• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Got mine today

Campagman said:
notasweetman said:
My Quill should arrive this week and I'll get it fitted at a mate's place in a couple of weeks. I'll post the fit and the results but I'm most interested in fatal's dyno results. As I said, the Quill I had on my Triumph 955 was brilliant and produced considerably more power. The Triumph pipe was a T3 but my Stelvio one's an oval Evo2.

Watch this space. And enjoy your holiday, fatal!

Have you advised your insurance company?

I checked with mine and they wanted another 40 quid for a new end can - its a modification - that cover the next 10 months. Still not sure whether to go for it.

I'm with carol nash insurance, over the years I have fitted aftermarket end cans to various bikes, each time I have e-mailed them to advise them of the fitting, no increase in premium asked for.
My Quill can is being fitted on Tuesday 13th July, I'm hoping for a before and after Dyno read out. Will post here with results ASAP.

I look forward to your dyno figures. My Evo 2 arrived 3 weeks ago, but with a griso link pipe!!!! I've been pestering them for the right one twice weekly since, but it's been "we're rushed off our feet - I'm doing yours right now - it'll be with you by the end of the week" for 3 weeks now. Tomorrow, or serious words with Quill. Pity, 'cos my last one was sooooo good!

notasweetman said:
I look forward to your dyno figures. My Evo 2 arrived 3 weeks ago, but with a griso link pipe!!!! I've been pestering them for the right one twice weekly since, but it's been "we're rushed off our feet - I'm doing yours right now - it'll be with you by the end of the week" for 3 weeks now. Tomorrow, or serious words with Quill. Pity, 'cos my last one was sooooo good!

Thats a poor attitude to take by them, I hope thats not typical of their way of treating customers, if I were the aggressive rufty tufty type I'd give 'em a slap for you and tell them to get their arses into gear when I go to get mine fitted. :)

Had an unexpected day off yesterday (Saturday) and with a rush of blood to the head I rang Quill to see if they could fit me in. Gleeful cries at their end as they were desperate to get a Stevio in and sort the link pipe for you, Fatal, and a couple of other customers on the way. 2 1/2 hours up the effin' M6 in the rain but worth it. They made the link pipe then and there, chromed and fitted it, then made another for a pattern. Dyno'd afterwards which showed perfect fuelling, a smooth bhp curve to 90 (rear wheel) at 6700 and an almost flat torque curve from 3500 (68f/p) to 6500 (72f/p). Didn't get the before dyno, so I'll be interested to hear of yours, if you get it done.

The result - brilliant sound. A real presence of a noise and awesome crackle on the over-run. Baffle out gives the same but deeper. More importantly there is much more grunt mid-range, so much so that 6th gear is now usable at any revs. On the way back down the M6 (downhill - easier) there's no need to change down to overtake - just roll the throttle on...

Worth the wait and the hassle. Get it done and spread the word!

It will be a few weeks before I get my Quill can fitted. Last sunday (11th july) whilst riding my BMW R100GS in the wilds of north wales I skidded on a patch of loose gravel and sustained several fractured ribs and multiple bruises to my legs and arms. Unable to contact any assistance as there was no phone signal as I was in a valley several miles away from the nearest main road, so with the assistance of my my pal I patched the bike up and somehow managed to ride it 90 miles home, must have been the adrenaline keeping me going. Now off work for a few weeks and feeling a bit sorry for myself. :(

Fatal, UGH. Perhaps a new screen name will change the karma? :huh:
Heal fast.

Fatal! OW!

Hope these pic cheer the recovery... By the by, does anyone have a Euro-spec standard Dyno?

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Image0069.jpg
    Image0069.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 228
  • Image0073.jpg
    Image0073.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Image0075.jpg
    Image0075.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 228
Thanks for the sentiments fellas, I now feel qualified to wear one of those 'Fat Bikers Bounce Better' Tee shirts. :D

Have a look back at my last. Pics have uploaded. I've seen 95 bhp elsewhere on the site, but with big dips halfway up the rev range. Mine's an '08 model without the airbox-cam mods. I reckon having such smooth BHP and torque curves makes mine more useable! And it's red. And therefore faster. :D

Great news there, glad to hear it helps smooth things out. My Stelvio is still at Millenium having the misfire sorted out, I dropped it off the day before I had my smash on the GS, just as well theres no rush as I'm in no fit state to ride.
I got a pal to drop off the NGk plug caps at their workshop last saturday, so hopefully it'll be ready soon for my pal to collect it for me. I reckon at least another two weeks before I can ride the guzzi over to Quill to have the exhaust fitted. :(

notasweetman said:
Have a look back at my last. Pics have uploaded. I've seen 95 bhp elsewhere on the site, but with big dips halfway up the rev range. Mine's an '08 model without the airbox-cam mods. I reckon having such smooth BHP and torque curves makes mine more useable! And it's red. And therefore faster. :D

So a week later and hopefully a few miles further on, how does it feel?

I could get poetic. Even with earplugs (going deaf) you can hear the crack under acceleration and the crackle as you shut off the throttle. There is a noticeable 'sit up and go' feeling when you wind it on in any gear. For me, the most noticeable difference is when doing block overtakes. I had been - not disappointed - but surprised at how much harder I had to work to take a queue of say 5-6 cars than on my old Triumph. Now the feeling is the same, and there is always more to be had if you need it and if you have the revs available!

The difference isn't dramatic - I'm not popping unexpected wheelies or anything like that, but it feels like I could. I'm just more confident that the bike has the power I need in any situation my riding calls for. I'm an IAM member - I don't race, but I do like to 'make progress' as well as the next man.

I think the dyno tells it all. The bhp and ft/lb curves are smooth enough, but I've never seen a fuel curve like it. I also like the way the fuel is richer through the mid-range and then leans off at top revs while still delivering plenty of power. No waste!

I guess you can tell I am pleased with the Quill. I'd be interested in other folks' opinions of other aftermarket pipes...

I'm glad to hear your pleased with it, I hope to get mine fitted in about two weeks or so.....as soon as my ribs have healed up. I'm so looking forward to the ride. Cheers, Alan.

notasweetman said:
I think the dyno tells it all. The bhp and ft/lb curves are smooth enough, but I've never seen a fuel curve like it. I also like the way the fuel is richer through the mid-range and then leans off at top revs while still delivering plenty of power. No waste!
It does... however, it is far from "perfect" - sorry to say. It starts lean, goes rich in the mid-range, then back lean again. You would see more gains on the graph if the fueling were perfect... there's a direct relationship between AFR and power (peaks and dips). If the graph were printed in normal page (letter), and not landscape, the dips would be more apparent in relation to the lean & rich areas. Also, from all of my dyno experience with these engines so far, wide open throttle is the least of your worries. Bottom and mid-throttle fueling is the danger zones. Just FYI.

When I get my can fitted I'll ask them to do a run on a mid throttle opening as well as full throttle. I assume that so long as the AFR doesn't lean out to more than about 1:14.7 things should be OK. :S

fatal said:
When I get my can fitted I'll ask them to do a run on a mid throttle opening as well as full throttle. I assume that so long as the AFR doesn't lean out to more than about 1:14.7 things should be OK. :S
Good, anything above 13.8:1 is too lean, I target 13.4 for cruise, and 13.2 for power.
I've seen Stelvio on the dyno hovering in the mid-16 to mid-17 AFR's. :blink:

Back