RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Be sure to check in on the GuzziTech Store, link/tab above. Thanks to your support, we will continue to bring to market our 100% Made-in-the-USA GT products here based on your input. Also note, we are subject to the delays of Italian made products this time of year, so thanks in advance for your patience on those orders... and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order Status, or questions best posted to the Forum or better yet, try a search. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something you’ve purchased from us. We do not have a phone number; We are online only. You will find us highly responsive via the Contact form with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future.
  2. Ciao Guest - Our Small Business discount... Now through December 15th, enjoy Free Priority Shipping (on most items) for any orders over $99 in our online Store linked above, use gtholidayfreeship99 code at checkout. We wish you the best for the Holiday Season.

Headlight Upgrade

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Nick Gann, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Just got it firing!

Living in the backcountry... roads are super dark(as some of you may know). The headlight on the v7III is pretty good but I sure would like some extra umph(Used to having my LED lights bars on my trucks...) What are my options for upgrading the light? Are there any bulbs that would provide some more output without having to rewire? I enjoy the look of the v7 and don't really want to change out the whole light.

Open to alternatives/ideas though.

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

BearV7, Poppe and Wisconsin v7 Racer like this.
  3. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Will you be able to supply them for those of us driving on the "correct" side of the road :wondering:.

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Just got it firing!

HAHAHAH!

Any idea on when we might expect that complete drop in and price? Depending on time frame I may get the bulb... either way since you have the item I'll buy from you! Thanks man.

Poppe likes this.
  5. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Silly boy, All ya gotta do is install it upside down, like everything else down there.... :giggle:

Paul

BenRCMC, AndreasG and timax like this.
  6. Dinsdale Piranha

I know it'll come as a surprise to many people, but it's a genuine question. Did you know that the low beam top cutoff has a little peak up on the right hand side for you blokes, and the left hand side for us. That's give a little further view down the side of the road without blinding the oncoming traffic. If I use a headlamp made for right side drivers I'll make a lot of enemies here. That peak upwards will shine right into oncoming drivers' eyes, with the chance of sparking a little road-rage. It's usually the reflector/lens combination which aims the low beam for you or for me, though LED bulbs are increasingly becoming "handed". The unit Todd is discussing will definitely have to be manufactured for 2 different markets for it to be available worldwide.

7. Dinsdale Piranha

Nahh, ya got it all wrong.
    CorrctedWorldMap.jpg

RUFULUS, BenRCMC, blakbird and 3 others like this.
  8. roadscum

:clap::clap::clap: 1st time I've seen the "corrected" map. Thanks for helping me overcome my ignorance. :(

Paul

Poppe likes this.
  9. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

Does anyone beside me want a whole new headlamp housing. I'm really disappointed at the tinny cheap bucket and trim ring.

I haven't been motivated enough to go looking but I would likely buy an upgrade.

BenRCMC, Poppe and Wisconsin v7 Racer like this.
  10. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

11. Dinsdale Piranha

So, as stated, it is a serious question: Would I be ale to get one of these headlamps suitable for driving on the left side of the road? Dependent on price (and suitable availability) I'd be interested.

Poppe likes this.
  12. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Many headlights now don't have the tip up to one side, like those on the Norge. Thus they are universal.

Don't like the turn signals though, doubt anyone approaching from the front could see them against the headlight.

13. timax

timax Tuned and Synch'ed

For Australia they will need to be "E" marked to be legal.
    All fine unless you are found to be at fault in an accident.

14. GT-Rx®

A few weeks max. Pricing should be <$300.

Poppe likes this.
  15. GT-Rx®

I'm sure the engineers that designed it would take offense to that statement... but let's wait and see how it works once I can ignite it. I suspect you will be able to see them very well. Also, I think they may be intended to be used as a supplemental turns, though I will use it as primary as long as they are highly visible.
    They also offer the light without turns.

16. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I doubt the designer who designed it gave it little thought, form over function every time with designers. Had it been designed by an engineer things might be different. In Europe there are rules regarding the spacing of turn signals.

However the first priority is how the headlight part functions. Original design LED lights work extremely well but all tend to be projector units. Reflectors don't lend themselves to LEDs because the light source is much larger so focus is a problem.

I hope this one is good.

17. rbm

rbm Cruisin' Guzzisti

Those integrated turn signals would be illegal in Ontario, at least. The spacing between them is less than the minimum required by the Highway Traffic Act.

18. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Perhaps you can run the turn LEDs as running lights instead. This arrangement works very well on the California 1400 Custom.

Poppe likes this.
  19. roadscum

I'm thinking illegal in the US unless stamped DOT approved.

Many of today's cars that have LED running lights integrated near the turn indicators turn off the running lights while the turn indicator is on. I'm not sure if it law or just good practice to help make the turn signals more visible....... but it makes sense to me.

Paul

Poppe likes this.
  20. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Have them to compliment my standard turn signals plus at that price, I'm interested!

GT-Rx® likes this.