• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2021-on V7-850 E5 Performance thread

Are you getting any check engine lights? What gas mileage are you getting? I ride mine solo, and am old and slow and generally avoid interstate highways, and get 48 to 50 mpg on 93 octane. I was hoping that someone in my area (Huntington WV) would have performed the update using UpMap so that I could meet up and compare. Unless it really makes a huge difference, I would rather keep the stock map. Not looking for power, just rideability.
As noted above, this thread title 2021-on V7-850 E5 Performance thread, is devoted to those who want their bikes to run much better than stock (with insanely lean E5 emissions). If you ride slow and focus on gas mileage, this is not a thread for you. Stick with stock.
Allowing the motor to run as Guzzi would love to (but can't), gives substantial benefits to the health and longevity of the engine. You can read the reviews on the STORE link above for ECU flashes. ;)

As noted above, this thread title 2021-on V7-850 E5 Performance thread, is devoted to those who want their bikes to run much better than stock (with insanely lean E5 emissions). If you ride slow and focus on gas mileage, this is not a thread for you. Stick with stock.
Allowing the motor to run as Guzzi would love to (but can't), gives substantial benefits to the health and longevity of the engine. You can read the reviews on the STORE link above for ECU flashes. ;)
Based on that, and that the bike has stock pipes, tank vented to atmosphere and the GTM SAS installed, I ordered the UpMap device from GTM. I might be old and slow, but I still need it to run correctly.

Thanks,
FMerlino

For now, I have tested the "US maps" they offer in house on my AFR dyno, and everything was quite good.

I'm taking delivery of a new '22 Stone this Saturday, and will be keeping it stock for the time being. After reading this thread it looks like the only updated map available is the V7 850M 21 US OEM purchased from the UPMAP store, correct?

Also, does anyone know whether Moto Guzzi updated the OEM map for the '22 models and addressed the issues experienced with the '21 models?

After reading this thread it looks like the only updated map available is the V7 850M 21 US OEM purchased from the UPMAP store, correct?

Also, does anyone know whether Moto Guzzi updated the OEM map for the '22 models that addressed the issues experienced with the '21 models?
Correct, which is still a good map to run. One map is free.
I personally have no experience with factory maps. Know that they are still are emission constrained, so it would be a band-aid. Many here try to debate with me on it, which I won't engage or further discuss any more.

I finally ordered the Upmap for my V7 Centenario. I know I’m going to buy slip-ons and modify the air filter but spending $500 and smoothing the stock fueling while I’m saving my pennies for the other parts is a low tech installment plan! I’m looking forward to getting the surging addressed.

Today Todd did a few pulls on the Dyno with my 2022 V7 850 Special.
Original exhaust, original Airbox .
Modifications done before are SAS delete, canister delete and gas tank vented to the atmosphere. Also installed V85 Valve covers because I just like them better...
Anything else on the engine was stock!
Established baseline.....
Who wants to guess...

5F49520B E24C 4B74 B2F8 0A1B42344772

Valve covers on the V7 look nice! Do they fit in place of the v7 ones with no modifications needed?

Your bike is looking great! Can’t wait to see the end product and performance upgrades.

Agreed. I have the Centenario and love the colour but find myself wishing there were more chrome finishes on the lower half and had dual clocks. Personal preference I guess.

Also keeping an eye out on how the performance mods go for you. I have Agostini pipes, SAS block offs, DNA filter and the ECU remap so I’m definitely interested in seeing what more Todd can squeeze out of our V7’s!

Todd and this team are amazing!
Nothing escapes them! Attention to detail!
I’m so glad they’re only one hour away from me!

Agreed. I have the Centenario and love the colour but find myself wishing there were more chrome finishes on the lower half and had dual clocks. Personal preference I guess.

Also keeping an eye out on how the performance mods go for you. I have Agostini pipes, SAS block offs, DNA filter and the ECU remap so I’m definitely interested in seeing what more Todd can squeeze out of our V7’s!
What was your baseline?

De-black the exhaust headers, add the special Chrome heat shield and Todd's instrument centering bracket and it looks greater.

Last edited:
What was your baseline?
hard to say since I haven’t been able to test it out and get some numbers. The most I can say about it is based on feel and it’s pretty much in line with what everyone whose done similar has said. Smoother ride that pulls hard throughout the rev range.

Denmark the exhaust headers, as the special Chrome heat shield and Todd's instrument centering bracket and it looks greater.
Oh yeah, I’ve seen your posts over in the mods thread (always cool seeing the different ways people make the bike their own) and the headers do give it a different look for sure. I just centered and lowered my instrument cluster recently as well and it definitely does look better too.

I snapped a similar pic once we popped the mufflers and side covers on. Baseline (stock bike) pull gave ~51.8 hp on a 1300 mile motor. Didn't get to dyno the slip-ons yet. I’ll be posting as we go. @lemans850i is crazy in the best of ways. Appreciate the opportunity to do the R&D on this fun journey.

As a point to document here, the E5 models have two cats per cylinder, one in the headers and one in the muffler, so four (4!) total.

F15EC47A 64BC 45F7 95EB B690331A9DA6

Back