $ more they can get an RSV-4 and for a lot less they can get a Yamaha R1, both, in every 'Quantifiable' way far better motorbikes.

Yes, something like that would sell. In VERY limited numbers to fanatics. It certainly wouldn't sell in the numbers needed to justify the retro-engineering involved in making it. Yes it sucks. But sometimes pragmatism has to take the place of fantasy.......

Pete

While I agree with what Pete said for the most part, the bike pictured sports a raising rate linkage suspension set up. I have no idea what frame it uses or if it even uses one. It looks more like a styling exercise with no actual basis ( It looks like some private individual shoved a Guzzi motor in a Ducati ).
But I do like it and wish that Guzzi would build a modern version of that bike using current production parts.
And while the CARC is a little over weight and not as good as a proper swing arm set up like the one in the picture I realize it is what they have and it would not make $$$ sense to design a whole new set up for one bike.

Isn't that just a MGS-01 with a retro cafe racer tank & seat and a QD Xbox exhaust under the gearbox?

I think it's unlikely Piaggio will shell out the beans for a new Guzzi sports bike when they've got the Aprilia RSV4 in their stable. I guess a bigger engined retro cafe racer is more likely for people who want more than a V7. Any more rumours of a Bellagio based "V9" or now they've apparently dropped the Bellagio is that now consigned to the history books? Or was that only ever a bit of wishful thinking in the first place?

Yeah, obviously an MGS-01 with a style package. I lament that MG didn't take the opportunity to capitalize on their Daytona success a few years ago and offer a limited edition street version. Then again, a ghezzi brian gets close-ish.

Pete, never have ridden a CARC-equipped bike so no opinion what so ever. I guess I should qualify that a bit in that I have a reflexive proclivity to the mechanical design adage: "it should be as simple as possible, but no simpler". I suppose though that I've just learned to ride around the quirks of the pre-CARC Guzzis. This likely puts me in there with old guys that scoffed at hydraulic as opposed to friction dampers though. I'm an antiquarian! I admit it!

caveat: my high-speed touring rig is a 2002 Triumph Sprint RS. Would have bought a Guzzi (duh!) but the budget dictated a low buck target and scored this one w/ low miles in tip-top shape for $3200 - half what a same year Lemans wold have set me back. Gotta admit the Sprint's a very sweet ride - all the mod-cons. But like they say, you don't have just one pair of shoes, right? I've got the Green Unit for boy racer days, and a Loop project in the works for daisy-picking.

GD

MP's Alba is a nice start... and after all Ghezzi (who is employed there) is the MGS-01's originator. B)

Don't wish and hope too much for one here in the States though.

Attachments

• MPAlba.jpeg
    MPAlba.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 495
Back