• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

Hi
Here is my v100s modifications:
-isotta handguards
-isotta medium transparent windshield
-helibars riser
-original engine protection
-radiator protector

IMG 1631
IMG 1614

I think that designers worth their salt could design something that is functional and stylish. I don't see why it is always style first. Look at Pyramid Plastics' engine guard plate: it leaves a gap between it and the radiator, it has two completely pointless slots in it, the bottom tapers to a point, leaving an area unprotected, and it doesn't wrap around to protect the underside of the engine.

Pyramid Plastics couldn't have designed a more useless product. (Actually they could, of course.) But I'm left wondering what on earth they thought they were doing.
I found a solution to all of the concerns. I mean, absolutely ALL! Like, every single one of them! It's called DIY, shorter for Do It Yourself;)
If ya don't like someone's design- create your own. If ya see how ya can improve something there or there- do it! Something doesn't suit ya- change it! Whatever ya'll make is whatever ya'll have and there will be no more reasons to criticize someone's creative vision or engineering abilities, or a balance of them both ✌️

Well…it sounds like a challenge.
First one to build a rear hugger in carbon fiber wins 😁
Jokes asides, it would most certainly be doable, if one just could find a suitable template to form the carbon fiber around.
But it needs to be a good template that is workable and smooth enough.
For my personal preference I don’t want a carbon fiber look on the V100, it would just look odd with the other design details.
Plastic look? Yes if same as the original hugger color.
But carbon fiber can off course be painted.
Perhaps with a really matte clear coat finish?

It wouldn't be "too hard" to take the original design and extend it further back and a bit wider to create an extended fender with the same mounts as the original. It may need some integrated supports to handle the weight, but entirely possible. If I get some time to design something up, I'll post it on here to see if anyone is interested in buying. I can produce them in low volume via with a glass filled nylon material (in black) that would be very strong and could have a similar texture as the factory parts.

It wouldn't be "too hard" to take the original design and extend it further back and a bit wider to create an extended fender
Bingo! Ya can easily mold on top of existing fender and then push that piece down and bolt it to the bottom of the fender.
As of carbon fiber- it's not worth it unless ya aiming for the looks. Since I'm doing composites as hobby for over 30 years, ya gotta trust me on this one LOL Carbon fiber is not that much lighter compared to fiberglass. That's not a featherlight track machines, 100-200gr saved will not make a difference. It is slightly easier to work with carbon fiber coz it soaks in resin better and is more pliable, but it's nearly 3 times more expensive than fiberglass. If to paint parts after, fiberglass is the answer here:)

I've had the bike for about four months and I've done a bunch of stuff to it.
-All my bikes and cars have an Anderson Powerpole connector to attach a battery tender. It blends in on the harness going to the swing arm.
-I moved the Knight Design lowering footpegs from the Norge to try it out. Much nicer, I bought a set to replace them on the Norge. The lowered brake toe piece moved over as well.
- Hepco Becker top case rack.
-Cheap Amazon top case. I was actually after another base shoe for the Givi top box I already have. I would have no issue moving the box from bike to bike. Looks like that base is about $75. A whole case on Amazon is only $80. I gave it a shot. It isn't Givi for sure, but it is more than adequate. No regrets. I did remove the padded backrest because the pillion passenger says he doesn't need it and it gives a little more room.
-Heated jacket controller mounted on a plate on the clutch lever. I was just plugging the jacket into the controller on the handlebars but the cord kept getting caught under the winglet when I came to a stop. I drilled a hole right in that matte black plastic "tank" top piece and mounted a coaxial connector. If this doesn't go well at least it will be easy to replace and with any luck not terribly expensive.
-RAM mount for an iPhone 7. I wouldn't buy this RAM mount again. The twist locks are better. I have Rokform on the Norge and like it more. The iPhone 7 is an old surplus phone and is dedicated to the bike for GPS and maybe MIA if I can get it all to work together ever.
-I made a little panel the goes in the front bolts of the handlebar clamp. It has a voltmeter/USB device, the PWM dimmer for my driving lights, a momentary button for my garage door opener, and an on/off button to allow the USB panel to charge with the bike off. This is version 1.0, there will definitely be a V2.0 as I'm not 100% satisfied with this one.
-I added some little o-rings to the front tabs of the plastic head covers. They rattled at various engine RPMs and this provided enough cushion to stop it. Something else still rattles, maybe the windshield mechanism?
-Biondi medium windshield. I wish I'd just gone for the full touring windshield. I moved it up a little higher with a couple of simple brackets but didn't like the angle so I've got a couple of spacers to give it a more upright angle. More to come on this, I'm not done here.
-Factory crash bars. And to these I added some cheap wish.com LED lights. These are more to be seen than to see. I'd like to have them automatically dim as I have on my KLR, but for now I have a manual dimmer knob to turn them down at night.
-MOTO GUZZI eagle and name on the tank. The edge of one of my 3-D eagles was coming up a little and gave me the idea to help it along and add the vintage Guzzi font and eagle logo. The eagles faces forward on both sides, of course. The original eagles are safely stored.
-Factory side luggage and I did the mod suggested here to put a pin through the bottom mount just in case.
-Edited to add a weird and ugly one I forgot about. I has a really hard time with the gas cap and filler neck and California's vapor recovery boots. I just couldn't get the fuel pipe in the fuel hole. With a near empty tank I put a small rag on a gripper stick down into the tanks. With a Shopvac and a knife and a file I made the hole in the filler neck a little bigger. It's not real pretty (if you even knew to look down the hole), but it really worked, made an enormous difference in ease of filling up.
View attachment 32032View attachment 32033View attachment 32034
-"Edited to add a weird and ugly one I forgot about. I has a really hard time with the gas cap and filler neck and California's vapor recovery boots. I just couldn't get the fuel pipe in the fuel hole. With a near empty tank I put a small rag on a gripper stick down into the tanks. With a Shopvac and a knife and a file I made the hole in the filler neck a little bigger. It's not real pretty (if you even knew to look down the hole), but it really worked, made an enormous difference in ease of filling up."

I have the same issues with that cap flip location (90-deg back). Filling in CA would be so much easier if it flipped forward.
My previous bike was an R9T BMW with the same flip direction, but I was able to remove the hinge pin, so when unlocking the cap I could remove the whole cap assembly no problem (the key stays in the lock so you have to be a dumb ass to lose the cap & key).
I thought I could do the same on the V100, but no deal.
I'm hoping that a billet threaded cap will appear soon (like for my KTM's). Not only is it a struggle to fill, but a decent strong movement might snap the cap off?

My Mandello "cafe tourer" incarnation is almost complete ...
- Pyramid Plastics Cowl
- colour* matched panniers

The keen eyed among us will also note: MV Motorrad lowered footpegs, Evotech radiator screen, PIAA freeway blaster horns, Pyramid Plastics fender extender, Givi tank ring (for both 6 and 3 litre bags) ... x-ray vision will let you see the Motorbike-passion pannier liner bags and the GT Moto rear wheel nut under the seat. Givi handguards are still with the painter to be colour* matched so they "disappear" - I'll fit them after our summer heat.

Out of shot is the colour* matched topcase (and rack): I will run the Mandello mostly with panniers + cowl; and switch to panniers + rack / topcase (sans cowl) for long tours and pillion runs. It's a 6-bolts changeover and takes all of 15 minutes, with a little blue Loktite. I'll probably also get a larger screen to swap in for long tours - still looking at options.

Moto Guzzi OEM bits: touring screen; fairing usb socket; engine bars; LED lights; heated rider and comfort pillion seats (black - not on in these pics); centre stand; rack and topcase (with Motorbike-passion liner bag).

(*Yes, colour - we like our "U"s in Australia. Cue Kiwi laughter ... )

CafeTourer1 CafeTourer2 MV100TopCase

Last edited:
Is that also a bigger "foot" on the side stand?
Yep - well spotted.

It's a Hepco & Bekker - the only one readily available in Australia, and very well made. In combination with the lowered footpegs, this foot does stop the stand closing "up" fully. It is still within the centrestand's angles, and the MV Motorrad lower peg kit has a rubber "stop" where the stand makes contact.

The wider side-stand foot has two benefits - more secure on iffy surfaces, and the bike "falls" a little less far over onto the stand.

Just realized I never posted another mod I did recently.
Like several others, I removed the OEM horn, and replaced it with twin Hellas. The toughest part was making up a splitter harness, getting the lengths and routing to my satisfaction. :)
Would you mind sharing any part numbers and a video of sound? I've been debating out swapping mine to get rid of the meep-meep horn.

- Pyramid Plastics Cowl

The keen eyed among us will also note: MV Motorrad lowered footpegs, Evotech radiator screen, PIAA freeway blaster horns, Pyramid Plastics fender extender, Givi tank ring (for both 6 and 3 litre bags) ... x-ray vision will let you see the Motorbike-passion pannier liner bags and the GT Moto rear wheel nut under the seat. Givi handguards are still with the painter to be colour* matched so they "disappear" - I'll fit them after our summer heat.

Out of shot is the colour* matched topcase (and rack): I will run the Mandello mostly with panniers + cowl; and switch to panniers + rack / topcase (sans cowl) for long tours and pillion runs. It's a 6-bolts changeover and takes all of 15 minutes, with a little blue Loktite. I'll probably also get a larger screen to swap in for long tours - still looking at options.

Moto Guzzi OEM bits: touring screen; fairing usb socket; engine bars; LED lights; heated rider and comfort pillion seats (black - not on in these pics); centre stand; rack and topcase (with Motorbike-passion liner bag).

View attachment 34357View attachment 34358View attachment 34359
I think it looks great!

- Pyramid Plastics Cowl

Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost to have the painting done?
I'm seriously considering having mine done too.

Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost to have the painting done?
I'm seriously considering having mine done too.
Not cheap, but imho worth it - I keep my bikes many years so the cost disappears into the general joy of the bike fairly quickly, and any compromise on quality would show up for me. As you can see, the colour match really "makes" the bike - the silver panels just made me wince to look at, while the Verde ones draw smiles (including mine). It visually completes the Mandello package (the red panniers on here look fabulous, too).

This paint job was just under $400 Australian for 4 pieces: match and mix paint $50, painting $250, spray booth $75. There's no point going to a cut-price painter: you'll see the false economy as soon as the paint dries. Sounds like you already have a painter whose work you like!

I might mention that Ducati offer matched panels and liner bags as a matter of course. While ultimately my recent Multistrada V2S wasn't a keeper, I did like the completeness of the package. It's a pretty obvious hole in the Guzzi offering.

(Mind you, I did have to paint the lids of panniers and top case on my BMW R1200R 16 years ago - and cost was more than this job, even then. Thankfully, my BMW dealer took care of it for me.)

Back