RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we are in the crazy times for orders. Lead times are long, so we can't do much to rush things. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (mainly August), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and also, we aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and/or post on the Forum before starting a new topic, and as a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

Confirmed fitting aftermarket headlight bucket?

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by archercc, Jan 11, 2019.

1. archercc

archercc Tuned and Synch'ed

So I was running a rivera primo headlight in my stock bucket with a bracket I made. Unfortunately not being properly supported by the shitty plastic bucket the vibrations eventually broke a portion of my bracket. So now I am stuck back on the halogen.

I figured/hoped I could just find a side-mount 7" lens housing that is using the standard that everyone else uses that Guzzi apparently thought they new better than but I am struggling to find one that fits right. Sometimes too deep but almost always too wide to fit in the mounting bracket. Most just have the holes in the side of the housing but the stock one the mating surface is set in slightly so everything ends up being about 1/4" too wide.

If someone has put an aftermarket bucket on their Griso successfully Id love to know what brand/source of bucket you have. Just looking one that has the 3 tab receiving ring, like Harley/Triumph/Everyone else uses.

2. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Here is a bucket/light combo that all you need is a couple spacers. It's pricey but it works.

kosonorthamerica.com/shop/motorcycle-mx/thunderbolt-led-headlight/

Don't know if it's been mentioned here or what.

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

4. archercc

So for the sake of anyone else this is what I ended up with.

I already had the Rivera Primo 7" headlight, I bought it on the recommendation of a buddy running it on his RNineT. But really any 7" LED drop-in for Harley, Triumph, Ducati, etc. Basically anyone who uses that metal round headlight bucket.

Tried a bunch of those side-mount housings but most didnt work because the spacing for the bolts was too wide, guzzi even went non-standard with that. It does sit a BIT farther back than stock but nothing like what I saw in the self-contained units. If it werent for the flyscreen you wouldnt even know. Certainly not enough to bother me

The motodemic "low profile" one did work though, although barely, Its about a MM too wide but you can muscle it in.
    motodemic.com/shop/low-profile-headlight-bucket/

Its low profile enough to have plenty of room behind but it does it at the cost of housing the plug itself, so just make sure whatever you put in it is weatherproof. Its an open back. On the plus side the shape of the back is largely flat so there is a LOT of extra space in there. I was able to preserve the factory wiring the whole way. Just disassembled the turn signals and use the male spades on the end to connect to female spades I hooked up to the LEDs and resistors and I even used the factory wiring loom from inside the headlight, just unclipped it from the headlight, plugged it in and put the H4 plug directly into my LED. Then crammed ALL of that inside the headlight housing, plenty of room.

I need to find a better looking screw to hold the flyscreen in place and Im gonna cram a ton of dielectric in those plugs to make sure I dont get any funny business since I ride year round. Probably supplement the turns with some bar ends too. They are bright but I question their effectiveness so close to the headlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So glad to have that headlight back in. Its as bright as like the brightest spot from the stock one but across an entire 120 degree range. And a really sharp cutoff.

Bill Hagan and john zibell like this.
  5. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    I avoid all of those issues by not riding at night. :giggle:

Seriously, the OEM bucket is a bean counter's dream: an initial POS that co$t$ lot$ to replace. :swear:

Mine went south went I installed the (OEM; hmmmmm) w/s. Let's just say the fit was not up to a Third World space program specs. :banghead:

Anyway, gave that w/s away, bit the stick and bought a new stock bucket, installed the Dart as you have -- which fit perfectly -- and all is well.

I do try to avoid riding at night and the shorter days in winter, temps, and road treatments up here at the top of Virginia do make riding year 'round problematic ... and (almost) make miss living in Atlanta.;)

Love the roads up here, but 12-month riding? Not.

Bill

6. hhkiwi

hhkiwi Tuned and Synch'ed

Is anyone aware of a reasonably-priced and -working LED headlight insert (preferably with an e-mark) that fits into a Griso stock bucket without the need for custom brackets and such?

7. archercc

Nope. Because Guzzi decided to reinvent the wheel when making the housing and its like nothing anyone else uses. Everyone makes their LED conversions for the industry standard 7" headlight housing used by literally EVERYONE else. Thats really the whole point of this thread. For the past couple of years I was looking for a real upgrade (beyond just a poorly engineered LED in the wrong type of lens). I couldnt find anything that would go in the stock setup.

So your choice is one of those self-contained units that just hang out there visible or to get a replacement housing that converts the guzzi back to a standard you can use, then you can buy anyones LED unit.

hhkiwi likes this.