• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Fuel Ecomomy

my US 09 G12 8v hits low fuel light around 108-113 miles , and I've gone as far 138miles (25 miles on reserve..guess I should be really careful). When I filled it up it took 4.0 gallons (out of the 4.3 gallon tank) so I had .3 US gallons left if the fuel pickup could pull it that low. That's aggressive 3/4 throttle in stop and go city driving about half the time. Plus it's 110 F degrees and we have oxygenated 10% ethanol 91 octane gas here in Phoenix. We loose about 10% gas mileage during the summer months do to the crappy gas.. I did a road trip from 2k-7k foot elevation at 95 degrees+ with some triple digits and aggressive throttle and got 37.5 mpg. My high was 42mpg riding without a group.

Caveats- But I must confess I love listening to the intake honk of the open airbox and the GuzziTech Right side Exit Exhaust with dBInsert and I'm having way too much fun since my Griso has been unleashed with Todd's Full Meal Deal of ECU reprogram so the PC V can control the fueling below 40% throttle open (which is where all the herky/jerky happens at slow speed 5-15% throttle opening in traffic and parking lots), and Autotune, the CNC airbox Ring and BMC Airfilter, and the right side exit GTXR Exhaust with the dB insert in. The Griso now revs so quickly and pulls so hard it's almost impossible not stretch it's wings.. If your Griso is stock you have no idea what you are missing with your slow reving, congested top end, and worse jerky slow speed partial throttle response. Plus now I can accelerate cleanly from 3k to redline. Anything above 6500 rpm is just crazy strong and you better be ready to shift quickly after doing these mods. My gas mileage will go up considerably I'm sure of it once I settle down and get more than the 2k miles I currently have. Now I can ride around town at 3k (even as low as 2.5k it will pull my 185lbs without jerking) to 5k with plenty of power (the torque is much better now that I'm not running at 16.8-17.2 air to fuel ratio that the autotune demonstrated stock versus the 13.2 ratio it's running at now).

If you can afford (especially with the discounts available) the Griso you can't afford not to let it breath and fuel like it's suppose to. Plus with the heat here in AZ and the ultra lean stock condition below 6k (the autotune added between 22%-50% more fuel in this range) you can't expect the motor to hold up running lean. Before in bone stock form, I would have to keep the bike over 4,400rpm or the throttle response was jerky in traffic and I got the same gas mileage with my stock 068 and with my more aggressive riding with Todd's Full kit. Plus dropping the 20lbs off the bike makes transitioning the bike much quicker.

Gotta admit that while the 003 map improved my fuelling a tad and prevented the big bangs from the exhaust (it still pops, but heck thats a big bore for you), it didnt massively improve responses. I always run 98 or 99 RON fuel. I will get the air box ring and a better air filter but I'm unsure on buying a PC V because I really have no idea what I'm doing with that stuff.

What does anger me is that Speedaway Motorcycles didnt check/adjust my TPS even though I specifically asked them to.

In time to come, I am considering getting a dual-side exhaust. That'll be fun :D

Back