• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

First Rides on the Eldorado

Eldo1400

Cruisin' Guzzisti
A brief ride report:

My first ride on the Eldorado! Second Guzzi ride ever, first cruiser I've ever owned. Unfortunately there was tons of traffic all the way from the Marina to Malibu, over the canyon and down the freeway. So, this is a "riding in traffic" review. I'm still getting used to the size of the bike so I didn't split lanes. I was just another schmuck stuck in traffic.

I have to say I "get" why people like heavy cruisers. Our roads are TERRIBLY maintained these days, full of potholes. Yet, the big Guzzi was unflappable. Pavement horrors that would have had me bouncing two inches off the seat normally were nothing on this majestic beast. The gusting winds in the canyon failed to upset the bike, and overall the cop windshield worked very nicely.

The clutch is perfect on this bike. Not too hard to hold in, smooth travel nice bite. No threat of stalling. Also, the gearbox is amazing. Smooth. Easy to find neutral at lights. Quick shifting at 5,500 RPM it was like any of my Japanese bikes, (precision-wise if a bit more noisy). Really amazing.

Also, the brakes are every bit as good as they look! As good as my FZ1. Just beautiful braking feel and stopping power. Not a lot of initial bite, but I like that on this big bike.

OK, this is a boring review. Hey, I was stuck in traffic! But the big takeaway was that there was no drama. This bike is comfortable and incredibly easy to ride. Town and freeway. Get it rolling and it smoothes right out. I didn't feel much vibration at any speed.

I briefly got up some speed in the twisties. Takes a bit of muscle to flick it side to side -- but you can flick it side to side. Cornered as if on rails. Really likes sweepers. Super smooth. Unflappable, really. On the freeway it was a rock, like sitting in a comfortable chair at 85 mph (briefly, between crawling traffic episodes). I could easily put in some long, long days on this bike, and I intend to.

2nd Ride:

Went out again this morning, empty streets. Now I got to move a bit. Though the bike pulls well from low RPM it's happiest, and I'm happiest, higher in the rev range. The engine comes alive, the whole bike does. Really had some fun riding it. The big bruiser likes to be tossed around a bit. It's still a heavy cruiser, of course, but so well composed it's confidence-inspiring. Rough pavement at speed put me in mind for some better shocks, and maybe some front end work. Nothing horrible was happening, but there's room for improvement.

Could definitely use some more Guzzi music. Wish list: Re-map, full exhaust, better shocks.

Guzzi Back SML

Picked up an Eldo about 6 weeks ago, all you say is spot on. Sure is a great bike! We might just run into each other out in the Bu!

Harry, when that happens we'll be the only Eldorados in the neighborhood/zip code/voting district.

Thanks, Todd, you have some tempting gear in the store, especially the exhaust. And the shocks. And the re-map services.

Back