• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V100 Mods thread

Anybody got a spare right hand Guzzi pannier going? Only joking but I managed to lose mine today. I'd had them.off to was the bike and obviously hadn't properly fitted them back. Riding on very bumpy roads the right hand one managed to escape. I didn't see it or hear it go. Didn't realise until I saw my very lopsided shadow. Almost lost the pillion seat too but fitted that back securely along with the left hand pannier. Then rode the 15 mile stretch where I'd lost it in both directions slowly and saw absolutely zip. Really annoyed with myself.

• Sad
Reactions: BDS
That’s awesome timing, as I’ve ordered the same bracket for my XT2, and glad to see people having a positive experience with it, thanks 👍
I’ve got the same setup for my Garmin XT and really like it too.

Interesting setup but with that floating rod design, I would pay strict attention to the stipulated bag weight limits as people always overload their bag with excess weight.
The rods are not load bearing, as the load is taken by the top strap, but I hear you 👍. I’ve had 20 plus years of GS / GSA’s with 3 box alloy luggage and you are right, back then I’d pack the kitchen sink 😀 I’ve consciously parred my luggage down now, as I don’t have a pillion, and back in my Army days I’d do 3-4 weeks in a sandy poophole with what I carried on my back 😀.

Weight limit is about 6kg per side or around 13lbs, which for clothing, and the essentials should be fine, and if needed, I have a lone rider overlander bag which can go on the pillion seat, and if needed can be secured with my steel core lock strap. Also the motech urban top case, so total storage is around 70 litres. Should be enough for one bloke on the road for a few week / two weeks 👍

Had some issues early on with coolant leaks. My Dealer fixed them over a few weeks. Th bike is now eleven months old and completed 7500 miles. Glad I stuck with it. There are not many bikes like this. The silver elements on the paniers and top box have been painted to match the rest of the bike.
Hi, how much did it cost to paint spray the panniers?
I’d like to do the same on my red one 👍😁
Thanks
Dave

I have done this to so many bikes it is like a broken record but there are Mistral, Agostini and Arrow cans that are in my budget. I'm sure some of you have put them on. Obviously, I am not doing this to increase power but I want a deeper tone. Any suggestions? So far, I have done a few things to the bike: CRG mirrors, radiator guard, adjustable shift peg, removed the passenger grab bars and boot protection on the swingarm and engine guards. I got the saddlebags when I bought the bike and a center stand. I removed the larger OEM windshield and put on a medium Biondi. Also ordered an X-creen. I had an Fz1 with an MRA Vario with the spoiler and it worked quite well. I don't like windshields to begin with as they buffet my head and make me a bobblehead. On the exhaust I don't want it super loud (I already have a Harley) but just deeper. I had a VII with the Ghezzi & Brian Quat D and something in that realm would be awesome. The pictures kind of came out with not much color but you guys get the idea.

V100 1

V100 2

V100 4

V100 3

Congratulations and Welcome!

There is a thread with discussion about this already. SEARCH is always your best friend. Use the Google Search option, the Big G.

IMG 0561

There is a thread with discussion about this already. SEARCH is always your best friend. Use the Google Search option, the Big G.
Thanks Scott. I merged his post with this Mods thread. I thought for sure you’d have linked him to your post HERE.
I have done this to so many bikes it is like a broken record but there are Mistral, Agostini and Arrow cans that are in my budget. I'm sure some of you have put them on.
I’ll ask you to slowly and carefully read the paragraphs at the top of every page, and search this section. Plenty of info here now on your question. Since you’ve owned a Guzzi, you should likely guess not many have modded their bikes yet at all. I just sold the first Ago muffler (tip). Search and read and you’ll see the colostomy bag under the gearbox is in effect a QD muffler. If you want more sound, you’d have to go deeper like the link below has some info on.

I have done this to so many bikes it is like a broken record but there are Mistral, Agostini and Arrow cans that are in my budget. I'm sure some of you have put them on. Obviously, I am not doing this to increase power but I want a deeper tone. Any suggestions?
I bought a Zard, mainly because I liked how the included carbon fiber shield covering the junction with the cat box was larger than other slip-ons, and tighter to the pipe.
I have an Agostini on my Griso, and would have liked to have gone with theirs, but I didn't like how the small shield sticks out. I HATE when the heel of my boot snags on anything when moving around on the bike !
The sound of the Zard (with the baffle) is a little louder, and a little deeper than the stock can. I haven't tried it without the baffle yet.

I have many of the same MG accessories you have added to yours, as well as some of the aftermarket parts - waiting on that longer shift toe peg from here (GTM). I strongly suggest you order one of the V100 Pocket Sockets from here while you can.

We've been a Zard dealer since 2007. We do not offer any warranty on them.

Reactions: BDS
Hi there and Happy New Year for everybody!
My V100 Rosso has now 2600kms and first service complete. I faced no any issues and it is a joy to ride it.
This is my list of modifications:
-REAR SHOCK
My weight is 82kgs / 180lbs and the rear OEM shock spring was to harsh for me so I replaced it with a french EMC Sportshock2 with its spring taylored to my weight, now the suspension is very comfortable and the hydraulics are easily adjustable.
-WINDSCREEN
Isotta Bassa Fume Scuro 45x 34,5 cms with same thickness as the OEM. OEM size is 38 x 34 cms. I am 187cms (6 feet 2 inches) tall and now I can ride up to 160-170km/h with comfort and no wind buffeting with the screen in full up position.
-SEAT
I upholstered the seat 4cms (2,5") higher using the original fabric. Now my legs are comfortable with no pain.
-AERODYNAMIC FLAPS
I applied gold vinyl under the aerodynamic flaps using the same color as the head covers and wheels because on the V100 Rosso model the painting around them is red making them almost invisible.
-OEM PANNIERS
Painted in red.
-HORN replaced with a higher less ridiculous one.
-CLUTCH and FRONT BRAKE RESERVOIRS
Replaced with aluminium CNC Rizoma ones. The transparent plastic OEM ones seem to me awful urine sample bottles not acceptable for such stylish Italian motorcycle.
-MIRRORS
Replaced with bar end aluminium CNC ones for a cleaner and more sportier look. Visibility is also good.
-ALUMINIUM RADIATOR GUARD
-RUBBER taps on driver pegs screws and big central frame to engine screw.
-PASSENGER BAG Small passenger saddle bag. It suits the bike shape and it is very handy to keep gloves, wallet, and plastic rain trousers.
-SILENCER I ordered a LeoVince short muffler I will adapt welding a proper stainless pipe. I find the OEM silencer sound not deep nor audible by me when cruising on canyon curves. I am looking not for a loud sound but for a deeper one that suits this powerful twin.
Nice updates, thank you for the pictures!
That rear bag does suit the bike shape. I haven't seen one like it... what brand is it?
Also, for uphostering your seat, did you buy additional fabric, if so can you say where you got it? Or, if you re-used the fabric that came on your saddle, how did you stretch it for the new seat height?

Nice updates, thank you for the pictures!
That rear bag does suit the bike shape. I haven't seen one like it... what brand is it?
Also, for uphostering your seat, did you buy additional fabric, if so can you say where you got it? Or, if you re-used the fabric that came on your saddle, how did you stretch it for the new seat height?
It was my goal to get a perfectly integrated rear bag over the passenger seat and after a long google research I found one on aliexpress from the many options you have. I will never stand up neither promote this chinese goods but on some not critical accessories like this they work ok. I do love this forum and I have not intention to go against the administrator rules and hard work.

Regarding the seat upholstery I just ordered the work to a professional uphoslterer store, they just used the OEM fabric and simply stretched it and supplemented it in under the in the non visible part. The result is superb, exactly as the OEM one but higher.

It was my goal to get a perfectly integrated rear bag over the passenger seat and after a long google research I found one on aliexpress from the many options you have. I will never stand up neither promote this chinese goods but on some not critical accessories like this they work ok. I do love this forum and I have not intention to go against the administrator rules and hard work.

Regarding the seat upholstery I just ordered the work to a professional uphoslterer store, they just used the OEM fabric and simply stretched it and supplemented it in under the in the non visible part. The result is superb, exactly as the OEM one but higher.
Got it, thanks! I didn't mean to bend any rules, if I add a tail bag I'll post a photo too.

With your upholstery approach, I wonder if I could create a brown heated saddle by having a pro remove the black fabric and swap on the brown from my stock seat. Has anyone taken apart a heated saddle to see if that's doable? I just wonder if the additional lines embossed on the heated seat fabric serve some purpose (related to heating elements?) of if that's just cosmetic.

BTW on the heated saddles, have others found that theirs gets excessively hot? Given how weak the heated grips are, I expected the same from the seat, however on the highest setting it nearly burned by butt off! Even on the lowest setting it eventually gets too hot to keep on, so if I take the fabric off I might see if there's any way to trim or bypass some of the heating.

Got it, thanks! I didn't mean to bend any rules, if I add a tail bag I'll post a photo too.

With your upholstery approach, I wonder if I could create a brown heated saddle by having a pro remove the black fabric and swap on the brown from my stock seat. Has anyone taken apart a heated saddle to see if that's doable? I just wonder if the additional lines embossed on the heated seat fabric serve some purpose (related to heating elements?) of if that's just cosmetic.

BTW on the heated saddles, have others found that theirs gets excessively hot? Given how weak the heated grips are, I expected the same from the seat, however on the highest setting it nearly burned by butt off! Even on the lowest setting it eventually gets too hot to keep on, so if I take the fabric off I might see if there's any way to trim or bypass some of the heating.
I find that the heated seat gets very hot and I often turn it down then off while riding. I am pleasantly surprised and prefer this to one of my other seats which never seems to get hot enough and takes forever to really put out any heat. I do wish the heated grips would get a bit toastier, my bmw bikes get hot which is great when its really cold out because I can turn them down after a short while. I end up keeping the Guzzi grips on high the entire time I ride. Minor complaints and first world problems so YAY!!

Well I barely started with mods so I appreciate all the info. here.
I ordered mine with the dash USB port and the center-stand, and the bags eventually came. Other than a Garmin XT (with Euro and NA maps), I'm pretty happy with the bike as is. Which is rare - every time I get a new bike I tend to change everything.
I am looking into a bigger screen, and will need a luggage rack. I'll be color matching the bags as well.
Disappointed that no-one's come up with a passenger backrest yet, which has kept the wife away so far...which can be good or bad depending on your situation ;)

IMG 2633

Finally getting some photos up of all the additions. At this point, I'm ready for my first road trip in the spring.
Here is the list of additions:
- Hepco & Becker engine guards
- Hepco & Becker center stand
- Rox risers (up and back) - FYI somebody else on here mentioned buying their "blemished" stock, I got these half price and couldn't find the blemish
- SW Motech Engine guard
- Evotech radiator guard
- Ram phone mount
- Vinyl wrapped cases
- Biondi Mid-touring screen

TempImageHQywn0 IMG 1002jpg IMG 1001 Copy IMG 1242 IMG 1312jpg IMG 1311jpg IMG 0995jpg IMG 0999 IMG 0996 IMG 0997

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 35
That engine guard sure shuts off the cooling air.
That shouldn’t be anything to worry about. It’s a water cooled engine, so the oil sump heat sinks are possibly just a design gimmick (correct me if I’m wrong).
There will be an airflow around that area all the same.
Anyhow I have the same engine guard myself and have not seen any tendencies for engine heating.
I am considering a radiator guard though.

@indyrider - Nice mods list👍😁. Those red wrap bags look really nice. Especially on the rosso! (I was the “blem” Rox poster… mine were perfect too!).

And have you repainted your rims, or how did you get to buy golden ones?
Yes, (they do look so nice on the Verde!). I saw very early S models (maybe even pre-production?) that did have ‘em. Lucky you! I got mine in April, 23… black rims..

Back