• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso 8V SE Tenni Exhaust

8VSE O-Ren Ishii

Tuned and Synch'ed
Need help all.

Simply - should I go ZARD or Termi exhaust! They both sound very nice online and I am partial to the Zard looks but Termi is not bad. I know very little else about them. Todd sells Zard and feels they are of very good quality and am inclined to go in that direction unless others can provide compelling reasons to go with Termignoni. Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed, the arguments for/against will be many and varied, if at all. Both will help your bike breathe. Go with your heart or your ear...

For the price of 1 Termi exhaust, you can have 2 Zards....simple decision for me...Zard + ECU reflash and you'll still have some spare $$ left.

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Need help all.

Simply - should I go ZARD or Termi exhaust! They both sound very nice online and I am partial to the Zard looks but Termi is not bad. I know very little else about them. Todd sells Zard and feels they are of very good quality and am inclined to go in that direction unless others can provide compelling reasons to go with Termignoni. Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Ed

I would want to know which, if either, require a further investment in ECU mods in order for the bike to run properly.

Thanks for the quick reply guys!

It would be nice not to have to flash or adjust anything in a major way but will do what is required if need be. I wish there were a way to A / B both exhausts before buying. The ZARD appears to have a slightly deeper low end and consistency of sound from the youtube vids I have heard (maybe all in my head though). Price is a factor too I guess.

Makes me wonder why the Termi is so much more. Quality of materials or construction is better?? I don't get that feeling however from what many have said about the ZARD (that it is high quality too) but.... Why??

Anyway - thanks again!

Ed

I don't know if this is true or not but supposedly that one of the enginneers left Tremi and started Zard.

That, plus take a look at what Termi sells and how much they are used to selling it for.....
They have positioned themselves at the high end of the exhaust market on purpose. Better to make more money selling fewer exhausts then to make less money but have to do more work making more exhausts.....

GuzziMoto said:
That, plus take a look at what Termi sells and how much they are used to selling it for.....
They have positioned themselves at the high end of the exhaust market on purpose. Better to make more money selling fewer exhausts then to make less money but have to do more work making more exhausts.....

Cynical, but true. :cool:

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Thanks for the quick reply guys!

It would be nice not to have to flash or adjust anything in a major way but will do what is required if need be. I wish there were a way to A / B both exhausts before buying. The ZARD appears to have a slightly deeper low end and consistency of sound from the youtube vids I have heard (maybe all in my head though). Price is a factor too I guess.

Makes me wonder why the Termi is so much more. Quality of materials or construction is better?? I don't get that feeling however from what many have said about the ZARD (that it is high quality too) but.... Why??

Anyway - thanks again!

Ed

Either will work well as long as you leave the dB killer in. If there is an option for a cat-con get that as well, (The Termi has a Cat.) if set up and tuned correctly there is no need to re-flash anything IMHO but a lot of people seem to think there is.

Pete

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Makes me wonder why the Termi is so much more.
Surely the difference is having 'Guzzi' etched onto it (licensing agreements, etc, etc). Termi is quality, and Zard could've been a licensed manufacturer easily as well, quality wise. They are both equally nice. The Termi certainly has a more muted sound because of the cat-con. Otherwise they are very similar in design/build.

I too was trying to decide between Termi and Zard. Ended up going with Zard as it was easier to get (thru Todd). Haven't regretted once. I changed the air filter as well (already had the ECU reflashed and PCV/AT installed). Engine breathes much better. Sound is deep very much like in the youtube videos. My buddies complement on how the bike sounds every time we go riding. I have left the db killer on as I found the sound a bit too loud without it.

pete roper said:
Either will work well as long as you leave the dB killer in. If there is an option for a cat-con get that as well, (The Termi has a Cat.) if set up and tuned correctly there is no need to re-flash anything IMHO but a lot of people seem to think there is.
Agree with everything you wrote Pete except the dB killer. Never had one in and I have no complaints. What benefit am I missing out on?

Thanks for all the feedback folks. It has helped . Seems one would not go wrong with either exhaust and that the owners of each really enjoy them.Zard wins in the wallet for sure! hmmm......

My first post here. Pondering a pipe for my Tenni SE. Does anyone know if the Termi is compatible with the factory panniers? Is interference with the panniers an issue with any of these aftermarket pipes?

Todd's GT-RX pipe is also a good option. Excellent quality, looks good and sounds incredible.

gaurushab said:
I too was trying to decide between Termi and Zard. Ended up going with Zard as it was easier to get (thru Todd). Haven't regretted once. I changed the air filter as well (already had the ECU reflashed and PCV/AT installed). Engine breathes much better. Sound is deep very much like in the youtube videos. My buddies complement on how the bike sounds every time we go riding. I have left the db killer on as I found the sound a bit too loud without it.

Hey gaurushab,

Nice angle on that shot of your bike :D . Seriously, what manufacturer rear hugger did you go with? Looks like maybe a Skidmarx or Pyramid??? The Zard can blends nicely with your Black Devil - molto bello!! Gotta get me one of the small wind screens from MG too! Do you think the ECU re-flash and PCV/AT install is necessary with that exhaust and what #did you flash in? Newbie on this!

cheers,

E

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Nice angle on that shot of your bike :D
Thanks! right back at you ;). You will find some other angles here

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Seriously, what manufacturer rear hugger did you go with? Looks like maybe a Skidmarx or Pyramid???
SkidMarx Carbon.

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
The Zard can blends nicely with your Black Devil - molto bello!!
I agree. I gave serious consideration to Todd's GT-RX pipes - they have a very good rep here - and the price is right - but narrowed it down to Termi or Zard as I wanted a more "stock" look. The Zard pipe does blend in quite well with the black and silver theme.

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Gotta get me one of the small wind screens from MG too!
My screen is not MG. It is the Givi A240. You will find useful info by searching for "screen" or "fairing".

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Do you think the ECU re-flash and PCV/AT install is necessary with that exhaust and what #did you flash in?
I would recommend the ECU re-flash regardless of the exhaust (stock or aftermarket). It really does smooth-en the power delivery especially at low/mid RPMs. I was a bit disappointed initially with the Griso's jumpiness at low rpm and the consequent in-ability to cruise gracefully around the neighborhood. Todd's ECU re-flash improved things significantly. It also reduced the heat radiating from the engine. I don't recall which version he uses as base (it may be #68) but I think the secret sauce is in some of the other things he does in the map (like disabling the O2 sensor and tweaking the fueling to your specific bike/mods). PC-V/AT may be optional (I could be wrong) but it makes tuning (and keeping the bike tuned) much easier.

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Newbie on this!
You're in the right place. The folks on this board are very knowledgeable and kind to newbies. Do search the forums and if you don't find what you're looking for, feel free to ask. Happy riding!

Thanks for the good feedback Gaurushab - much appreciated!

What do you think of the Skidmarx Hugger? Looks very nice!! Was it easy to install and or did you look at any others for comparison?

Cheers,

Ed

Back