• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Ago V100 Header System

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Ago is now offering a high-flow big bore header and Y-pipe.
As a note, if I ever build one, I would NOT put the trans mount on mine. It's not needed when the boat anchor hot-box is removed.

The bulk of the pre-muffler/cat-con is that colostomy box below the trans, causing all of the bolt/stud failures.

Hi Todd. I communicated this morning with GTM by email asking about a complete--headers/muffler system--. Not sure if it was you or an employee.
I need the system because five weeks ago my 10-month old Mandello S was hit (with me on it) by a 90 yo disoriented, lost, out-of-town lady making a sudden L turn from the R lane. She was Legally licensed (oh well).
The person at GTM said that the OEM system is probably not in stock anywhere in the "planet" and from what I read there is not a fueling solution yet for the Ago.
Can you or one of the experts in this forum suggest another brand?. Would it be bad to ride with bent heathers until I can get new ones (I ride approx 18,000 to 20,000 mls a year)?---Other than basic maintenance I have no clue about mechanics. Thank you very much for your thoughts guys.

Hi Todd. I communicated this morning with GTM by email asking about a complete--headers/muffler system--. Not sure if it was you or an employee.
I need the system because five weeks ago my 10-month old Mandello S was hit (with me on it) by a 90 yo disoriented, lost, out-of-town lady making a sudden L turn from the R lane. She was Legally licensed (oh well).
You guys sure do make me work really hard. I already answered you via email, but I'll type it all again here. None of the OEM system is showing stock with any of my global resources. I am not aware of any other brand making headers. I'm sure someone here will prove me wrong and hyperlink it - NOT OK.
Depending on how damaged the headers are, it might be OK to ride for a short while provided no leaks and that they aren't heavily restricted. My bet is if they're damaged, they'll leak. I linked the video to you below privately, but I'll post on this thread too for those who like sound below.

You guys sure do make me work really hard. I already answered you via email, but I'll type it all again here. None of the stock system is not showing stock with any of my global resources. I am not aware of any other brand making headers. I'm sure someone here will prove me wrong and hyperlink it - NOT OK.
Depending on how damaged the headers are, it might be OK to ride for a short while provided no leaks and that they aren't heavily restricted. My bet is if they're damaged, they'll leak. I linked the video to you below privately, but I'll post on this thread too for those who like sound below.

Thank you for your consideration Todd. I also wanted to hear other expert's opinions.

In case you want to know what this looks like up close, here is mine.

It is an exceptionally well made piece. Actually 5 separate pieces. 👌👍😄 It does not utilize slit cut end pieces nor clamps to keep the pipes together. It just uses very precise slip joints and spring hooks. The pieces mate together perfectly.

The central mounting point is still there and I intend to use it as designed.

The entire pipe set is a fraction of weight of the OEM system. When I change it out, I will weigh them and post the info.

IMG 4027

IMG 4028

IMG 4010 IMG 4009 IMG 4008 IMG 4007 IMG 4006 IMG 4004 IMG 4003 IMG 4002

Last edited:
I presume this rather splendid system has no cat? Looks awesome
Correct, no cat. We look forward to having access the the ECU map one day soon-ish.

Correct, no cat. We look forward to having access the the ECU map one day soon-ish.

Curiosity mostly, why would you need access to the ECU after installing the Ago header system? The stock system doesn't look poorly designed as far as its flow characteristics would be concerned. It's routed cleanly and is of adequate diameter for the displacement. The stock fueling is flawless with no flat spots, lurching or flameouts. I don't see a downstream exhaust sniffer so the ECU wouldn't know it's not there. Would the removal of the cat, while keeping the stock silencer disturb/enhance the flow characteristics enough that we would have fueling issues or worse yet, trip the MIL? Has anyone installed an Ago system on an otherwise stock bike and if so, what happened?

I ask because I have two pretty new bikes that, out of the box had vastly different fueling pleasantness. My 2017 Suzuki SV650 was perfectly fueled out the door and even after I added a full M4 system, it didn't need a tune or trip an MIL. In fact, I bought a tune box which promptly did trigger an MIL and provided no performance improvement. My second expirience is with a 2022 Indian FTR1200. It suffered from appalling fueling issues and needed a re-flash to run acceptably. I kept the stock exhaust with the cat box and the shop which provided the tune indicated that if I change to an aftermarket / non cat box system, I would need to get the next level tune. The FTR exhaust is pretty twisted and of small diameter so I could see where an exhaust change, in addition to the poor fueling to begin with would necessitate a re-working of the fuel map.

Curiosity mostly, why would you need access to the ECU after installing the Ago header system?
You’re new here, so read the link below.

Back