• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva/Norge/Sport - Bar Risers de Oz

Re:A new Shed project!

some sort of riser set up. that would be nice. something not too tall.

Well Monday was a disaster, went riding over Easter and it poured down on the way home - not that that is in itself a problem I actually like riding in teh rain, but the bike did not fair so well..... so my mind on Monday was on other things..

Anyway I decided to get to and add some farkles to the CNC Mill setup..

First was on board, automatic coolant delivery.

Next automatic Tool Length Offset compensation (those what know machinng will nod knowingly).

So then the setup looked like this. The calculator is the important bit as I failed rithmetix at school...

And today we set to work to finish the prototype version IIIb.

[video type=youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3jPeEmIY9g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3jPeEmIY9g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/video]

Which resulted in this piece of artwork - not bad even if I do say so meself B)

And here is another picture, just because I am so bloody proud of how they turned out!

So Ladies, Gentlemen and Guzzisti all I give you - The Breva/Norge Bar Riser system de Oz.

With adjustable height to the individuals requirements in (about) 10mm increments.

Re:Breva/Norge Bar Risers de Oz

The larger base can be installed without the individual side risers and give a nice farkled logo below the instruments and minimum raise - at the moment about 8.6mm but that may change as I refine the system.

This also adds a central 6mm threaded hole for a GPS mount on the extended "skirt" that covers some of the ugly gap between the triple clamp and the front of the tank, in the pics it is not threaded yet - I use a Techmount stem mount and it will be modified to go here, simply by changing the supplied strange imperial Yankee bolt to a nice metric one.

Then you can add the individual side risers in a stack as many high as you like - each adding about another 8-9mm height. We could of course make these any height we like, but standard is good!

Then we add the logo, three are planned. The generic one you see in the movie, then one that adds under the words Moto Guzzi (or instead off - anything is possible) "Breva V1100" or "V1200" as the case may be and than another that says "Norge 1200". Of course if you want to pay enough money into my Swiss bank account I will be happy to put any image you like on it..

But all that is yet to come - tomorrow I will do a fit on the bike to see how it looks!

René was very close, but Xenarchi gets the gong for guessing right. Me thinks he's got a good memory as on the old old old old board I remember mentioning that a risers system was on the drawing board in the Shed :p

Those that are observant might have noticed a South African accent saying something like "it's machinig a bit deep" at the end of the video, and so I have to at this point admit that I have had a LOT of help getting to this point by Mr Craig from Sith Africa who has just emigrated to Oz at Christmas and has just been kicked out of his temporary home and who's wife is about to have their first "peanut" as he puts it, and whom I met through our mutual love affair with offroad adventure riding and ADVrider - THANKS CRAIG!

So that I don't have to call him every ten minutes when trying to make the next bits I have ordered three big fat books on CNC machining and MasterCam whic is the software that we use to make the Tool Paths - again those what know machiinng will nod knowingly... and for their benefit the mill is running Desk CNC from Carken and Solidworks is the prefered CAD weapon...

Cheers

I actually thought about something for on the triple clamp, but the holes didn't seem to match up. Just this morning I thought I'd check if this could become something to hold the Breva headlight...

I do have a nagging suspicion (but you must have checked that?!) that installing one of these would block the ignition key on the Norge?

The ugly gap between triple clamp and tank... Man, you should spend more time *on* the bike rather than next to it!! I'm 1m89 tall, but I can't say that much of said gap is visible once I'm saddled and wearing my helmet and all!!

RJVB wrote:
I do have a nagging suspicion (but you must have checked that?!) that installing one of these would block the ignition key on the Norge?

Erm actually no!!! I assumed the Norge key is in the same place as the Breva - oh dear!

care to post a pic for me?

EDIT - I just had a squizz at some Norge pics on the web and while not very clear it actually does look like the key is in the same place as the B. Of course you would have to remove the plastic cover, but that gets replaced with a seriously good looking farkled logo :)

Oh and BTW the eagle eyed might have noticed that the larger plate does not have the step to accomodate the step in the OEM bars - this has already been changed and now all the parts will have the step in them, so you can fit the single plate or the risers and not get a big gap where the step is on the bars.

Mike.C wrote:
Next automatic Tool Length Offset compensation (those what know machinng will nod knowingly).
IMG_0003.jpg

the rest of us shake our heads bemused and confused!

But the final product looks real trick. Congrats on an excellent job.

Rob

Don't have my Norge here, but I extracted a drawing from the manual: .

For more clarity, you may DL the TomTom installation instructions from the servicemotoguzzi server; IIRC it has photos or drawings of the cover plate that may tell you more.

It'd make sense if the layout was the same, but then again, it's been too long since anyone beat any sense into poor Luigi ;)

Nice one Mike, that sure beats my pile of washers under each stock riser! :laugh:
I'm having something made which is similar to the moto int riser blocks, but that has to wait till the machinist has finished his "proper" work.

How much would you be asking for your version????
I can see they will be in demand.

Roblatt wrote:
Mike.C wrote:
IMG_0003.jpg

the rest of us shake our heads bemused and confused!

This is a device which allows you to zero your vertical axis (normally Z-axis).

The copper colored mushroom top is spring loaded

You bring your cutting tool down (with spindles turned off) until it touches the mushroom, and a light on the device will come on.

The device has a known thickness. Say for example 1 inch.

So once you've brought the tool down, and it lights up, you can tell the machine that this tool is 1 inch above the work surface.

Now the machine knows where the cutting tool is, in relation to the part to be machined, at least for the vertical axis.

And there are other devices which aid you in setting up your X & Y-axis

See told you that those wot know mahining will nod knowingly :)

But this little bugger goes one step further - it is connected into the controller and when it senses the tool tip touching it it sets the TLO in the machine control software automatically.. I failed maths, so any help from the pooter is good - and anyway I am fundamentaly lazy so if the gizzmo can put the numbers in for me - all the better :cheer:

Back