• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Heated Grips

Right on Pbears.. at one point one has to draw the line!!! LOL
I may do the same as far as heating grips are concerned but I haven't had to wait since I never ordered them in the first place.

Too bad for me that the oil gauge cover and the gauge itself cannot be bought elsewhere just like the grips because my order for them dates back to mid-July and frankly I am beginning to be a little fed up with this! :angry:

Thats crazy - at least my dealer got the cover/dip-stick very quickly after I pointed out the issue - and as they are presumably making Stelvios as we speak, they must have a bin of the bloody things sat on the production line. Its just un-professional!
Good luck. Pbears, Dorset

p.s. I can only assume that Moto Guzzi dont have the nouse to read this forum and find out exactly what it is that owners like, want, need and feel! This kind of market research costs a bloody fortune in the real world. Come on Guzzi - wake up....... is there anybody out there!!!!????

I bet they do read these forums......but hey ho don't forget they are Italian, so no rush.
What is this about the cover/dip stick, is this a mod that is ment to be available. it is a real pain in the arse when you want to check your oil, and have to get that cover off before you can get to your dip stick.

Is the mod like this one in the picture?

Hi NJC

Yes - we had a line running on the original forum on the stupidity of the original design whereby to check your oil you have to remove three alan key screws - burning your hand on the pipes with the lower one! Guzzi then issued bikes with the redesigned cover and longer dip stick but would you believe if you bought an early bike you have to buy them at around £30 a time. Yet another piece of unprofessionalism.
Cheers.

Hi there Pbears,

Yes mine has got the old type, a real pain in the arse. I will have to try and order one of these replacements, but like you say I will not hold my breath waiting. I have not seen one of these on any of the Stelvios in my dealers yet.

Cheers Nige

And when you also think that Guzzi had made the same mistake on the Norge dip stick over a year earlier, you might wonder what planet their designers are on.

Well the big problem with the design was putting covers on the bike in the first place? Why?

Mine were stripped off within minutes of buying the bike.

Waste of money and effort- just like the stupid cubby hole with is a gimmick.

Great bike otherwise!

Yes, on second thoughts.....Guzzirider you are right, I think I will just junk the side engine covers, like you say they serve no real function, other than being annoying. It will save the hassle of ordering and the long wait for the newer ones.

Cheers Nige

Wayne Orwig wrote:

I have a set just like that on my current non-Guzzi.
Actually it looks like exactly the same set, even the switch sticker is 100% same. Probably the same Taiwanese parts are sold all over the world by countless dealers...
If you can get the original grips off (try compressed air) they should be quite easy to install.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
I wonder about these.
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Heated-Grip-Kit-p-16539.html

You would want to put some insulation on the left bar (heat shrink maybe), but looks like a good idea.

I put those on my Stelvio and 2 other bikes in the past. The first bike worked great, the second only worked on low, and the Stelvio only worked on high. I have heard other reports that quality control on these is sketchy at best. That was enough for me.

Now I installed these:

AC04G0200A_large.jpg

http://www.cbxman.com/detail.aspx?ID=504

Supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow, so I'll report back.

I bought the Stelvio heated grips from my San Francisco dealer. They took a couple months to get here. I was told they were held up in U.S. customs. However, they did not come with any instructions. Does anyone happen to have assembly instructions? When I purchased my black panniers, they came with excellent installation notes (approx. 6 pages, with illustrations). Thanks for any help. Here are two pictures of what they sent me. Thanks. -Patrick

I've got the paperwork for the B1100 heated grips. I don't imagine they'd be terribly different. If you'd like, I can scan them and email them to you.

I've used heated grip elements from Dual-star: http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/h ... p_kit1.htm
I've put them on 2 bikes, and they have worked great. The advantage is that you can use any grip.
It would seem the aerostich elements are similar.

I just put them on my Guzzi under stock waffle grips. It was tough to get the grips on over the elements with grip glue on them, tougher than some aftermarket foam grips I did on a prior bike, but its done and works great. All for $30 + shipping + grips. I used the flush mount round-rocker switch.

pkubitz wrote:
I bought the Stelvio heated grips from my San Francisco dealer. They took a couple months to get here. I was told they were held up in U.S. customs. However, they did not come with any instructions. Does anyone happen to have assembly instructions? When I purchased my black panniers, they came with excellent installation notes (approx. 6 pages, with illustrations). Thanks for any help. Here are two pictures of what they sent me. Thanks. -Patrick

You can read my "instructions" above in this topic. Not that difficult, but I think you have to drill some holes in you're steering bar...

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid drilling any holes but if I don't hear from anyone else, I may have to go that route. I will call the dealer too just in case they forgot to include the paperwork.

What are the two metal items which are still in their plastic bags in your picture Patrick?
Could they be alternative bar end weights, to allow for the additional lenght of the grips, or spacers to do same?

One or the other. I still don't have any instructions to tell me what they are. They are some kind of bar ends. I'll let you know as soon as I install them. Here is the other pic I tried to load the other day. A better view of the weights.

Back