• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Whoops, sorry bout that... If we go to AJ's I will be sure to say hi for you-

Here you go...

Sean said:
Doug,

Are you still planning on meeting up with Mark somwhere? I'm very
likely going to take tomorrow off and come with you guys.

Sean

ps. Maybe we could meet at AJ's in Gill, MA right on Rt 2.

and Marks response...

Mark said:
Sean, I'm still waiting to hear back from Doug about time/place. Will keep you posted.

M

Hal,

Looks like WCB is probably out for tomorrow due to illness. I believe Mark B and I can still make the run. Did you and WCB have a location and time in mind? Cheers,

Sean

So Eldonardo, Jay D, and myself will meet Waspp at 2:30 ish in North Adams, MA today to pick up the baton.

I would love to hear from whoever wants it next, as we have a limited time frame to send it on. I can always bring it over to WCB in Salem, too. Or drop it off with Tom Halchuk if he is around. Let me know!

I've got just a bit more time than Sean, and can take the Baton along Tues/Weds, so would appreciate someone volunteering for next "legs".

Mark

Guys, I'm anxious to update the blog, but I really need some words to do so. Also, whoever has the baton/logbook, can you post updates here as to any donations noted in the book for the Injured Rider's Fund.

TIA.

After enjoying a fine Easter lasagna dinner...
DSCF5756.jpg

The Baton was on the move into VT and on to MA
DSCF5725.jpg

Making friends along the way!
DSCF5733.jpg

And seeing some of the points of interest
DSCF5731.jpg

Then to the official hand off at the hairpin turn in North Adams
DSCF5764.jpg

The Massachusetts relay team..Sean Bud Jay and Mark
DSCF5767.jpg

Hot coffee and then we were on our way.
DSCF5769.jpg

Waspp,

Great pictures, love the moose shot. Nice to see you again. I almost thawed out by the end of that coffee stop. Todd, I think Eldonardo will post up some more pictures in a bit, and I will write up a few words too later this evening. I will also be making an addition to the IRF soon. Very nice, if cold ride today. We didn't stop at AJ's, Bud reminded us that they are closed on Mondays.

-Sean

The pictures are great, and I wish there was time (and money) to accompany every one of you as the baton travels across the country. Looking at the progress on the map, the various Guzzi models involved, and the scenery along the route stirs up the wanderlust in me, and a plan for a long road trip this summer is being hatched.

BTW, that lasagna looks good enough to eat :)

Great ride out to N. Adams to meet Hal W. and receive the Disc. A couple of pics of 3/4 of the team. Still waiting to hear who's going to take it next! M

Seaninmotion.jpg

budinmotion.jpg

jayinmotion.jpg

Route2.jpg

Fun shots guys... Keep them coming!

Still looking for words for the blog from all of you, and if you can post some exact locations for the posted pics, or update the Google map yourself.. would be much appreciated.
Log-in for the map is the same as the Picasa Photo Album: Username/Log-in: GuzziRelay09 -- Password: teammember

On Monday April 13th, four of the Massachusetts faithful mounted up and headed west to meet with Hal and welcome the baton back to the Commonwealth. It was an interesting group, with the soft spoken but hard riding Bud on a gorgeous Daytona; Mark riding a '73 Eldorado that once belonged to his father, Jay riding Satie (Satina Patina), a '71 Ambassador that he has resurrected, and yours truly riding a new to me 1972 Ambassador.

The day started of cold but sunny as we gathered at my place. Note that one of these things is not like the others....

DSCN0254.JPG

We mounted up and headed west by the most direct route... Rte 2, or the old Mohawk Trail. This road was formerly a footpath used by the native peoples of the area before the arrival of the Mayflower. It starts off as slab, and slowly becomes more scenic as you make your way west into the Berkshires. We made a little stop to execute a bungee cord repair on Satie when one of the Califica bags popped open.

Why is this man smiling?

Library%20-%202765.jpg

Mark checks out the bikes...

Library%20-%202769.jpg

...while Bud executes a text book "pit stop".

100_3393.JPG

We met Hal at the famous "hairpin" corner just to the east of North Adams, MA. Hal was riding his nice Rosso Corsa, balancing out the ratio of red to black Guzzis. We made the official handoff, then headed into town in search of coffee, chile, and warmth.

Don't overun this corner...

100_3397.JPG

The handoff...Mark, Hal, and Bud
Library%20-%202774.jpg

The MA relay team...Sean, Bud, Jay, and Mark
DSCN0268.JPG

At the coffee shop...

Library%20-%202783.jpg

100_3405.JPG

Library%20-%202781.jpg

The baton worked its way into MA to the greater Worcester area, where it now resides with Mark awaiting its next victim. If it doesn't move on soon, it may find its way onto Randy Tefft's back as he attempts to set the world record for hill climbing on a Guzzi. Post up here if you want it next.

OK guys, I think I deciphered most of the info/pics/posts above. I just spent too much time editing both the Google map and the Blog. Have a look and let me know here if there is anything I've done incorrectly, or anything that needs to be added/revised.

TIA.

To you MA guys, please try to get in touch with the New England MGNOC Reps. I haven't heard back from any of them. What's the latest on Halchuck?

wistah_sean wrote:
If it doesn't move on soon, it may find its way onto Randy Tefft's back as he attempts to set the world record for hill climbing on a Guzzi.
Almost would love to see this happen.

RacerX wrote:
I haven't heard back from any of them. What's the latest on Halchuck?

Todd, I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and his answer was:
Gentlemen
I will be unavailable to participate this yr.
Tom

Nick

Nick wrote:
Todd, I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and his answer was:
Gentlemen
I will be unavailable to participate this yr.
Tom

Thanks Nick... too bad.

OK, so there's also:
Vermont Rep
Rich Todd
303 Hier Road
West Rutland, Vermont 05777
ph. (802) 438-2175
opts.todd at comcast.net

Maine Rep
Galen L. Burke
332 Del Chadbourne Road
Bridgton, Maine 04009
ph. (207) 925-1307 (home)
ph. (207) 239-9665 (cell)
burkegalen at yahoo.com

Connecticut & Rhode Island Rep
Steven Rossi
P.O. Box 280
East Haddam, Connecticut 06423
ph. (248) 470-5788
sldmrossi at aol.com

Tom Halchuk has organized a Guzzi breakfast for Sunday. Unless someone steps up and takes the baton away sooner, in all likelihood it will make an appearance at this breakfast (Mark, can you confirm?). Following breakfast, there is a ride out to Monson, MA to watch Randy ride a Guzzi Lemans up an improbably steep hill. Randy has volunteered to move it along after that. Also, a couple of others have mentioned that they could ride it back to New York, or even as far as Pennsylvania, if no one in New England wants a go.

I of course will miss all of this as I have to go to New Orleans on a business trip. I would have loved to see the birth of the Guzzi hillclimber. I wish I could do more this year.

I am good within 200 miles of Okla City. Last year I wa with a group that picked up the Baton at Lake Murray.

Back