• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How many of us are there on this forum?

Not yet a Guzzi owner, waiting to get rid of one of my bikes so I can add a Stelvio NTX to the garage. I have had a thing about Guzzi's since a teenager but have never got around to owning one. That will all soon change. :D

Hi there Kiwis and Oz's. Too bad about last Sunday you Ozzies (4 more years). Couldn't resist.

Me and my bro are halves in a Mk 4 Le Mans. I'm picking it up in 2 weeks for a few months for my turn, can't wait!

I'm in Auckland, he's in Nelson, looking fwd to the road trip home :D

Diggers,
Thanks for the sympathy
Us Oztralians will get over it and 4 more years isn’t that long.
You Kiwi’s would know what it is like to wait to win the Cup, I mean how long has it been?
I remember now, 24 years isn’t it.

Seriously though, good luck against the Frogs.
Even though we like to gig each other, most Australians do have a soft spot for our cousins across the sea even though we hate it when you beat us.
It’s the Poms and the Seth Africans we can’t stand.
Just kidding Seth Africans.

One last note, if you are going to sledge us you need to come up with new material, don’t pinch ours.
Mark

Theram here, in Owensboro Kentucky, ( no. central). Biking for near 50 yrs, just got my first Guzzi. Not many around here. Mostly H-D and big 4 from Japan. The Norge gets lots of attention and comments, loving it and looking forward to many miles. Good site, has been very helpful. Thanks

Hi Steve, is that an 1100 sport you have? My bro sold his recently. I picked my Mk 4 Le Mans from Nelson on Tuesday and rode it home. Have an issue: 3rd gear seems shagged. Apart from that had a great ride home. My first Guzzi and I just love that big block V twin!!

I'm on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, just joined.
Don't yet own a Guzzi, yet, but do have a Laverda :D
Going to check out a V50 Monza in bits on the weekend.

Skye

Sdog said:
I'm on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, just joined.
Don't yet own a Guzzi, yet, but do have a Laverda :D
Going to check out a V50 Monza in bits on the weekend.

Skye

G'day Skye,

What model of Lav do you have? I used to have a SF3 prior to my Guzzi.

Hi Waz,
1978 3CL 1000, used to have an SF3 back in about 2001 ish.

Sdog said:
Hi Waz,
1978 3CL 1000, used to have an SF3 back in about 2001 ish.

I always liked the rawness of the 180 crank triples compared to the 120's.

I sold my SF3 in 2000 to a dude who I think lived around the Beenleigh area. I've been trying to track it down for the last couple of years with no luck. How long did you have yours?

Bought my SF3 from Coffs Harbour in I think 1997, think it was from North coast V twins?
A guy had traded the SF3 & a LAverda 500 Alpino in on a new 650 Laverda.
Bad move, the "new" Laverdas apparently have a habbit of exploding, bad cranks etc.
Sold mine to a guy in Melbourne who said he already had a few.
Then saw it in Just bikes a year later for twice the price I sold it for. :eek:

Chickened out of buying the Monza, in too many pieces.
If anyone has areally cheap Guzzi just lying around doing nothing, let me know :D

Don't be scared by the Monza. Great little bikes. PM me with the details please. I may be interested in another project.

I'm on the Sunshine Coast and have a Cali III sitting idle but it isn't "really" cheap.

Cheers

Hi , I joined in the other day. Soon I'll be skiddering in with an '85 V1000 SP 11.(when it arrives here)
Cool forum this far. Anyone got good input on the tyres I orta have . I'm an older rider but enjoy a good quick blast occasionally . No doubt Im going to require tyres within the next year , so any input will be helpful. 18" rear and 16" front , I understand on the SP 11.
What is a "Tonti" asks a Norton man? :roll:

Tonti is a type of frame, designed funnily enough by a guy called Leno Tonti.

As for tyres, the last set i tried on the leMans (same wheel setup as yours) were the Bridgestone BT45's. They are still on and lasting long so i'll stick with them now. Choices for the 18/16 combo are getting very limited, only two manufacturers now i think. The other being Michelin.

Thanks for that double.d.
Ive just posted an enquiry about the carbs and jetting for my bike. Are you able yto help me with that at all?
Regards Supaflee

Supaflee said:
Thanks for that double.d.
Ive just posted an enquiry about the carbs and jetting for my bike. Are you able yto help me with that at all?
Regards Supaflee

Sorry but im a dunce when it comes to carbs and jetting :S

Carbs and jets , electrics , breather , everything sorted beautifully.
Most / all of the problems are the result of a PO playing with things he knew nothing about , and wouldnt ask for help either .
This bike is incredable. Now she's running properly , she goes like the proverbial "Haunted Sh..house ".
Wow , Im thinking I should have had a Guzzi years ago , I just love this bugga.
Supaflee

Back