• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge digital dash issue

Rds

Just got it firing!
Gremlins.

2008 Norge with a replaced dash today just…futzed out. Rather, the lower right digital display portion did. While riding (in a lot of stop and go traffic at upper 80s in direct sun), I noticed that I had no digital info: no mileage, no service wrench, logo—nothing. Analog dials as well as the idiot lights did work. We stopped the bike, keyed it off, then — voila! All the digital info was there. Any thoughts?

My 2006 breva dash plays up especially if left parked in direct sun, once turned on, the speedo instead of being 0km/hr while stationary will read anywhere from 0-80Km/hr so when doing 20k will read 100Km/hr, once i have been riding and it cools off by turning the ign on/off several times it will drop to zero, I park in the shade or put something over it.

I had the same problem with my B1100. I replaced the stepper motor on the speedo and all is fixed. Now the tacho has started doing it so I will need to replace that too.

I have a spare, just need time. Both speedo and tacho steppers are the same.

cheers

Robert

Kevin,

Carmo has them at I though too high prices, so I sourced them here taninauto.com

From memory I bought 2 for less than half price of one at Carmo. If you want I can get photo of the item and part number. I just need to dig the spare out. The part number has changed a few times with updates and it took me quite a while to find the ones I eventually bought. You can't use the part number on the original as it no longer exists.

Robert

Kevin,

Carmo has them at I though too high prices, so I sourced them here taninauto.com

From memory I bought 2 for less than half price of one at Carmo. If you want I can get photo of the item and part number. I just need to dig the spare out. The part number has changed a few times with updates and it took me quite a while to find the ones I eventually bought. You can't use the part number on the original as it no longer exists.

Robert

I would very much appreciate this information! Please post it. Thank You Very Much!

Gremlins.

2008 Norge with a replaced dash today just…futzed out. Rather, the lower right digital display portion did. While riding (in a lot of stop and go traffic at upper 80s in direct sun), I noticed that I had no digital info: no mileage, no service wrench, logo—nothing. Analog dials as well as the idiot lights did work. We stopped the bike, keyed it off, then — voila! All the digital info was there. Any thoughts?
If its the LCD you're going to have difficulty.
My B11 did what yours did initially and eventually died completely.
The bad news was that despite searching the web I couldn't find a replacement. I also looked at camera LCDs with no success
Spoke to Carmo and they didn't have a source either.
It's possible that the problem is with the ribbon cable to the LCD As it makes a tight turn so if you get it out the right guy might be able to fix it.

Ultimately I found another dash with other issues to canibilise for the LCD and normal service was resumed.
Good luck

Scott,

The top one is the original that comes with the bikes.
The bottom one is the new one I keep as a spare.

From memory some Ducati's have the same part number. Somewhere I have a list of the new part numbers for the various bikes I found during my research. I can't find it at the moment (must be on an older computer). I'll go looking for it and post up if I do find it.

Tris,

I replaced my LCD, when they were still available. I had a technician friend look at the ribbon cable as you suggested, and in my case at least, he said wires were fine and that the LCD's are usually the things to fail. This is usually evident when it starts to fail with blotches on the screen - as mine did, until it no longer works. If it's any help, mine began failing while riding in the heat (45C) with pixels missing or blotched and slowly got worse.

regards

Robert

Attachments

• Breva 1100 dash stepper motor.jpg
    Breva 1100 dash stepper motor.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
I couldn't find the document that has the history of part numbers (it went through the history of changes) but in a post a few years ago you will find useful info

Apologies, I don't know how to post it as a link so you'll have to copy and paste to your browser

scroll down to post #63 and it has one of the charts with updated part numbers.

"part no. X15.689 also compatible with XB5.689, X27.689 and I think X25.689"

I hope this helps.

Robert

ps edit: I stand corrected. It posted as a link without my input.

Back