• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso + NJ roads + pothole = crap :(

Op Here:

I believe all is back to normal.

Since my last post:

I've had the leaking fork seals replaced.

The repaired front wheel was actually loosing more air overnight than before the repair. As much as 18psi per day.

Concerning the cost of damaged caused by the pothole.
The township will only pay IF I file a claim with my insurance company. AND they will only pay my deductible.
Since my insurance agent told me the claim will be a collision claim and not a comprehensive claim.
And life has taught me that insurance companies will always find a way to get their money back from you 3x over.
I am not putting in a claim.

The new wheels I ordered arrived this past Friday; 2/15/2013.
Is that 2-1/2 months ? I forget exactly when I ordered them.
The new wheels match the original wheels almost perfectly.
I say almost because they are not labeled the same as the original wheels.
The original wheels were both labeled Marchesini.
While the new rear wheel is labeled Brembo and the new front is not labeled at all.

That same day; I swapped the brake discs and valves from the original wheels to the new wheels. And installed new tires.
Had a bit of a scary moment swapping the front brake discs.
Because one of the holes for the disc screws was tight near the bottom of the hole.
Kinda like the last 1/8" was not tapped.
But it eventually went all the way in.
Just hope I remember that when I have to replace the discs when they wear out.
(Had to replace brake discs on my GSXR at I think 180,000.)

Unfortunately I haven't ridden since installing the new wheels.
It was late at night when I finished installing them on Friday, Saturday I had an NRA class to go to, and the roads are too salty to ride to work today.

Thankfully we are having a typical Winter here in Eastern PA / NJ.
Because if we were having a dry Winter like last year and the roads were not covered with salt; or whatever that white spray is the actually use to treat the roads.
Otherwise I would furious having to wait 2+ months for new wheels.

On a side note unrelated to the bent wheels.
I'd like to to give Kudos to Pitbull
I've managed to get a Pitbull front stand working in combination with the Becker-Technik rear stand.
They didn't have a pin for the Griso. So I gave them measurements of the steering stem hole.
And they gave me a custom made pin for free. :)
Read about it here: https://www.guzzitech.com/component/jmrphpbb/163/10234.html

I think that's everything.

--ET

Just a bit of input, not having any change in your sag does not tell much about bottoming which of course includes sag and spring rate, but is very dependent on damping. If the forks interals are gooned, you could have issues, I would check them out.
Cheers,

Back