• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 V7

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
As reported in a different post, possible 10% increase in power.

Attachments

• V7-Scura-1.jpg
    V7-Scura-1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,547
  • V7-Scura-2.jpg
    V7-Scura-2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,547
  • V7C-2012-1.jpg
    V7C-2012-1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,547
  • V7C-2012-2.jpg
    V7C-2012-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,547
Don't like the all-matte-black: Too much Rat Bike in my eyes. :S
And the two tone is just too retro candy sweet. It just asks for a silly crome sissy back. :sick: Are they after female buyers?
I prefer the current color schemes. Guys like me could drive a whole design team nuts.

The cylinder cooling fins sure look rounder to me and that's a new rocker cover too. I like it :mrgreen:

Phang

To me the paint is immaterial.....it can always be changed! What I'm more interested in is the "possible 10% increase in power". Where did they find it and why the hell has it taken them this long to do it? The low output of the V7 has held back sales. Under the influence of press reports people who want retro style bikes seem to choose Bonnevilles or W650 / W800 because they think the Guzzi isn't powerful enough even if it's lighter & nimbler.
I wonder if they've done anything to improve the gearbox? It's OK if you're used to Guzzis but it is a bit long in the tooth now and one thing that everyone comments on when they ride my Griso is how much better the gearbox is compared to old Guzzis.

Mi_ka said:
And the two tone is just too retro candy sweet. Are they after female buyers

Conteacher said:
The Two Tone needs a contrasting stripe across the top of the tank. Green maybe?

Oh the irony :lol:

Come on guys, we're just as concerned about the right colours as the ladies.
:laugh:

Well, the problem is that I am trying to convince a lady friend of mine to get the V7 but she would never buy such a cute colored bike since she prefers... gals instead of guys... :lol:

Am I the only one that didnt really like the duel color? its too much like the Bonneville may be? the 10% hp increase sounds nice but it is only 5 hps, I guess we will have to wait to see how the real thing turns out. the only real plus to me compare to the current V7 is the steel tank. hopefully we can see a real performance upgrade on the new V7 racer (70 to 80 hp will be nice)

Hi,
WHY said:
Am I the only one that didnt really like the duel color? its too much like the Bonneville may be? the 10% hp increase sounds nice but it is only 5 hps, I guess we will have to wait to see how the real thing turns out. the only real plus to me compare to the current V7 is the steel tank. hopefully we can see a real performance upgrade on the new V7 racer (70 to 80 hp will be nice)
You're right.
Guzzi should make a real V7, not "a pussy" V7 with 52 HP.
Or... better... one with the 1200 8v engine... that's real power!
When you're riding your V7, others will see you being proud driving by for 5 minutes or so.
With that 110 HP, they see you for 5 seconds, burning rubber or with a giant wheely...
Guzzi, build a cafe racer style bike with raw power!
Joe bar style, that's the way to live your life...

And have a little drive with some friends...

Ad B

Attachments

• EdGaz.jpg
    EdGaz.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,044
  • VMaxGaz.jpg
    VMaxGaz.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,044
  • jbtBourre.jpg
    jbtBourre.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,044
I have said elsewhere that I reckon under those new rocker covers will be completely new 4V heads. Also nobody has picked up on the single throttle body design as used on the prototype 'Nuovo Cali'. My guess is that the comparatively meagre power increase is respectfull of the abilities of the clutch and gearbox to handle much more, (Remember the unit was originally designed for the V35 and V50 of thirty years ago!) BUT the use of the single TB and if we're lucky we'll get 'Ride By Wire' as well, should make for a weet, easy to ride and a dream to service little bike!

If I'm right it will be yet another indicator to me that the Gnomes of Noale are going the right way!!!! :cool: . Corn Cob pipists will have pink fits!!!! Good on 'em! :lol: Now if we can just get 'em to re-invent the Ippogriffo we'll be set!!!!

Pete

Single throttle bodies (TB) would be a step backward. Single TBs are cheaper to make, easier to set up, and make the engine respond more slowly (good for beginners). Duel TBs are more expensive, give you faster throttle response, and increase torque and hp.

It's like comparing a single carb engine, to one with carbs for each cylinder.

I am open to other opinions, but that's my take on this.

Ad B said:

Clearly a fundamental misunderstanding of what riding bikes are all about.
Perhaps for you it's about bragging big numbers at the pub car park /

Ad B said:

Actually it's not.
110 BHP is very modest for a 1200.
So what do you say to the Hayabusa owner who say's you're bike couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.
Get my drift.

Apart from anything else the 1200 big block motor is totally incompatible with the smallblock driveline. Even if you could physically fit it into the smallblock frame it would ust the gearbox in a trice, torch the clutch, smash up the bevelboxand tie the cycleparts in knots!

I'll be very interested to ride one of the 'Nuovo Smallblocks' as a lot of the things that appear to have been done to it tick all the right boxes for a LOT of customers. Simple design with a linear power delivery with an emphasis on torque rather than outright power. It's EXACTLY what a lot of older, 'Weekend Rider' types want. Throw in some 'Retro' styling so it appeals to those stuck in a time-warp and they should sell by the container load!!! Look at Triumph's success with its 'Retro' twins. I think they are horrid but they obviously push the right buttons for some. It's like the V7 Racer. I really think its vile but Guzzi cant make enough of them! Weird!?!?!

Pete

So once more I have to propose the Turbonique rocket propelled differential to be made as an official add-on accessory by Guzzi. Just on smaller scale. No extra stress on transmission or engine !
Easy use particularly for a novice: You just press the button and blast away in huge burnout.
A V7 purring along like a pussycat and transforming into a lion on demand.
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2008/03/medium_Turbonique-Rocket-Drag-Axle.jpg
So everybody would be happy.
Low survival rates might harm business though...

Hi Sandy
sandy said:
Ad B said:
Clearly a fundamental misunderstanding of what riding bikes are all about.
Perhaps for you it's about bragging big numbers at the pub car park /
Ad B said:
Actually it's not.
110 BHP is very modest for a 1200.
So what do you say to the Hayabusa owner who say's you're bike couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.
Get my drift.
Sorry, I don't know what driving motorbike is all about :angry: , after... :ugeek: mmm, 34 years driving.
25 years all seasons, no car and car driving license.
If I wanted to have a very fast, light and agile bike I would have bought a BMW S1000RR...
Having nearly 200 Hp and 178 kg weight, I drove one two weeks back.
But no, I chose a bike with a character. A bike who is letting me know who he is.
A bike with a bite, who's not everybody's friend. A bike you've got to love. :*
MY opinion of a well proportioned naked bike, a cafe racer has to be a bit brute, must have balls,
must have power of at least 80 Hp and real twin torque B). 47 HP or 52 Hp are toys.
I've been driving also a tiny bike, a Yamaha SR 500. That's just a tiny toy for very small country roads, nothing else.
But it has "pusy"power. Still nice to drive, to have fun with. On small bends, small roundabouts... and so on...
But driving on my Griso on European country roads, I'm faster, enjoying his power and torque much, much more.
Sometimes wheelying out the corners, accelerating towards 160-190 km/h (100-120 Mph) (80 Km is speed max...).
Most of the time I drive normal speeds... 80-110 km/h (50-70 mph) :whistle:
Other people are always allowed to go faster than me, Hayabusas also... no problem. ;)

By the way... you go "bragging" with your friends about not too much power, save driving and wearing yellow safetyclothing. I will take another cup of coffee :p, the beer(strong Belgium) I'll take it at home.

There is nothing wrong with the relatively lower power that the current V7 Classic series churn out.

IMHO, Guzzi put the wrong names on them. It will sound more ear soothing if Guzzi name them Breva 750 Classic, Breva 750 Café and Breva 750 Racer… :lol:

Phang

WHY said:

would be :mrgreen:

Back