• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Who's got the highest mileage on their stelvio

guards 1656

Tuned and Synch'ed
I bought my Stelvio as my beemer has got pretty high miles, almost 62,000. I was wondering what kind of miles other stelvio owners have put on their bikes? mines now got nearly 6,000.

not me that's certain only 9600km...but thats what happens when it's laid up for a month each summer .
fbc

Certainly not me!!!
Got it in October 2009 and have a little over 5000km.

Yeh ... Since I have it, drove for 6 months only, because of the f*#$/!ken snow/cold ..... :evil:

About 2 weeks shy of a year from the purchase date, and I have 12,350 miles. Just finished the engine oil change, will do the valve adjust tomorrow (if they need it), and the transmission & final drive oils after the next good ride.

Probably Wayne in GA, him living in the south (USA) and all that. I got snow again last night in Virginia, own a 2009 with 25,000 miles. Snow and ice suck :x :x :x

The reason I've asked the question is that I was wondering if all the problems reported on the forum are basically teething problems or if the bike is ok long term once initial problems are sorted. Everyone who's replied so far have got what I would consider a fairly low milage bike. Which you would expect, what with it being quite a new model. Hope somebody out there has got a mega mileage one :D

Unfortunately I've only managed to cover about 7500mls since May 2009, the bike has been laid up for the last two winters (December to early March) I use my Triumph Tiger or old BMW GS1000 all year.
I've had the speedo sensor fail and also a misfire caused by the duff plug caps, (NGKs fitted now) Otherwise all is tickety boo :)
My pal up in Scotland leaves his Stelvio on the road outside his apartment 24/7, facing the worse scottish weather can throw at it. In the ten months he's owned it there have been no problems.

fatal said:
My pal up in Scotland leaves his Stelvio on the road outside his apartment 24/7, facing the worse scottish weather can throw at it. In the ten months he's owned it there have been no problems.
Maybe that's the way to treat these bikes- treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen :lol:

kwn306 said:
Probably Wayne in GA, him living in the south (USA) and all that. I got snow again last night in Virginia, own a 2009 with 25,000 miles. Snow and ice suck :x :x :x

Miles, who counts miles.

Six rear tires. That is what I count. :shock:

:cry:

Actually, I'm only at 24,000 or so miles. But then I have about 83,000 miles on my 04 EV which I swap with, so that cuts down the Stelvio miles.

Seriously, six tires. That is goofy...... :roll:

Only about 25Km on mine.. not great for a little over a year (season.. )
Gave up on the Scorpions and run Shinko's .... I have the NTX rear on my 09.

Shrike said:

Thats like from Nepean to Kanata and back ....right? :lol: :woohoo:

Edit:
Wrong map :blush:
Napanee to Shannonville?

Hi I got my Stelvio in April last year. It was registered in Sep 2008 and had 8k miles on it when I got it I have done a further 8.5 k miles since then so I guess relatively high mileage by comparison to the other posts. I am new to the guzzi scene and I have been amazed at how great a bike this is. My wife and I are frequent tourers and we both love this bike, so much so that we now have a Bellagio too [another brilliant machine]
When I first collected the Stelvio I was very concerned about some of the noises from the top end of the engine especially with the cam recalls et al. The whirring clicking and clanking was a real issue for me but I was assured on my first visit to Moto Corsa that thats what they do and as Gordon at Moto Corsa was riding a Griso with the 8 valve motor who was I to disagree[ they also confirmed that my bike had the cam recall done]
I have kept a close eye on the valve tappet clearances but since adjusting the left side exhaust pair some time ago which [were 50% too open] they seem to be settled. I have noticed that there is lateral play in the inlet and exhaust rocker assemblies and if you take hold of them and move them firmly from side to side then the noise takes the form of a loud metallic tap as the assembley clouts against each of the bearing housings. This loud noise is replicated when the engine is started but almost disappears as the engine gets hotter
As I say I've done 8k miles with no apparent problems with all the rattles and clicks and clonks and whirrings and I notice that the engine oil looks as clean as it did when it went in almost 5k miles ago. I did have to replace the speed sensor during the winter not sure if moisture was the cause of if it just failed
I would like to hear from any Stelvio owners [and Bellagios]with a view to comparing notes and poss meeting up from time to time for a natter and a ride out
I am a bit of a luddite with computers and forums and the like so help me out here!!!

Well I was talking to a friend, Pete, last night who has done 30k miles in just 2 years, 18k in the first year, leisure riding only.
Stelvioli, if you search this forum you will find reference to the shims that should be placed next to the rocker arms to take up the end play.

Har har har... :lol:

That would be 25K Km.

Been around a little more than that. Rode for 3+ months with no speed sensor and just got it back after 5 months getting the recall done that I was told was done before I bought it.

Now it's snowing again!!! :( :( :( :(

DanPez said:
Shrike said:

Thats like from Nepean to Kanata and back ....right? :lol: :woohoo:

Edit:
Wrong map :blush:
Napanee to Shannonville?

Wayne Orwig said:
kwn306 said:

Miles, who counts miles.

Six rear tires. That is what I count. :shock:

:cry:

Actually, I'm only at 24,000 or so miles. But then I have about 83,000 miles on my 04 EV which I swap with, so that cuts down the Stelvio miles.

Seriously, six tires. That is goofy...... :roll:

Six rear tires :shock: :shock: :shock: I'd park the bike in the front yard and make it a planter.

I have almost 12K on my rear Road Pilot 2, and that is two up........I also run the pressure at 42 - 44 psi. OK haters jump all over me. Still sticking like glue, but gettin a little thin :S

The front Road Pilot 2 still has a ton of life left in it.

Back