• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Got mine today

mark1960

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I picked up my Stelvio today. It was such a pleasure to drive it home. The enduro style bike and riding position suits me well. Like the 2 Triumph Tigers I had before the Breva1100. It was like coming home. I loved the Breva and the Guzzi experience. Now I can have my cake and eat it. The bike was adverised with matching white panniers,hugger,and engine bars. But the non Guzzi dealer I bought it off obviously did not know it had Guzzi heated grips fitted as they were not listed on the accessories on the sales blurb....result. When I got home I put in a personal code and switched off the service icon. I also fitted the taller screen I got from Teo Lamers at 6'-4" I have fitted taller screens to every bike I have had,including the Breva so I ordered this one before I picked the bike up.

Thanks to this forum I could give the bike a good going over and looked from known faults eg split shaft gaiters, cracked forks at the pinch bolts etc. The bike was 'serviced' by the dealer.But as he is a Honda dealer I am going to book it in with a Guzzi dealer for a going over and diagnostics. It is still under warranty until Sept 2010.

I put the seat on its highest setting. Those bolts are a bit fiddly aren't they. The battery cables also look quite vulnerable to the seat brackets. I'll have to have a furtle and see what I can do about them.

Overall quite chuffed. Took a very long way home from the dealers on a mixture of A roads and motorway. Like it :D

Mark, see you are north Manchester, I'm south, got mine at Robinson in Rochdale, they do Guzzi, KTM etc. Which Honda dealer did you use?

What year is the bike, done about 300 miles on mine so far, getting thee hang of it.

Did you imply you had heated grips? Mine are pretty tame, heated gloves are better. I've also got the bars, hugger, bigger screen (mway speed + with visor up, comfy :D etc, the bit missing is a rear fender, like the GS's have, the road spray of the back wheel gets all over the top box.

I'd like to swap the end can but at £400 its a bit much.

Hello there. Got mine from Hunts in Burnage. You are right the heated grips are not exaclty feirce are they.I had Guzzi ones on the Breva and they were a lot hotter. I got my screen from Teo Lamers in Belgium. Really good service and the screen arrived in a couple of days. I had a look around the inside of the front of the 'tank' I can see the two connectors for the heated grips (in use) and the two connectors for the fog lights. But I can find the connector for the sat nav. Have you used yours ? I know from the wiring diagram that it has blue and green wires.
I went to Robinsons when they were a Triumph dealer for bits and bobs. My Stelvio originally came from Millenium they have the same owners as Robinsons now

mark1960 said:
Hello there. Got mine from Hunts in Burnage. You are right the heated grips are not exaclty feirce are they.I had Guzzi ones on the Breva and they were a lot hotter. I got my screen from Teo Lamers in Belgium. Really good service and the screen arrived in a couple of days. I had a look around the inside of the front of the 'tank' I can see the two connectors for the heated grips (in use) and the two connectors for the fog lights. But I can find the connector for the sat nav. Have you used yours ? I know from the wiring diagram that it has blue and green wires.
I went to Robinsons when they were a Triumph dealer for bits and bobs. My Stelvio originally came from Millenium they have the same owners as Robinsons now

Hunts are my local m/c dealer, about 4 miles up the road, had a transalp from them for 18 months and just got another to tinker with so they'll be getting some visits, they are usually quite helpful esp the spares dept (obv mainly Honda stuff).
Not deleved under the tank yet. Dealer put me a battery charge lead up to the bars so I can use that for the Sat Nav connection as well as charging.

Dave Dearden is the guy at Robinson that I dealt with, he was very good.

I might have a ride up to Robinsons and have a look around. I have not been there since they folded as a Triumph dealer.Have you had any work done there servicing etc.What do you think of them? I usually keep the battery topped up with an optimate plugged into the power socket under the seat.

mark1960 said:
I might have a ride up to Robinsons and have a look around. I have not been there since they folded as a Triumph dealer.Have you had any work done there servicing etc.What do you think of them? I usually keep the battery topped up with an optimate plugged into the power socket under the seat.

Not had any work done, they sent me a new speed sensor after the installed one failed, I changed it myself.
I just found the original sales bit very good, did p/x added a few bits, swapped some bits.

I did follow up on the poor heated grip performance but have since got some heated gloves, so have let it go.

Congrats Mark! Hope you can get it Registered under the 'Registry' tab above. If you have any problems with pictures, etc, send me a note direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Hope to see many more posts from you here, and again, welcome.

re: your heated grips. I've never been a fan, but having bought my Stelvio last August and ridden it (now about 5,500 miles) through the coldest winter in recent memory I'd recommend hand guards. A couple of weeks after I picked it up I had a parking spill , trying to ride up a curb, putting my foot down and finding air... and banana'd the clutch lever (£68.99). Almost no damage (phew!) but I accelerated the purchase of hand guards (£56.99) which turned out to be the best investment yet. Not only do they protect the levers, but with decent gloves they got me through the winter, warm-ish and dry fingers. Otherwise I am utterly obsessed with the thing. It's very flawed but without doubt the most satisfying bike I've owned in 40 years. Enjoy yours.

Campagman said:
Mark, see you are north Manchester, I'm south, got mine at Robinson in Rochdale, they do Guzzi, KTM etc. Which Honda dealer did you use?

What year is the bike, done about 300 miles on mine so far, getting thee hang of it.

Did you imply you had heated grips? Mine are pretty tame, heated gloves are better. I've also got the bars, hugger, bigger screen (mway speed + with visor up, comfy :D etc, the bit missing is a rear fender, like the GS's have, the road spray of the back wheel gets all over the top box.

I'd like to swap the end can but at £400 its a bit much.

I've just ordered a Quill end can - £200 inc vat. I had one on my Triumph Sprint ST 995, and it was the dog's bo**ocks. The power was well up with the 1050 and the sound... It's got a lifetime guarantee. By the way, I use Speedaway in Blackheath near Dudley. I like 'em. I'll do a post when I've fitted it and run it a while. Watch this space!

I've just ordered a Quill end can - £200 inc vat. I had one on my Triumph Sprint ST 995, and it was the dog's bo**ocks. The power was well up with the 1050 and the sound... It's got a lifetime guarantee. By the way, I use Speedaway in Blackheath near Dudley. I like 'em. I'll do a post when I've fitted it and run it a while. Watch this space!

Mark,
which Quill unit did you go for the Evo or T3 and in which finish- are you going to fit yourself?
Did you order on line or is it worth speaking with them.
They look good from the web site - they also offer a free dyno run when you purchase an end can.

The Quill cans look good and a bargain for around £200. I work a couple of miles from the factory, I'll pay them a visit and try to find out more info.

It's at Golborne. just off the A580 East Lancashire road. I work in Haydock so it's just up the road. The full address is on the website.

I ordered my Quill end can yesterday, EVO2 stainless steel with carbon end cap. I have arranged for free fitting and a free dyno run as well. I hope to have it sorted as soon as I get back form my holiday in July.
They are adamant that there is no need to alter fuelling, and with the baffle in it is street legal.

My Quill should arrive this week and I'll get it fitted at a mate's place in a couple of weeks. I'll post the fit and the results but I'm most interested in fatal's dyno results. As I said, the Quill I had on my Triumph 955 was brilliant and produced considerably more power. The Triumph pipe was a T3 but my Stelvio one's an oval Evo2.

Watch this space. And enjoy your holiday, fatal!

Guys, more important then the power numbers from the Dyno is the Air/fuel data. Be sure the Dyno operator shows you where the bike is fueling... not only at wide open throttle but in the normal areas you ride in, at speed. Post your results here.
If the dyno is a Dynojet dyno, take a memory stick and have them put all of the *.drf run files on it, and send to me.

notasweetman said:
My Quill should arrive this week and I'll get it fitted at a mate's place in a couple of weeks. I'll post the fit and the results but I'm most interested in fatal's dyno results. As I said, the Quill I had on my Triumph 955 was brilliant and produced considerably more power. The Triumph pipe was a T3 but my Stelvio one's an oval Evo2.

Watch this space. And enjoy your holiday, fatal!

Have you advised your insurance company?

I checked with mine and they wanted another 40 quid for a new end can - its a modification - that cover the next 10 months. Still not sure whether to go for it.

Back