• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer fuel pressure regulator question.

David Wolf

Just got it firing!
My 2015 U.S. V7R with 1,300 mi wont start. Ran fine a few weeks ago (first ride in 2 or 3 years). Has spark, proper valve clearance and compression. Sometimes starts for just a few seconds then dies. I replaced the fuel filter with one from GTM. Used their flash tool to reset the tps. Thought I might have a fuel pressure issue from E10 fuel sitting in it (again, 2015 with only 1,300 miles on it). I replaced the fuel pump (not the whole unit), and the same condition persists. I did clean the injectors as well with my Motion Pro fuel injector cleaner tool and they flow well. My question about the Fuel Pressure Regulator is this...I removed it and manually blew air (not compressed) through the exit port to the fuel line (not the return port on the side) and air easily blows past the hole on top as well as the small hole on the side (above and to the side of the spring). Is this normal or has my fuel pressure regulator failed? If so, does anyone know of a replacement other than purchasing the whole unit? I can't find a fuel flow per minute spec in the service manual, but have measured 100cc when priming, at key on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
IMG 4376

Last edited:
If you can get a pressure gauge hooked into the system you should have about 45 psi pressure in the system. If you don't have that pressure, the regulator is toast.
So...The pressure regulator holds no pressure at all. Ordered a new one...3.5 bar... I'll know by next weekend if it solves my problem. Damn Ethanol!!! 33 years as a Japanese motorcycle mechanic and I have never had to replace a fuel pressure regulator.

Last edited:
So...The pressure regulator holds no pressure at all. Ordered a new one...3.5 bar... I'll know by next weekend if it solves my problem. Damn Ethanol!!! 33 years as a Japanese motorcycle mechanic and I have never had to replace a fuel pressure regulator.

Hi, David. I have the same problem with an 08 Breva 750. There is no part no. on the PR and AF1 Racing shows no info. Could you tell me where you sourced yours from?

Thanks, John

Thanks for this thread, I might be having the same issue w/ my 2015 V7 that sat for a while.

Getting the same "starts for a few seconds then dies". I can sometimes get it going longer by holding the throttle ever so slightly open, but if I let go it dies, and there are lots of misfires/pops.

The bike sat unused from 2018 - 2022, and the ethanol fuel that was in there gummed everything up suuuper bad. The most rotten smelling fuel, it almost ruined me being around it. I drained it, pulled the tank off and replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter (with the gtm metal filter), and had the injectors professionally cleaned. I also cleaned the gum out of the tank myself using some fender washers (shaking/sliding them around inside with carb cleaner did the trick). I have a camera on the end of a wire I use for plumbing, and can confirm that 98% of the gum is gone from the tank! There was SO MUCH crud (gum) everywhere. It was actually kind of insane. I never want to do that again. Ethanol is so awful. Please use fuel stabilizers if you are going to store a bike for a while....

All of this and it still doesn't wanna go.

My friend who is a talented & clever auto+bike mechanic swung by today and we tested a bunch of stuff. Compression was over 220psi for each side (great), spark looking great, but fuel pressure was barely making 10-15psi. That's what lead me here.

I am hopeful this is it! Fingers crossed- the (ducati) part you linked to is on order. I have a feeling this might be the ticket.

Thanks for the info @john zibell. I wonder if it will run a little rich with fuel pressure at 50psi instead of 45psi.

Todd remapped my bike in 2015, O2 (lambda) sensors disconnected.

Is this safe?

Thanks for the info @john zibell. I wonder if it will run a little rich with fuel pressure at 50psi instead of 45psi.

Todd remapped my bike in 2015, O2 (lambda) sensors disconnected.

Is this safe?
It might be slightly rich but still in tolerance. You should contact Todd direct e-mail about the higher pressure regulator and if it would make a substantial difference.

It might be slightly rich but still in tolerance. You should contact Todd direct e-mail about the higher pressure regulator and if it would make a substantial difference.
Mine was remapped by GTM as well. I'm at 6K ft, in Colorado and actually see some tan in the pipes. Reminds me of my racing days. It's definitely not running too rich.

Mine was remapped by GTM as well. I'm at 6K ft, in Colorado and actually see some tan in the pipes. Reminds me of my racing days. It's definitely not running too rich.
David, The question I answered was in regard to the 50 PSI regulator instead of 45psi.

Back