• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

G11-003 map.

I just contacted my local dealer (which is being featured in another thread here) for this upgraded map and was told by the head service tech that "there is no 03 map for for the G11"....That who ever is installing these are installing maps for newer models on older bikes.. I don't believe this for one minute, but the scary thing is i'm about to entrust my griso to a service tech that believes you guy's have got it wrong....What sucks about this is, i was glad to see that my dealer/service garage stay in the same town, albeit under new ownership, now i'm not so sure!!!! Looks like i've got to start looking for a new service guy who stays up to date anyway, which seem to be few and far between.....

i think most service guys take stupid pills every morning before they head off to work.

this is one of the hundreds of reasons i have discouraged a couple of riding buddys from buying guzzi.

Shame really, always felt i was getting good service there.....Never mind time to start looking.....

Spaceclam said:
i think most service guys take stupid pills every morning before they head off to work.

this is one of the hundreds of reasons i have discouraged a couple of riding buddys from buying guzzi.

Why discourage new Guzzi riders? If we get more riders, we may be able to get good dealers. We need more of both riders and good dealers for the marque to survive. As for good dealers, they are out there, for the not so good, work to educate them. If they are really bad, they will go out of business for not supporting the customer base, but if there aren't enough riders out there, there isn't any incentive to open a new dealership. It is a frustrating cycle, kind of like the chicken and the egg. There are good dealers out there, and riders will seek them out when the need arises. I only lived close to a dealer once for a couple years, since then it has always been over a hundred miles just to any dealer. Currently there isn't even a dealer in Alabama, or Tennessee (Destination is shall we say on the fence on that issue so I don't count them) so be glad you have some in the area.

There is always the outside chance that the bad dealer can be educated. As long as the bad dealers get better, and the good ones don't get worse, it's a win, win, situation.

I always thought i had a good one and was first to champion my local dealer. But, after my conversation a few days ago where i was told by the tech that no new "03 map" was available and that everybody else was installing the wrong maps on the wrong bikes, i had to re:think my where my loyalties stand....

Needless to say i'm now in search of a new dealer/tech......

guzzimark said:
I always thought i had a good one and was first to champion my local dealer. But, after my conversation a few days ago where i was told by the tech that no new "03 map" was available and that everybody else was installing the wrong maps on the wrong bikes, i had to re:think my where my loyalties stand....

Needless to say i'm now in search of a new dealer/tech......

Wrong map on wrong bike? From what I have seen of the Axone, that is just about impossible. Perhaps the service technician needs an update. PM me with the necessary information and I'll see if I can get someone from MGNA can bring him up to speed.

I don't understand why anyone who is a Guzzi rider would discourage someone else from buying a Guzzi. I can see where you would want to be honest about it and point out the few cons in owning a Guzzi, but I would also include the many pros of Guzzi ownership in that discussion. Guzzi ownership is not for everyone. Some people expect their motorcycle to be flawless and possibly indestructible. Those people I would rather not see buying a Guzzi because they are just going to be disappointed with whatever they buy. And I would rather that disappointment was not a Guzzi. And somepeople are more interested in owning the latest in technology, those people are not going to want a Guzzi. But that should be their decision, not mine. Educate people in what Guzzis are, they are beautiful Italian bikes without the high maintenance of a Ducati. I think of them (please don't stone me) as the Italian version of Harley, except they are built to be ridden not worn (yes I stole that line).

Emailed Piaggio group re: the o3 map. Included a quote from somebody who had had the upgrade

Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:51 PM
To: CustomerCare
Subject: 07 griso maps

Hi, have a question on my 07 Griso mapping.... Been reading the forums re: map up grades and have seen dealers through out the US/world talking about the "03 map" upgrade for the 1100 Griso.... Contacted my local dealer about calling in and having it installed.... He tells me there is no "03" upgrade for the Griso 1100 and that people are putting the wrong maps for newer bikes mistakenly in the older models....

Just wanted to clarify is there or is there not an upgraded map for the 07 1100 Griso called the "03 map". Have attached just one comment on the upgrade, but there are dozens out there..

Many thanks,

Mark R....

(Re: G11-003 map.
by Porterhouse » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:13 pm

I just had my GRiSO updated with the new map this evening. Very noticeable improvement on the fuel delivery. Much more smooth and refined power delivery. As Pete already said, the popping of the exhaust on overrun has been virtually eliminated.

My ride was limited to the trip home from MI during Seattle rush hour traffic, so I didn't have the chance to really wring it out. I'll give it a better test on my ride out to Guzzi Breakfast tomorrow morning and report back here. First impression is excellent though. I would suggest this update to all GRiSO 1100 owners out there.

For reference, the only mod on my bike right now is a Quat-D slip on. I have an unmounted PC-V and an air box rim on the way. Stay tuned for phase in of those items.

SD)

This is the reply back:-

There were no issued updates. If you are experiencing problems with your vehicle please contact your dealer to set up appointment and contact Piaggio Customer Care at customercare@piaggiogroupusa.com with the appointment date, the VIN number, name of the dealership, and contact person at dealership. Our technical team will be able to work with your dealer to help diagnose the problem.

Best regards,

Customer Care

Piaggio Group Americas, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now who knows if there's an upgrade or not......

WTF?

That just seems fishy to me. The update exists. It was obtained via the Axone through the standard channels by the good folks at Moto International. They have updated my GRiSO 1100 and several others in the Seattle area. My bike runs better because of it. If it were a map for a different motor/ecu I would expect that the bike wouldn't run at all. Futhermore, the Axone device would be incapable of uploading the wrong map to the bike as it recognizes the bike model and only offers what is available for that bike.

Where is the disconnect here?

When Pete Roper first started this discussion, I called Micha at Moto International the next morning asking if he knew about the new map. He told me that he was downloading it to the Axone as we spoke, and that it would be available to me at my convenience.

So here are tangible facts:

1. The map exists and is available to the Axone device.

2. The map has been uploaded to my 2007 GRiSO 1100 motorcycle.

3. My motorcycle runs much better than it did before.

Something smells rotten in Denmark…

Hey Porterhouse, i actually added your quote as an example when contacting Piaggio....Hope you don't mind...

The info i've come across here seems to be that the 03 map is available, but not globaly. Certain juristictions don't want to mandate the use of this new map (California being one of them). Which is probably why our local dealers are saying no to the updates, this seems to clear the air as to why they didn't know of these upgrades.

That being said, i'm not sure i'd take the new map even if it's available to me. After 18mths of experimenting with stepper motor shut off, Fat Duc, smog on, smog off, i'm actually at a point where i feel it's run great (or maybe i've just got used to it). Poppings almost 100% gone, nice and smooth down low, have never really experinced the pinging i've heard talk of. But, i have nothing to compare it too, so i could be wrong...

The map definitely makes the Griso 1100 run better, I have downloaded it in 3 Grisos and they ran great.
The 03 map was put into bone stock bikes, but what a difference in drive-ability, smoother fuel delivery, no more decel poping.
In my opinion, customer care are not techs, they are public relations, and the whole bunch do not like people on forums.

I propose we re-categorize the Piaggio 'Customer Care' dickheads from 'Public Relations' to
'Public Alienation'.

Much more truthful, that.

Oh and BTW, doesn't Piaggio know who each and every one of us are?
Why aren't they advising us of the existence of the map and inviting us to come n git it?
This is a seriously incompetent organization.

Guzzimark, come on up to Santa Barbara and i'll hook ya up. Just did a Breva that had the same pinging,re-mapped him(he rode up from Acton) and he said it runs bitchin'. :D i ahve both the Axone and the Navigator...and the skills to use them :p

Yesterday went to see Guzzi Steve in Fairburn,installed new g11 03 map.Runs great, idles smooth Im running fat duc open mistral
no vapor canister,stepper switch off on.Had no time to tune any on fat duc with new map,rained on me all the way home and today
is still raining.When weather is better will try to post more results but seems to be pretty good.Only took about 15 minutes.
Mell in Norcross Georgia

That's pretty much exactly setup i'm running....Even with the 03 map, you still need the Fat Duc? I was hoping the new map would eliminate the use of the Fat Duc..Let me know how you get on....

Mark it may or may not,have been running the fat duc quite a while with good results.I will be experimenting both ways to see what works best.Will post as new info is availble.
Mell

Back