• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2021-on V7-850 E5 Performance thread

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
All, this thread will house performance info on the 2021+ V7-850.

The first dyno run comparo to share is OEM bone stock (orange/light blue) vs. Agostini shorts with our SAS Kit & UpMap (red/dark blue) -- I'll repost the graph below with RPM instead of wheel speed next week. 64 rwhp is VERY respectable for a small block with the small (scooter) throttle body/ECU. The V85TT has a big throttle body, air box and "smart" ECU offering ~80 rwhp on our (same AXIS) dyno with our full kit mods - and no, the V7-850 E5 will NEVER see that kind of power based on the words above.
Keep in mind that 100% throttle power pulls relate very little to real world riding. The higher torque curve (mid pull bumps in the curves are due to tire growth) with the Ago’s and mapped is drastically more powerful/noticeable and will lift the front wheel on full throttle in first gear.
Additionally cold start woes are gone. Fire and go. When I have time to do some partial throttle runs, I will post again. Next up is our GTM full system with GP Megs.

86149541 AA06 41E2 B938 48576DB769C4

I see the "UpMap" ECU remapping device is listed on the store page for the V7 850. Is this the route you will go for your dyno developed maps? Or this is an alternative / optional route?

I see the "UpMap" ECU remapping device is listed on the store page for the V7 850. Is this the route you will go for your dyno developed maps? Or this is an alternative / optional route?
Little excited for a good flash for the Guzzi..! Where’s the thread for all the info?
I hope to have them in my hand early next week finally. It's been a painfully slow process, much like every other step in dealing with a large commercial company, who makes far more money with other brands.
I have Joshua's 7-850 in the shop and ready for the device arrival to begin testing/mapping. I am in talks with them to offer my maps on their app portal.
I will of course be posting my results, and an official link for purchase here, though I do have them online for purchase now for early interest; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-v7-850-v85tt-e5-upmap-device
More as I have it.

I hope to have them in my hand early next week finally. It's been a painfully slow process, much like every other step in dealing with a large commercial company, who makes far more money with other brands.
I have Joshua's 7-850 in the shop and ready for the device arrival to begin testing/mapping. I am in talks with them to offer my maps on their app portal.
I will of course be posting my results, and an official link for purchase here, though I do have them online for purchase now for early interest; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-v7-850-v85tt-e5-upmap-device
More as I have it.
OK, sounds good.

A friend of mine in Italy that's doing custom stuff for Ducatis and has his maps on the UpMap website for purchase.

I wish you could buy one UpMap device and then just pay for the maps as needed on whatever bike. But they want a purchase of a device per bike, then the map goes with it.

What's not clear on their website is how you handle map adjustments if they don't work so great for your particular bike. So far all their maps are Termi pipe oriented, at least for the Ducatis.

I have ordered one and curious how you go about choosing the right map once you get the device. By that time will you have it loaded to their app where you can choose it? I went ahead and downloaded the upmap app and see maps currently for numerous V85 models, but nothing V7. And will the map be specifically for the Agostini slip ons? I'm getting them in two days.

I added a new graph above from this week. Stock vs. Agostini shorts without db-killers, SAS and UpMap'ed.

I recently had the UpMap installed on my 2021 V7-850. What a difference. Runs strong throughout the rev range. No hick ups or hesitation. It's the way it should be.

Will there be a map for the Agos with DB killers installed? That's the closest to my Mistrals with DB killers in and I don't want to remove them.

FWIW: Mistral and Agostini, virtually the same flow except “DB Killers In” is not even close to “DB Killers Out”. Very different flow characteristics.

All, this thread will house performance info on the 2021+ V7-850.

The first dyno run comparo to share is OEM bone stock (orange/light blue) vs. Agostini shorts with our SAS Kit & UpMap (red/dark blue) -- I'll repost the graph below with RPM instead of wheel speed next week. 64 rwhp is VERY respectable for a small block with the small (scooter) throttle body/ECU. The V85TT has a big throttle body, air box and "smart" ECU offering ~80 rwhp on our (same AXIS) dyno with our full kit mods - and no, the V7-850 E5 will NEVER see that kind of power based on the words above.
Keep in mind that 100% throttle power pulls relate very little to real world riding. The higher torque curve (mid pull bumps in the curves are due to tire growth) with the Ago’s and mapped is drastically more powerful/noticeable and will lift the front wheel on full throttle in first gear.
Additionally cold start woes are gone. Fire and go. When I have time to do some partial throttle runs, I will post again. Next up is our GTM full system with GP Megs.

View attachment 25208
I have a 2021 V7 850 E5. Looking at the graph, it appears that most of my running would require less than 65 to 70% of max hp. Based on that, the E5 scheme (as I understand it) would be nearly perfect: base fuel map utilizing tps and rpm; stepper motor for constant idling rpm; fuel trimming for both barometric pressure and ambient temperature; and when cruising (steady throttle for several seconds) a feedback system using lambda probes for good gas mileage.

But….. the system is designed around 14.7:1 AFR!

As best ‘ride-ability’ is around 13.6:1, it is too lean. 14.7 divided by 13.6 = 1.08, or 8% lean. Looking at typical fuel injector data, the flow varies as the square root of the pressure. 1.08 squared is 1.166, or 16 to 17% too low pressure.

My bike is stock except the fuel tank is vented to atmosphere.

My cure: I modified the original 4.0 bar FPR in the tank up to 4.8 bar.

Seat of the pants analysis: Idles better, runs cooler, pipes turning back to original color, accelerates better, gets about the same mileage.

I need someone with a dyno to find the actual fuel pressure that should be used, and to then make available a FPR to achieve that pressure.

Thanks,
Fred Merlino

I brought it down to the GTM Orange Ca. shop. Todd did the set up. I have the Agostini's with db killers removed, and block off plates. Great sound, not too loud, and runs great.
Are you still running the stock spark plugs, or did they have to be changed?

Just curious,
FMerlino

I recently had the UpMap installed on my 2021 V7-850. What a difference. Runs strong throughout the rev range. No hick ups or hesitation. It's the way it should be.
Zamp,
I also have a 2021 V7-850 E5 US version. Is your bike the US version? On the UpMap website I only see three options for this bike, and they are all from Guareschi Moto. These are labeled US OEM, US SO and US SR. Did you download one of these? I would be interested in hearing your experience.

Thanks,
FMerlino

FMerlino

I couldn't tell you what was downloaded. I dropped the bike off at GTM.

R
Are you getting any check engine lights? What gas mileage are you getting? I ride mine solo, and am old and slow and generally avoid interstate highways, and get 48 to 50 mpg on 93 octane. I was hoping that someone in my area (Huntington WV) would have performed the update using UpMap so that I could meet up and compare. Unless it really makes a huge difference, I would rather keep the stock map. Not looking for power, just rideability.

FMerlino

Back