• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2016 V7 Stone II

yvrider

Just got it firing!
Hey Everyone,

First post and new to the forum. So I bought a 2016 V7 Stone II a month ago second hand from a dealer with only 1000km on it, so still fairly new. At first I had issues with the clutch/shifter particularly having a difficult time going to N from 1st, it would skip N and go straight to 2nd, eventually this fixed itself.

My problem now is a couple of days ago, I had a rear tire change due to punctured tire via nail. Everything was good took it to the dealer got it back. When I rode it after getting the bike, I noticed that (pardon my lack of descriptive knowledge of bikes) but it felt like a different bike. It honestly felt like the power/the grit of the bike deminished. Upon startup it would stutter and rumble like it will stall, and sometimes it would, I'd have to give it a good rev. Before I would switch gears around 4000-5000 and now I find I'm doing it at 6000.

Sorry if my descriptions are not making sense as I've only been riding for about a year. But if I really have to explain my issue by gut/overall feel. It feels like the bike has lost its grit and power and has more of a stutter, rumble sound similar to a helicopter. I've read the forums and found very similar issues like stutter, startup stalling, the closest post I can relate to is this

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-ii-fuel-idle-issue.17046/

Has anyone heard of this issue or has experienced it? Is there an actual solution cause I'm worried because after reading posts regardless the problem it seems like dealers always say, "seems fine to us" "don't see any problems".

Any feedback helps, I love his bike and I want to fix this issue but lately for me I'm starting to have a love and hate relationship with Moto Guzzi.

Thanks guys sorry for the long post.

1. hard to get into 1st from N, although it is quite "common" as most of us has to deal with that until maybe 4000 miles or so, I would check with your clutch free play.

Do NOT stomp on it until it gets in gear...ease off the lever and feather into 1st gear...the shifting will get better, I promise.

2. as for sputter, if the engine is cold, it will does that a bit...HOWEVER, check with your dealer to see if they have updated your ECU map.

If it came back from the dealer, I would ask what they have done to it.

By the way, I see you are in Vancouver BC. So I am assuming you brought the bike to International Motorsports?

I am in Surrey BC

1. hard to get into 1st from N, although it is quite "common" as most of us has to deal with that until maybe 4000 miles or so, I would check with your clutch free play.

Do NOT stomp on it until it gets in gear...ease off the lever and feather into 1st gear...the shifting will get better, I promise.

2. as for sputter, if the engine is cold, it will does that a bit...HOWEVER, check with your dealer to see if they have updated your ECU map.

If it came back from the dealer, I would ask what they have done to it.

By the way, I see you are in Vancouver BC. So I am assuming you brought the bike to International Motorsports?

I am in Surrey BC

Hey There,

Thanks for the reply! The shifting/clutch issue has improved. So i'm happy with that. My current issue is after the tire change, the bike feels like it's struggling/trying to catch up at lower revs, feels like it lost some power and torque. Have you ever experienced this? Yeah I got it at the Langley location, but I live in DT so I take it here. We should go to for a ride sometime, been meaning to find Guzzi riders around here and its tough.

At lower rev, my bike does seem to "studder" a bit but more so from the clutch...I have yet to find a happy spot with slowly rev up when coming off the 1st. But other than that, it behaves okay...except sometimes I got caught not reving up the RPM enough when shifting to higher gear and clutch catches...ya, my fault.

struggling and trying to catch up...I seriously do not know why changing the tires would do that...one thing I am suspecting is maybe the brake pads are catching?...Maybe some of more experience folks here can answer that for you...perhaps a video if possible?

but ya, I seriously would ask what they have done beside the tire change...it should not affect your performance if just a tire change.

and ya, Guzzi is like a rare breed...everytime I see one on the road I get so excited LOL...I know only maybe 3 other people personally who rides guzzi here and less than a handful on the road.

hit me up :)

At lower rev, my bike does seem to "studder" a bit but more so from the clutch...I have yet to find a happy spot with slowly rev up when coming off the 1st. But other than that, it behaves okay...except sometimes I got caught not reving up the RPM enough when shifting to higher gear and clutch catches...ya, my fault.

struggling and trying to catch up...I seriously do not know why changing the tires would do that...one thing I am suspecting is maybe the brake pads are catching?...Maybe some of more experience folks here can answer that for you...perhaps a video if possible?

but ya, I seriously would ask what they have done beside the tire change...it should not affect your performance if just a tire change.

and ya, Guzzi is like a rare breed...everytime I see one on the road I get so excited LOL...I know only maybe 3 other people personally who rides guzzi here and less than a handful on the road.

hit me up :)

I'm not saying the tire change caused this, I don't know much about bikes but I know those wouldn't be related. Brake pads perhaps? Who knows. I'm taking it in this week to get looked at. I'll keep you posted.

Also, if you feel like a trip, try Chilliwack Motorcycle or MotoInternational in Seattle.

Both of them are better @ Guzzi stuff than International, international is good but I find they are more tailor toward Triumphs.

Good luck!

So how did the visit go?

Got it back, they took it to the Langley location and they said they did a full service, fixed something with the valve and updated a new map. Seems to be back to normal, the stutter and signs of stalling still happens on cold start but I just warm it up for a few minutes and it's fine. That's something that I can live with.

Got it back, they took it to the Langley location and they said they did a full service, fixed something with the valve and updated a new map. Seems to be back to normal, the stutter and signs of stalling still happens on cold start but I just warm it up for a few minutes and it's fine. That's something that I can live with.

That is good to hear. as for cold start, ya, my does the same thing...but hey, when in doubt, more throttle...hah...

and yes, Vancouver I like the sales there, but service if you stick to International Motorsports, Langley does have better tech.

Back