• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 dashboard failure?

lmlm86

Just got it firing!
Hi GT people!
After making a deep detailing of my Breva 11 I faced some problems with my bike.

1. Right turn lights flashes 3 times faster then left ones
2. Dashboard indicates “!” And right arrow with bulb logo, but bulbs are works
3. After I turn off and turn on the ignition, everything is ok until I turn on right turn indicators.

I trued interchange my existing bulbs, but I’m fails with it.

Any thoughts to fix?
Anyone face this problem too?

Attachments

• IMG_9771.jpeg
    IMG_9771.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
What? 🧐

You have a lamp error. I doubt anything is wrong with your dash.

Are you using the stock type bulbs or did you try and insert LED lights?
I take lamps from left side and put it to right side turn flashers. After that problem is not gone.

I use stock lamps.

So, on other forums some people faces this problems and it causes dashboard failure :(

Here is the same problem with no final report.

I had a similar failure on my 1200 Sport. I can't remember all the steps I went through but I know I went through 3 separate dashboards until I finally sent mine to Carmo in the Netherlands for repair. There was water damage in the circuits, they repaired the circuits and then applied multiple waterproof coatings.

One of my failures was the LCD screen (first failure) and then I think I had two that involved the fast blinking on one side, one of the replacements was purchased brand new and lasted a more than a year and the second one was purchased used and lasted a couple of weeks at best. The fix from Carmo lasted the remainder of the time I had the bike, which was a number of years.

Do a search on here and you'll find the Breva dash had issues with water ingress and damage to the circuit board. Someone did a great write up on how to get it apart and fix the condensation issue.

To be sure that is dashboahd and not the external wiring harness, before ship it, try to reverse left and right connections of lamps indicators just in the wiring connector at the back of dash.

Thanks to everyone for advices!

I made some actions:
1. Dry my dashboard
2. Switch blinkers circuit vise versa

Nothing changes. I will bring my dash to repair shop for diagnose and fix.

Thanks to everyone for advices!

I made some actions:
1. Dry my dashboard
2. Switch blinkers circuit vise versa

Nothing changes. I will bring my dash to repair shop for diagnose and fix.

They only place I have ever seen who can do an expert proper circuit board repair on a Moto Guzzi component with a guarantee of their work, is Carmo in Holland.

Trust me. You want to send your dash there. They will first tell you if it is repairable and then give you a written quote.

Nothing I have ever had repaired by them, has failed again.

I highly recommend them.

They only place I have ever seen who can do an expert proper circuit board repair on a Moto Guzzi component with a guarantee of their work, is Carmo in Holland.

Trust me. You want to send your dash there. They will first tell you if it is repairable and then give you a written quote.

Nothing I have ever had repaired by them, has failed again.

I highly recommend them.

Thank you for advice, but I from Russia. No way to send my dash to Carmo - there is no international shipping to EU available now.

I have many Russian friends from college.

I feel very bad about the way things are going in Russia lately. It’s got to be difficult for the people.

It’s the same here. The people suffer from the politician’s silliness and stupidity.

Well hopefully you get some luck with a local repair. I wish you the very best!

I’m actually very happy this week as my ushanka hat for riding my Ural this winter, just came!

Last edited:
Some news.
Repair shop disassembly the dashboard. Everything is ok. No damage, elements are ok.

Attachments

• 2023-10-31 17.22.58.jpg
    2023-10-31 17.22.58.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 10
Please, may you take some picture zoomed on the two black integrated circuits at the left of connector?
I want to see the part number written on them.

Please, may you take some picture zoomed on the two black integrated circuits at the left of connector?
I want to see the part number written on them.
This is best I have.

Attachments

• IMG_9823.png
    IMG_9823.png
    312.2 KB · Views: 10
Ok, the biggest one it's an Infineon quad high side driver BTS711L1. Probably it's the driver of four turn lamps.
The fast blinking that you see is for both lamps front and rear of same side or for only one?

Ok, the biggest one it's an Infineon quad high side driver BTS711L1. Probably it's the driver of four turn lamps.
The fast blinking that you see is for both lamps front and rear of same side or for only one?
Yes, front and rear both, Right side.

Ok, now it's a bit difficult for me give you other instructions with posts. This integrated circuit drives the 4 lamps indipendently so I'm not sure that it could be burnt because in case of fault, only one channel should be halted. This depends by how are done the traces between IC and connector and IC to micro. So if you know some friend experienced with soldering of electronic devices, you can try to replace the BTS711L1 that is quite cheap, about 5€-10€, also continue to check if there are some soldering cracked or oxidated.

Back