• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Fuel Ecomomy

swagzz

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Griso Fuel ecomomy
292 kilometres per tank
roughly 180 miles.
Also the Griso coughs twice , splutters once then dies when you run out of fuel.

later swagzz

What have you done to get that?

I have the 07 G11. I am red-light-on at 93 miles, and totally out at 121! Mind you, I see an average run speed of <50mph an abject failure, so I suppose it depends how you roll.

Brand new 8v with gas from the shop in it. Headed home from work in NYC, gas light goes on. A trip counter with a gas pump starts on the dash and I go 25 miles with the light on. Then I get stuckin traffic in the Holland Tunnel and just wait to sputter out in there and cause a major jam and have to push the bike out 2 miles. I made it out, at least I know I can go 25 miles on gas light. After all that the tank only took 3.9 gallons at the pump when I filled up on the NJ side of the tunnel. Still had over a gallon left the whole time and to think I was turning the bike off in traffic to save fuel. Sheesh.

I tried my luck today, rode my Griso SE for 40km after the gas light turned on, that’s around 25miles. Probably running on gas fumes when I hit the gas station :lol:

The workshop manual say 17.2ltrs with 3.3ltrs in reserve, which seems about right for my 07 G11. I usually manage about 135 miles before the reserve light comes on, with a worst of 120 and best of 145 before reserve. The worst mine has done is 40mpg and best of 52mpg - thats Imperial rather than US. Having said that most of my riding is on country roads with little traffic. My bikes done 7.5k now and the mileage seems to be getting better as the miles rack up.

I think that 17.2l includes the reserve.

You get 135 before light on? What is your riding style?

I do admit that my mpg seems to be better recently (2700 miles on the clock) but I rarely get over 42mp(US)g on the gauges.

Maybe I just usee too much right wrist? :eek:

First, the gauge display for fuel mileage is pessimistic. When I actually do the math my mileage is a few mpg higher then what the display tells me it is. The display is just an estimate.
Also, my 07 Griso total fuel capacity is around 5 gallons. It works out well as my wifes V11 only holds over 5 gallons but it gets less mileage so both bikes need gas around the same time. Usually when we fill up, when our gas lights come on, her bike takes 4.5 gallons and the Griso only needs 4. And that is with about a gallon left in both bikes.
By the way, in the past I have got about 45 mpg US. But I have installed the full kit from Todd, so we will see if that changes. I have rode the bike a fair bit since then and it works well, but I have not kept track of mileage yet. I am riding out to Indy for the MotoGP so that will be a good test.

Odd. Maybe mine hasnt loosened up yet, or I ride it a bit too hard.

I could swear I dont get anything like 5 UK gallons in my Griso from empty. Its more like 3 1/2. I'm confused now :S

GuzziHero said:
Odd. Maybe mine hasnt loosened up yet, or I ride it a bit too hard.

I could swear I dont get anything like 5 UK gallons in my Griso from empty. Its more like 3 1/2. I'm confused now :S

Don`t worry. US gallons are smaller than UK gallons. Sounds bullshit but it`s the truth. (Ever feel like the yanks are trying to stitch us up?). I use to get about 125-130 before the light came on when commuting, but now I get about 155mile before the light says - FILL ME UP NOW!
Guess it`s loosening up with the miles and I`m getting to be a tight fisted twat when I`m commuting, rarely going above 75mph which is not easy when you`re filltering thro 4 lanes of traffic on the QE2 bridge in the morning. But the racket I make coming back thro` the Dartford tunnel is soooo sweet :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know US gallons are affy (because they measure gallons based on wine volume rather than ale :geek: ) but 5 US gal is 18.9 litres and unless my fuel tank is missing something, there's no way I can get 18.9l into my G11!

Admittedly, I rarely go under 75mph, so I'm just putting it down to being heavy on the throttle. It is nice to know that it will improve with usage though. 93 miles to red light is insane!

GuzziHero said:
I know US gallons are affy (because they measure gallons based on wine volume rather than ale :geek: ) but 5 US gal is 18.9 litres and unless my fuel tank is missing something, there's no way I can get 18.9l into my G11!

Admittedly, I rarely go under 75mph, so I'm just putting it down to being heavy on the throttle. It is nice to know that it will improve with usage though. 93 miles to red light is insane!

Sorry for the confusion, I meant 17.2ltrs in total, reserve light is meant to come on when there's 3.3ltr left. As for riding style, I dont hang about, my one is no stranger to the red line :D

On my 8V I've gotten a big increase in mileage since the 068 map was installed. Went from low 30s to 40 mpg & that is really pushing for over half a tank(75-95mph). Bet I could get more at a steady pace.

Mine is quite consistent from day one.

18~19km/L which is around 42~44mpg(US)

I've been getting about 11-15 Km/l since day one on my G1100. I can go about 200km (125 mi.) on a tank before the light comes on. I drive mostly mixed highway/city on a regular basis. Bit of an adjustment from my VFR, I got used to getting 350 km (215 mi) on a tank - plus it has a fuel gauge.

Why Griso? Why is there no fuel gauge? - [a somewhat rhetorical question, since the mechanism for the gauge would take up room in the tank and make it even smaller - but still!!]

My '06 G11 does no commuting and most tankfuls will see a mix of high speed touring and bouncing off the rev limiter. The fuel light usually comes up around 135 miles and I used to find it was doing around 10 mpl regardless. The bike now has around 6k miles on the clock and is doing a little better - maybe nearer 11/12 mpl.

Don't you just love the mix and match units in this thread?

Then my speedo is wonky, or I have a REALLY freaking paranoid fuel light.

One day, I'll put a spare can in the topbox, fill it up, and ride it till it sputters out :S

On road trips on my 8v I'll get 38-43mpg US; 14.7 - 18.28 km/l. I've gone 150 miles on a tank before on a section of a road trip a couple months ago, and the gaslight came on just before I pulled in to fill up. I have the 068 map which helped.

However around town, I mean city stop and go traffic I'll get 30-35mpg US.

My 06 G11 has the full PC-V ,ECU reflash,o2 sensor, Auto tune , Staintune exhaust.
Auto tune on all the time.
with 37000 klm 21000 miles on it.
average around 6 litres per 100 klm
Light Comes on 220-230 klm 120-130 miles

When I ran it out of fuel :lol:
I had been cruising around 130 kmh - 80 mph for 170 klms - 106 miles nice highway running and 120k -66miles o tight twisty hilly running between 30 klm hr 20 mph to 100 klm hr -60 mph
later swagzz

Back