RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Air Box mod and/or Fuel Remap

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Dtr20, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dtr20

Dtr20 Just got it firing!

I have a 2016 Audace and I have been reading a lot on the forums lately. I am thinking about remapping the ECU at some point in time, just need to save some money first since I just bought this bike and some accessories. The air box mod looks easy to do, but should I do the air box mod only if I remap the ECU or will the bike get an improvement regardless? I am not sure if I am going to buy an exhaust kit or not, the options for my bike are all very pricey compared to other bikes (that I have noticed). I was trying to see if anyone has modded the stock exhaust to just make it a little deeper, but haven't come across anything.

I am new to the Moto Guzzi brand. I am coming from a 2003 Honda Magna 750 V4. I love riding this bike, but it is completely different than I am used to. Because of this, I am not really sure what to expect with the ECU remap. It just seems like more power and smoother throttle response (not that this is a bad thing, just trying to understand). Any additional insight will be appreciated.

2. stephenm

stephenm Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Welcome. I have a 2013 Touring. I have the Guzzitech reflash, PC-V and AT-300 fueling upgrade, open airbox mod and the full GT-Rx exhaust system, headers and mufflers. This adds up to serious money, but the bike is transformed. The stock bike with original pipes was so bland I wondered why I had bought it. (I had fond memories from my younger days of a Ducati Darmah with Conti exhausts...that was my benchmark for sound and feel.) The bike has significantly improved punch now, and the sound is glorious. Todd has fine tuned the fueling (each service, I send the trim table for review) and the power is smooth and clean. I do not believe it is possible to modify the stock mufflers unless you are equipped to cut them open and reeled them. Opening up the airbox by itself is likely to add to the induction noise, but not much else.

Stephen

Robert Gibson likes this.